Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby DJeXeL » Wed May 13, 2015 6:33 pm

RMC manufactured the track. S&S manufactured the ride vehicles and designed the ride.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby johnychen » Wed May 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Just came back from media day. Got 4 rides in today. Definitely way better than Green Lantern at SFMM. The restraints are really comfortable. The ride is forceful and intense but not in a painful way. Seats on the back of the train are more intense than the ones in front of the train. I got multiple spins on every ride. The ride was not nauseating. It was a very wet but fun day. The queue has a very nice holographic display of the ride vehicle.
Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SFFTfan » Wed May 13, 2015 7:22 pm

How is it for people with glasses? Will they make me take them off?

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed May 13, 2015 8:38 pm

^^Good seeing you today

^You will want to take them off or have them strapped, almost lost mine today, something that I've never had happen. (You'll see that in the onride that'll be uploaded later) In fact I would not at all be surprised to see the park require a strap or to secure them in a pocket or with a non-rider.

Full report coming up as soon as I dry out! Crazy fun!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed May 13, 2015 9:10 pm

johnychen wrote:...The ride was not nauseating...
This is a good thing to hear... The more and more I watch today's videos the more nauseous I get. This might sadly be one of those coasters I have to sit out. :( My partner and I do not do spinning or flipping very well at all, and there was a LOT of rocking back and forth on this coaster. Is it sad that I am scared to ride this coaster simply because I am afraid I will blow chunks ever where?? :?r :cry:
Bigger is not always better.

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 14, 2015 5:39 am

This looks outstanding. Wow!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 14, 2015 5:55 am

I am intrigued by this ride. I guess if I survived Insane at Grona Lund, I can survive Batman.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu May 14, 2015 6:12 am

Yesterday TPR attended the Media Preview for Batman: The Ride, the world's First 4-D Free Spin Coaster, and despite mother nature, a great time was had by all.

The ride sports some awesome theming in both the indoor and outdoor queue line. fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are provided for your loose articles and are highly suggested as you WILL lose items in your pockets (I would also strongly recommend taking off your glasses/sunglasses) You'll arrive to a short split behind the control building where you are sent left or right. But don't worry, the plan is that no more than 2 full trains of people will be beyond the split at any given time.

Speaking of loading, the process will be quick and easy. Two trains are loaded at a time and sent on their journey. Once in the air you'll have a great view of Superman or Goliath, but don't get too comfortable as once off the lift you're in for a fliptastic ride. Smooth as glass and with a fluid motion you'll flip over and over as you soar down the track. The restraints? Yeah, some of the most comfortable I've ever experienced.

Speaking of experience, how does one describe the ride experience? Well I describe it as all those times you've been to the carnival with a group of friends and stuffed yourselves as a group into the zipper, a break dance, or a rock-o-plane, and combine that with the emotions of laughter, loud outbursts, and maybe some swearing, and what you end up with is one of the most insane giggly fun times you'll have on a roller coaster. And the best part? Like all of those carnival rides, you'll never have the same ride experience twice. Riding just once won't do it, no way, no how. You'll find yourself laughing, hooting, and hollering down the exit as you make your way back to the entrance.

Bottom line is Batman: The Ride fills that missing void the park had and adds to an already stellar collection of rides. It's completely re-rideable time and time again and uses one of the best train designs I've seen in some time. Engineered to ensure you won't get sick, you'll be nice and comfortable with the soft restraints and no head bang design. Move you arms around while you ride, kick you feet a little as well and you just mind find yourself inducing a few extra spins.

Even though the day was soggy, fun was had by all. As a result of the downpours we weren't able to photograph much of the ride in action, but we are able to bring you some pretty cool nerd shots.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy your spin.

IMG_8910.JPG
Welcome to the media preview event for Batman: The Ride at Fiesta Texas!
IMG_8913.JPG
I don't always travel in style, but when I do, I go big.
IMG_8921.JPG
So let's walk through the entry queue of B:TR.
IMG_8922.JPG
They've got this cool hologram of the B:TR Ride Vehicles
IMG_8923.JPG
And hey look, it's Batman himself!
IMG_8925.JPG
Once you make your way past the entry building you come out on to the plaza where you find their custom made Batmobile
IMG_8915.JPG
But first things first, a quick ride
IMG_8916.JPG
The lift will provide you with some excellent views
IMG_8917.JPG
But in a matter of no time you are flipping head over heals
IMG_8920.JPG
Seriously it's a really awesome ride, totally smooth and re-rideable.
BTRMediaDay 005.JPG
But after just two rides the rains came as did the lightning so we had a chance to look up under B:TR's skirt
BTRMediaDay 018.JPG
Because we could
BTRMediaDay 021.JPG
So much engineering work went into this ride vehicles
BTRMediaDay 025.JPG
Making them super smooth
BTRMediaDay 029.JPG
And super comfortable.
BTRMediaDay 033.JPG
The plan is to run all five trains.
BTRMediaDay 037.JPG
Up on top of the station track.
BTRMediaDay 046.JPG
Hold area for train 2 waiting on the lift.
BTRMediaDay 051.JPG
Sexy chain
BTRMediaDay 060.JPG
I can't emphasise enough how comfy the trains and restrain system is.
BTRMediaDay 063.JPG
And because I'm a nerd...
BTRMediaDay 066.JPG
The bar thingy comes down to lock the seats in place while loading and unloading.
BTRMediaDay 071.JPG
BTRMediaDay 073.JPG
IMG_8940.JPG
Don't you wish you were in that seat?
IMG_8942.JPG
Ohhh ahhhh
IMG_8960.JPG
And after waiting on the rains for more than 5 hours it was time to call it a day. I'm pretty confident this should be placed on your bucket list, best ridden with friends, but just as awesome ridden without them.

Hope you enjoyed this non-traditional media day report as we made lemonade out of weather lemons!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 am.

Postby thrillrider » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 am

Great addition to the park, but Imo, the ride itself looks meh at best. Of course I will hold my judgment till I ride it this fall.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 am

Great photos, thanks for sharing! I will admit this ride *looks* amazing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!