TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Shavethewhales2 said:

So basically every popular weekend is tickets only

As AmyUD said, it's been like this for a very long time, this is nothing new. I do share disappointment at the early closing times.

• 2 months later...

Doing a 2023 Season Update on this, primarily for myself: (Prices 2001, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 via Wayback Machine); Inflation is $1 in 2001 = $1.70 today.

Phoenix: $1.50 $2, $2, $2.50, $3, $3, $3.50, $4, $4.50

Flyers: $0.80, $1, $1.20, $1.50, $1.75, $2.50, $2.50, $3, $3.50

Carousel: $0.70 $0.80 $0.90, $1, $1.50, $1.75, $2, $2.50, $2.50

Red Baron: $0.60, $0.70 $0.80, $1, $1.25, $1.50, $1.75, $2, $2

Adult Wristband w/ Coasters: (not available yet for 2023), $31, $37, $39.50, $47, $50, $53, $55

Other notes- Black Diamond is $4, Phoenix, Twister, Impulse, Flying Turns- $4.50, Haunted Mansion increased from $2.50 to $3 to $3.50 in the last two years. All flats are $2.50-3.50 now, Skyway remains $5 Kiddie rides are $2 (Kozmo's Kurves = $3.00)

Campground rates went up from like $56/58 to $62/66 to $65/70 the last two seasons as well which seems pretty steep.

Prices increased again, of course. Which is to be expected. Coasters all went up 50 cents, many flats did as well. I would say about half or a bit more of the rides went up by 50 cents. This represents a roughly 10% increase on everything in one year. If you are a family of four and you ride with tickets for a day and rode 15 rides each, that is $15-20 more than last year, probably. It seems like they're pretty clearly trying to push people toward wristbands more and more. Which sucks. I know labor and other costs are up, but these hikes seem more dramatic than warranted at face value and far exceed the increases in years past. I’m expecting wristbands will be $55 or $60 during peak summer when they do release those, early season is cheaper due to shorter hours.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, MisterBrow said:

PA minimum wage in 2001 : $6.25

PA minimum wage in 2023 : $7.25

I sure as hell hope Knoebel's is paying their staff more than the pitiful minimum wage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SharkTums said:

Looks like they're pretty decent for a summer job in central PA!

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.30.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.31.36 PM.png

I think more parks should do this: give bonuses or higher pay for pre & post season and for older workers(since there seems to be stigma about adults doing "kids work").

• Like 1

What stigma??? The older people don't care about the stigma, they just don't want to do that kind of work when other jobs more appealing to them are available. When you get to the age of a retiree, it's never usually about the money. They will go work at a hardware store for $5.00 an hour to keep busy, as opposed to an $11.00 an hour job working at an amusement park.

Also, a wage increase based just based on age and nothing else, only to fight a stigma? What is this, 2023? Fuck it. Let's regulate it and put it into law. Anything to help me keep getting my 2% raises during 15% inflation.

The minimum wage jobs are probably reserved for people who work on tips, like waiters/waitresses. Although now, that includes coffee shops, people at commercial smoothie shops, or basically anyone who can swipe your card with a guilt "tip" option. "Would you like to top 25% or 150% for the black coffee I just poured you?" That or, "Would you like to round up your total to the 'Kids and Animals recovering from brain cancer, hemorrhoid's, and mental illness' fund?" 

This 4:00 AM pre-work coffee better start kicking in, or my third 12 hour shift in a row this weekend is going to suck, leading to more rants...

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Take note that I'm really trying hard not to get banned.

You should just make this your signature at this point.

• Haha 1

Hey everyone!

I need advice. I'm going to Knoebels for the first time this summer! I'm so excited. My wife and I love rides, and plan to be there from opening to closing. Is there a recommended order to hit the coasters to avoid long lines? Or, advice on low capacity rides that are in high demand?

Also... we were thinking of going Memorial Day. Is this stupid and defeat my "avoid the crowds" idea? 😂

Lastly, what are the "Must eats" of this park? I know everyone has their favorites. 

Like I said, I'm excited to go for the first time. We actually chose this park over Hershey and King's Dominion this year. We're wanting the most our of this highly ranked historic park. Any help is appreciated! 

1 hour ago, MartinU said:

Hey everyone!

I need advice. I'm going to Knoebels for the first time this summer! I'm so excited. My wife and I love rides, and plan to be there from opening to closing. Is there a recommended order to hit the coasters to avoid long lines? Or, advice on low capacity rides that are in high demand?

Also... we were thinking of going Memorial Day. Is this stupid and defeat my "avoid the crowds" idea? 😂

Lastly, what are the "Must eats" of this park? I know everyone has their favorites. 

Like I said, I'm excited to go for the first time. We actually chose this park over Hershey and King's Dominion this year. We're wanting the most our of this highly ranked historic park. Any help is appreciated! 

Flying Turns first. It has the lowest capacity and slowest lines. Then Impulse. After that, you should be fine.

• Like 3

it will be packed

and you'll likely want more than one day. .there's just so much to do and see there.

as to the coasters?   Twister & Phoenix are both people-eaters, so don't let the lines scare you off.

Flying Turns will get the longest line, and moves the slowest. . . so I'd say go there 1st and wait in the line (as it won't get any shorter as the day goes on).

Impulse is just a "meh" coaster to me, and tends to get long lines because it's towards the "front" of the park. .but that line does shorten as the day goes.

Don't miss the chairlift, the main Carousel (with the rings), the haunted house (upcharge, but worth it), the Pioneer Train, the flyers, the bumper cars (even tho i dont' do bumper cars. . they are classics). . . hell. . everything at Knoebels is great.

Play Fascination, do the museums, enjoy the pool if it gets too hot.   

all the food there is good, but I'm sure folks will point you to don't miss beyond the Periogies & and the Cheese on a Stick.

• Like 1

Just to echo everyone else's recommendations, Flying Turns first thing (but don't wait around if it's not running when you get there), then Impulse, then Haunted Mansion and Black Diamond.  From there, just go around and have fun.  Everyone else's suggestions for things not to miss are good.  Don't skip out on the museums and "non-ride" things this park has to offer too.

Edit:  Oh, and don't skip Cosmotron, either!

Not sure if Memorial Day is any more or less crowded, but I went on Labor Day weekend last year (Sunday) and I found it very manageable to do everything I wanted. Unfortunately Black Diamond was closed. I got there just after opening at hit Impulse first, then went right to Flying Turns (since at the time it had just barely reopened after a lot of downtime so I wanted to make sure I got on it). That line crawled but I eventually made it on. Like others have said, Phoenix and Twister eat people and have superb operations like a well oiled machine. Even a little line will move quickly and never be a problem.

I didn't eat too much in the park, but what surprised me the most were the prices. I got a large slice of pizza and drink for $6.50. That's basically unheard of at any other park.

Also don't miss StratosFear. It has a fantastic drop and some good views.

Thanks everyone!

Flying Turns is one ride I'm really excited to ride. I remember watching the long long building process and mods to it. It and Phoenix, Fascination and a few other classic rides have me so excited to visit! 

• 1 month later...

So I've got my first visit to the park coming up next week. I have my all day wristband paid for. I'm planning my food route around the park.

I know Flying Turns is a good ride to hit early. I know the park is free to enter, but how early can I park and get my wristband?

Haunted Mansion isn't included in the wristband, but can I purchase tickets for it anywhere or just at the attraction?

On 7/24/2023 at 10:29 AM, BobloLives said:

Can you let us know the status of Bayern Kurve? I'm absurdly excited about this ride.

Ride's circuit is not yet complete. No signs of work in the area. Look like it's a "for next year" sort of thing.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Power Surge is gone, apparently, and the Rock-O-Plane is going in.

Power Surge was one of my favorite flats, and it's not one I've seen many other places, but even after all the money and time the park's spent trying to get it working properly, it seems like it's down more than it's up, so this isn't really much of a surprise.

Kinda thought the Bayern Kurve would be in before the Rock-O-Plane, but cool to see either way!

Power Surge apparently is sitting in the parking lot no, so no official word on its final fate yet, but I don't expect much but the scrapheap with how rarely it's run lately...

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question for locals to this park or anyone else who is familiar with the surrounding area - what other things are there to do nearby? I've been to Knoebels in the past, but it's been a long time ago and I wasn't traveling with my husband who has no interest in parks and coasters.