TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I'm gonna guess flipping the trains back forwards. I would love to see Six Flags do something gimmicky like putting spinning trains on it and advertise worlds first shuttle launch spin coaster ect ect 

Mr Freeze Sideways Blast! Worlds first sideways launch! Coming 2023!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lotologist492 said:

My guess is a full re-theming and rehab.  There are many other Intamin launching coasters, including another Mr. Freeze at SFStl, Poltergeist and Joker's Jynx, and Flight of Fear at two Cedar Fair parks.  One would think parts availability is not an issue.  And since the chain has been refurbing and re-theming coasters (including the aforementioned Poltergeist at SFFT) in lieu of adding new attractions, this would certainly fit.  This ride is simply too popular to just remove it.

These are Premier Rides coasters, not Intamin.

2 hours ago, Superbatboy said:

^good news! Hopefully a nice retheme, and some new (un-comfort collar) Premier trains! 

It would appear that some sort of major rehab is afoot! Good news! Maybe new trains, possible re-theme to Two Face with one train launching forwards and the other backwards! Lots of possibilities!

• Like 1

Nooooooooooo! No no no! I’m… I…. What the f#€k.

The reverse blast was way better than the original, I love being blasted in reverse. Looking down that tall slender rod before falling back onto it cannot be recreated.

Hopefully this just means a launch upgrade so it is quicker than before and more reliable. If SFStL loses Freeze I think I’ll go ahead and give up on life.

It’snotabadomenit’snotabadomenit’snotabadomen.

11 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Hopefully this just means a launch upgrade so it is quicker than before and more reliable. If SFStL loses Freeze I think I’ll go ahead and give up on life.

It was already stated a few posts above you that the park's Facebook page indicated the coaster wasn't being flat out removed.

"”Last chance to ride MR FREEZE: Reverse Blast is Sept 11…but do you really think it’s going away? Not a chance! Stay tuned for more… “

On 8/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Sportsdude360 said:

These are Premier Rides coasters, not Intamin.

Oops...my bad.  But my point remains the same in that there are numerous other Premier launching coasters in operation.  But - it may be a moot point now that SF has acknowledged this is going to be a refurb, enhancement, or re-theme, or all three!  This has long been one of my favorite rides.  In fact, I rode the copy at SFStl on my very first visit to another (not my home) SF park, and this was in 1998.  Freeze still holds up well after all these decades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Would it have been that hard to have a train run each direction so the rider could choose? Oh I forgot Texas took away the right to choose. Dang. So much for freedom.

Perfect analogy! I love it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite all the jokes about this thing taking an absurd amount of time to actually open, this will be a very nice addition to the park. I'm very happy they added the turn table for 2-train ops and on those crazy hot summer days I'm sure it will still draw a massive line.

So many parks could use a new modern water coaster like this. This would be perfect at Carowinds.

5 hours ago, StormRunner98 said:

Rude. Nobody calls you out for being a fat secretary who doesn't drive.

🤣😂 Nobody but pussies who have to make a fake account to do so. I got your number though. ;)

9 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

LOL! That's my actual voice, although I was bit hoarse at the time.

I feel like you missed a career as an announcer for baseball games.