TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Meh, I found Cesari's (yes, from the right spot) to be mediocre at best.  Good for amusement park pizza, I guess, but still doesn't hold a candle to Mack's, Jonuzi's, or 3 Brothers (Seaside).

• Thanks 1

^^ So, who is the new 'brand name' for the pizza place? Or is it the dough itself renamed? I'm not sure what I'm asking. 🤪

(BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ? )

4 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ?

What I posted there is actually this thing we call a screenshot. That post is essentially a screen capture of a Facebook post the park made and unfortunately we're not quite at the point of being able to click on links embedded into an image, so in order for you to actually go to that link there you'd have to type those exact characters into your web browser which in theory should take you to the post on Knoebels website. Best of luck!

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, boldikus said:

And the freaking pickles-on-a-stick. Good lord.

I care about the Cheese on a Stick !   (tho I have heard that over the past several years, Totem Treats wasn't always reliably open).

as to those who were unimpressed with Cesari's ?   All I can say is that you must have had the Deep Dish version.
(and I have to give Credit to Robb. . who, when he saw that I was getting a slice of Deep Dish, told me that I really need to get a  "regular" slice too. . . wow, what a difference.   The deep dish is really very average, but the original/regular slice?  really amazing pizza. . not just for a theme park, but in general).

I hope the place that replaces Cesari's uses the same recipes. ..I mean, if they are retiring?  might as well pass on the recipes to the new place!

8 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

^^ So, who is the new 'brand name' for the pizza place? Or is it the dough itself renamed? I'm not sure what I'm asking. 🤪

(BTW - That little blue link there, only took me to another photo of the same pizza. So ...... ? )

now, Bill. . . we've GOT to get you into the modern age 😛

57 minutes ago, bert425 said:

as to those who were unimpressed with Cesari's ?   All I can say is that you must have had the Deep Dish version.
(and I have to give Credit to Robb. . who, when he saw that I was getting a slice of Deep Dish, told me that I really need to get a  "regular" slice too. . . wow, what a difference.   The deep dish is really very average, but the original/regular slice?  really amazing pizza. . not just for a theme park, but in general).

Nope, it was the standard thin crust.  Guess I'm just spoiled by what NJ has to offer.

14 hours ago, boldikus said:

so in order for you to actually go to that link there you'd have to type those exact characters into your web browser which in theory should take you to the post on Knoebels website.

Or.... if you are on newer versions of Android, you can perform witchcraft and toggle to the "app switcher" screen, hit "select" at the bottom, and voila now you can click or copy/paste/search/launch text or URLs from a screenshot or anything else on the screen. But then again, who's on Android....

[/that guy]

Screenshot_20220426-205345.thumb.png.18942b461c9e9691eff4009f1cb90a99.png

Screenshot_20220426-205310.thumb.png.0eb029065ed80ca07943cbee1b70266f.png

You can even do it on my screenshot of a screenshot.

Reaction Mind Blown GIF by Debby Ryan

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they are running Flying Turns this year? I don't think it opened at all last year. I am planning a road trip and that is the difference of adding Knoebels or passing it by since I have never succeeded on getting on it. I mean I know even if they are running it sometimes it will be closed a lot of the days anyway, but we love the rest of the park and it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking the app all season, I don't believe Flying Turns is open. I do believe it's possible it opens later this summer though as it is one of only a few closed rides most of the time.

I really wish they gave Looper higher priority for staffing, as it's much rarer than many of the flats they staff every day. 

• 3 weeks later...

^I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but either way it works for me.  Add Cesari's to the top of the "Pizza that is clearly no where near good enough to be in a park of this high calibur" list.

Knoebel's and Holiday World at the top of my list.  But man, dat pizzas baad!!

I still don't get this Cesari's hype. Growing up with Macks, Jonuzi's (Atlantic City) and 3 Brothers (Seaside), I wasn't that impressed with the last Alice I had from Cesari's. 

Plenty of things that aren't necessarily the best of the best become cult favorites. A lot of the love is probably due to longevity and the atmosphere of being in the park, memories of days gone by, etc.  More than just taste. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright - all of you Knoebels fans/experts, I need all of your pro-tips.

I'll be at the park for the very first time on Sunday 9/4. It's Labor Day weekend so I'm anticipating some crowds, but I've heard this park has good operations so is there anything I should look out for? Would it be safe to assume that Impulse has the worse line in the park and to go there first? I plan on getting there at opening around 12 and staying until late afternoon, maybe 5 or 6, since I need to drive a couple hours that evening. I imagine that's enough time for everything?

Also looking for food recommendations. I will likely only eat one meal in the park. I've heard great things about pizza but I'm not a big pizza person (thank you, lactose intolerance), so any other recommendations?

This day of my trip I will also be flying solo so if anyone in the area wants to show a first-timer around the park and ride some coasters let me know!

^ that's not NEAR enough time for "everything" - Knoebels is WAY more than the 4 coasters. . the flats all run amazing programs, and the dark rides are fantastic (Black Diamond, Haunted Mansion). . as are the games (you can blow 3 hours just playing Fascination) and the museums (Mining, Park History, Carousel horse)

I once spent 16 hours there (with TPR) and it still wasn't enough.

go and enjoy, then plan to come back for at least 2 days.

as to food. . .yeah, the Pizza is good, but I think the ownership just changed on it, so don't bother.  

instead "graze" at several places -

1) Perogies (from the good stand. . NOT the Round Stand, where they are fried)
2) Cheese on a Stick from Totem Treats
3) ice Cream from the Old Mill
4) Potato Cake from the Potato Cake stand.
5) Cesari's Pizza (original Slice, not the square) if you still wanna try a piece

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Alright - all of you Knoebels fans/experts, I need all of your pro-tips.

I'll be at the park for the very first time on Sunday 9/4. It's Labor Day weekend so I'm anticipating some crowds, but I've heard this park has good operations so is there anything I should look out for? Would it be safe to assume that Impulse has the worse line in the park and to go there first? I plan on getting there at opening around 12 and staying until late afternoon, maybe 5 or 6, since I need to drive a couple hours that evening. I imagine that's enough time for everything?

Also looking for food recommendations. I will likely only eat one meal in the park. I've heard great things about pizza but I'm not a big pizza person (thank you, lactose intolerance), so any other recommendations?

This day of my trip I will also be flying solo so if anyone in the area wants to show a first-timer around the park and ride some coasters let me know!

I have to second what Bert says.

We've tried the very same, been there on a July saturday around opening and had to leave in the afternoon due to already existing bookings. We had two rides on Phoenix, two on Twister, one on Flying Turns and Impulse and missed out on 80% of the flats. And we were riding/queueing/eating nonstop. No time for looking at the beauty of the park. 

There is no way to do everything on a holiday weekend in five to six hours. Even without rerides. You'll have to make an importance list and work that down. Please put Phoenix, Twister and Flying Turns on top.

Our plan for our next visit it arriving early at day one, stay somewhere an leave on day two when we are done.

1 hour ago, bert425 said:

^ that's not NEAR enough time for "everything" - Knoebels is WAY more than the 4 coasters. . the flats all run amazing programs, and the dark rides are fantastic (Black Diamond, Haunted Mansion). . as are the games (you can blow 3 hours just playing Fascination) and the museums (Mining, Park History, Carousel horse)

^ That's the key — how much of "everything" you want to do. I visited a few years ago and was in and out in just a few hours, mostly because I didn't have much interest in stuff beyond the major rides. I'm glad I got to see the place, and I get why so many folks like it, but it wasn't my cup of tea at all. It's the kind of spot I'd set time aside for if passing through the area, but I personally wouldn't want to be there that long. It's worth it for Phoenix and the cool, old-school dark rides. Twister is good as well.

When I visited, I managed to ride everything multiple times in a short stretch. The only ride that proved tricky was Flying Turns, so I'd try to be strategic with that one and line up for it as soon as it opens. It's not a big place, so you can ricochet around grabbing re-rides if that's your thing. I had to pass on the food choices, even though I know Knoebels grub is popular with enthusiasts.

I'll piggy back on what bert425 and Pedrinho said; it's good stuff, you're gonna need time.  I went there for like 8 PPPs in a row, and I would always get there Thursday (Covered Bridge festival + some rides + carousel!), stay Friday (not sure if coasters are usually open, but most everything is), and then Saturday and all day Sunday.  Still go home wanting more!

Of course, we do have variation in opinion, a good thing!