Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 951: Impossible Foods & Disney announce partnership
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:25 am

It has been announced that Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure will begin to open in the summer of 2020!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/12/avengers-campus-at-disney-california-adventure-park-to-begin-recruiting-super-heroes-in-summer-2020/

We’re excited to officially announce that you will be able to team up with some of your favorite Avengers at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure park beginning summer of 2020!

DLRACM56768778.jpg

As we’ve previously shared, this campus is set up by the Avengers to recruit the next generation of Super Heroes.

DLRMACF57889.jpg

Avengers Campus is home to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as “WEB” – which will house our new Spider-Man experience, the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature this iconic Super Hero.

DLCMACD646322.jpg

During an open house at WEB, the aspiring inventors are excited to invite you for a test drive of their latest invention: the “Web Slinger” vehicle, which allows you to sling webs just like Spider-Man! The attraction gives you a taste of what it’s like to have actual super powers as you help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots that have run amok.

DLRPYMK356767365.jpg

Avengers Campus will also feature Pym Test Kitchen. Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies is using the latest innovations to grow and shrink food at this eatery.

DLRMACCC78878.jpg

You will also find heroic encounters throughout the campus, including Black Widow, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Super Heroes from Wakanda and Asgard, and Iron Man.

DLRACD7789.jpg

As Super Heroes continue to assemble at the campus, one of its iconic buildings will be the Avengers Headquarters where you should be on the lookout for Avengers in action.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and the official Avengers Campus module to learn more and get ready to join the next generation of heroes!

Join the conversation online @Disneyland #AvengersCampus
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 am

I can already hear the jokes people are going to make about the Pym Test Kitchen..... "they shrunk the pizza but still charge full price", something along those lines most likely.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:10 am

This looks fantastic, especially the Spider-Man ride! Depending on when it exactly opens I'll probably just be missing it.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 am

I'm hoping the shooting on Spiderman is more intuitive than Ninjago. Ninjago had a learning curve to it.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:05 pm

Am I alone is seeing the Spidey ride as a re-themed Toy Story? I've felt that way since the original announcement and nothing's been released to change that opinion.

To clarify, I'm not saying Toy Story is being rethemed to Spidey, but that the Spidey ride is another shooting gallery.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 pm

^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm

tinaalsgirl wrote:A group of fans actually put together a Life Day meetup at Galaxy's Edge, which included re-writing Christmas carols into Life Day-themed songs. One of the YouTubers I follow got the whole day on video. It was an unofficial event, but Disney was chill with it and I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen again. Chewbacca was very, very pleased by all the attention he got that day, too, lol.

That's awesome. Life Day is the only good thing to come out of the Holiday Special. :mickey:

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:32 pm

No mention of the microbrewery yet... :(

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

Well, yeah, they're fun and all, but not when they're a 5 minute walk apart!

Jew wrote:No mention of the microbrewery yet... :(

Please oh please be an Ant-Man "Micro"brewery.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:14 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

Well, yeah, they're fun and all, but not when they're a 5 minute walk apart!

I'm just used to home parks that place two boomerangs or wipeout flats within a 30 second walk of each other.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!