TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

A group of fans actually put together a Life Day meetup at Galaxy's Edge, which included re-writing Christmas carols into Life Day-themed songs. One of the YouTubers I follow got the whole day on video. It was an unofficial event, but Disney was chill with it and I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen again. Chewbacca was very, very pleased by all the attention he got that day, too, lol.

It has been announced that Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure will begin to open in the summer of 2020!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/12/avengers-campus-at-disney-california-adventure-park-to-begin-recruiting-super-heroes-in-summer-2020/

We’re excited to officially announce that you will be able to team up with some of your favorite Avengers at Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure park beginning summer of 2020!

DLRACM56768778.thumb.jpg.e3ae9fd577bf3101e55bacadc0efc37f.jpg

As we’ve previously shared, this campus is set up by the Avengers to recruit the next generation of Super Heroes.

DLRMACF57889.jpg.be5051b7ec0ddbcff06ea9a9e77bdff5.jpg

Avengers Campus is home to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as “WEB” – which will house our new Spider-Man experience, the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature this iconic Super Hero.

DLCMACD646322.thumb.jpg.d1dcdb9dde0b2b03b482d56a0f136306.jpg

During an open house at WEB, the aspiring inventors are excited to invite you for a test drive of their latest invention: the “Web Slinger” vehicle, which allows you to sling webs just like Spider-Man! The attraction gives you a taste of what it’s like to have actual super powers as you help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots that have run amok.

DLRPYMK356767365.thumb.jpg.4d13a0dd17d91dc47c51f2ce46f20bd1.jpg

Avengers Campus will also feature Pym Test Kitchen. Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies is using the latest innovations to grow and shrink food at this eatery.

DLRMACCC78878.thumb.jpg.13bb32cd14a31e83e136233a13adeeab.jpg

You will also find heroic encounters throughout the campus, including Black Widow, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Super Heroes from Wakanda and Asgard, and Iron Man.

DLRACD7789.thumb.jpg.a01f219a6b59532b50773f24514dc39c.jpg

As Super Heroes continue to assemble at the campus, one of its iconic buildings will be the Avengers Headquarters where you should be on the lookout for Avengers in action.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and the official Avengers Campus module to learn more and get ready to join the next generation of heroes!

Join the conversation online @Disneyland #AvengersCampus

Am I alone is seeing the Spidey ride as a re-themed Toy Story? I've felt that way since the original announcement and nothing's been released to change that opinion.

To clarify, I'm not saying Toy Story is being rethemed to Spidey, but that the Spidey ride is another shooting gallery.

A group of fans actually put together a Life Day meetup at Galaxy's Edge, which included re-writing Christmas carols into Life Day-themed songs. One of the YouTubers I follow got the whole day on video. It was an unofficial event, but Disney was chill with it and I would be very surprised if it doesn't happen again. Chewbacca was very, very pleased by all the attention he got that day, too, lol.

That's awesome. Life Day is the only good thing to come out of the Holiday Special.

^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

Well, yeah, they're fun and all, but not when they're a 5 minute walk apart!

No mention of the microbrewery yet...

Please oh please be an Ant-Man "Micro"brewery.

^ I'm guessing it's one of those hand-based shooters like Ninjago instead of a gun-based one like Toy Story. And I don't mind if they feel similar since I love those types of rides.

I'm just used to home parks that place two boomerangs or wipeout flats within a 30 second walk of each other.

No mention of the microbrewery yet...

Please oh please be an Ant-Man "Micro"brewery.

That will be the theme.

Go Go Go Go MICRO~BREWERY!

And most people who ride this Spiderman, will love the way they have to use their hand/arm as the web shooter itself, rather than the usual pistol, etc. I know I will! I haven't tried this tech at all, so I'm sure I'll be pretty hopped up for this, rather than Mania. Which I've done.

And at 66+ years old, I got my eye/physical co-ordination challenge done with Smuggler's Run... twice, and it was a lot of fun, too (early Sept.). I expect Spiderman will really test my physical skills, which is great for my age group! Whatever the hell that is. I look forward to the exercise.

My son and I are going to be heading out to the west coast during the week and a half he has off from school in April, and we're probably going to make it his first visit to a Disney park. I'm thinking two days mid-week, one per park, and getting the MaxPass both days to minimize downtime. Obviously we'll be a little bit too early for the new Marvel stuff, but that's okay. Any recommendations on how to best plan out our time here? Must dos for us will be the coasters, the Haunted Mansion, and the Star Wars stuff.

Oh, and side note, will any SoCal waterparks aside from Great Wolf Lodge be open at that point in the year, or are we out of luck there?

The MaxPass was such a wonderful option I didn't even feel like I had to have a specific plan of attack since I just kept getting another fast pass as soon as I used the one I had. I think it helps that neither park really feels very big and it's easy to get around them.

We also really liked the Guardians of the galaxy tower of terror ride. Haven't seen the new star wars stuff yet so can't comment on that.

The main thing I had read before going was to avoid grad nights but with it being April it's probably too early for that yet anyway.

My son and I are going to be heading out to the west coast during the week and a half he has off from school in April, and we're probably going to make it his first visit to a Disney park. I'm thinking two days mid-week, one per park, and getting the MaxPass both days to minimize downtime. Obviously we'll be a little bit too early for the new Marvel stuff, but that's okay. Any recommendations on how to best plan out our time here? Must dos for us will be the coasters, the Haunted Mansion, and the Star Wars stuff.

Oh, and side note, will any SoCal waterparks aside from Great Wolf Lodge be open at that point in the year, or are we out of luck there?

I always go with the park hopper since the two entrances are literally 60 seconds apart and I usually spend more time at Disneyland. I think California Adventure's top rides are just as good as the top rides at Disneyland, but there are more things I want to reride at Disneyland. That being said, you shouldn't have a problem doing everything with 1 full day at each park.

I don't know if the park has announced how they'll handle Rise of the Resistance yet, but if they do the first come, timed boarding pass system like Florida, you'll likely want to get there at opening.

For Smuggler's Run, we saved that ride for closing since it had a posted 50-60 minute wait most of the day. We walked onto it at closing. However, the ride does have 3 positions that are all unique. I like pilot best, but gunner is fun as well. If you want to try all the positions, you may want to do this one a few times.

One of the other advantages to getting to the park early is that you can knock out the low capacity Fantasyland dark rides early. You also can get ahead of the curve on Fastpasses. This is important since you can get your next Fastpass after 90 minutes or when your most recent Fastpass becomes active. For example, I usually get there a half hour early so I can get the first Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. This is the ride whose Fastpasses run out first. Since mine starts early, I can beat the wave of people to the Toy Story fastpasses and so forth.

I can already hear the jokes people are going to make about the Pym Test Kitchen..... "they shrunk the pizza but still charge full price", something along those lines most likely.

And now, they'll have an excuse to sell those mini pizzas to kids,

"shrunk down from the original size," wink-wink.

To Add: It will be interesting though, to see what they come up with (regular and 'shrunk') to serve there.

MiniPizzas.jpg.e9c35dddea74fd1b508258acf81deae7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very tempted to make a trip out over President's Day weekend (Feb 20th), but nervous about rides down for rehab during that time.

Haunted Mansion is down, and I'm reading how about Splash usually goes down during that time. Apparently Indy is going to have a big refurb in 2020? Or did it just open up? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on Splash and Indy.

Thanks!

It looks like they've posted everything for that date and it's just Snow White, Carousel, Haunted Mansion and Red Car Trolley (which I had to Google) at the other park.

Since you're in a fluming mood, note that since we won't be in town, Timber Mountain Log ride will be open.

Edited by coasterbill

It looks like they've posted everything for that date and it's just Snow White, Carousel, Haunted Mansion and Red Car Trolley (which I had to Google) at the other park.

Since you're in a fluming mood, note that since we won't be in town, Timber Mountain Log ride will be open.

That probably means that all of Knott's launched coasters will be down for me, again Thanks!

I always go with the park hopper since the two entrances are literally 60 seconds apart and I usually spend more time at Disneyland. I think California Adventure's top rides are just as good as the top rides at Disneyland, but there are more things I want to reride at Disneyland. That being said, you shouldn't have a problem doing everything with 1 full day at each park.

I don't know if the park has announced how they'll handle Rise of the Resistance yet, but if they do the first come, timed boarding pass system like Florida, you'll likely want to get there at opening.

For Smuggler's Run, we saved that ride for closing since it had a posted 50-60 minute wait most of the day. We walked onto it at closing. However, the ride does have 3 positions that are all unique. I like pilot best, but gunner is fun as well. If you want to try all the positions, you may want to do this one a few times.

One of the other advantages to getting to the park early is that you can knock out the low capacity Fantasyland dark rides early. You also can get ahead of the curve on Fastpasses. This is important since you can get your next Fastpass after 90 minutes or when your most recent Fastpass becomes active. For example, I usually get there a half hour early so I can get the first Fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. This is the ride whose Fastpasses run out first. Since mine starts early, I can beat the wave of people to the Toy Story fastpasses and so forth.

I have to agree with getting there early. You can often get done in a couple hours what takes a lot longer to do if you don't arrive until after 10am. We did 3-day passes this past week/weekend and found that we had a full day at Disneyland with early access, a partial day at DCA early, then on to Disneyland for the rest of the day, then cleanup rides on the 3rd day. Planned will with better use of fast passes than we had, 2 days would work out well.

I was surprised (and then again, I wasn't) that people showed up so early to get into the park. With the Boarding Groups being a first come first serve digital service that went live at 8:00 am, as long as you were in the park just a few minutes before, you'd have an equal opportunity to snag a boarding pass as the person who showed up at 4am.

I hope the ride operates well today for everyone trying to join the resistance!