TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...
I think all of their coasters except for Opa need some change.

Cyclops: Fix the rough section after the drop-o-death

Zeus: Retrack

Pegasus: Fix the final turn.

Little Titan: Proove you are a TPR member and you can ride it!(Something fantasy)

Hades360: Tear it down or Iron Horse!!!

Cyclops also needs a complete retrack somewhere down the line, but just fixing a couple parts should work for now. Also, I think some new padded trains might be a nice addition.

Honestly, Pegasus just needs to be torn down. There are no turns to "fix" because every single time the ride changes directions, it hurts LIKE HECK. Just tear it down and replace it with another crappy coaster. It's probably better than the miserable existence that is Pegasus.

Zeus is actually an okay out and back. A retrack would be spot on.

Hades needs some TLC from RMC, if you know what I mean. Maybe if Mt. Olympus sold all their crappy motels they could afford it.

Mt. Olympus has so much potential. I feel if they genuinely focused on researching similarly sized parks like Holiday World or Kennywood, they could make improvements to the park overall. The fact that there are curbs in the middle of the midways, and no proper changing rooms are some of the things that concern me. I want to like the place, I really do, but I can't with how many crappy visits I have had.

• 3 weeks later...

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3352493.shtml?cat=12196

Man Falls from Roller Coaster at Wisconsin Dells Theme Park

Authorities say a 64-year-old man has fallen off an indoor roller coaster at a Wisconsin theme park.

The Sauk County sheriff's office dispatch center says the man fell 15 to 20 feet and landed on the floor Thursday.

The dispatch center says it happened around 5:30 p.m. at Mt. Olympus Theme Park & Water Park Resort.

Paramedics were called. The man's condition is not known.

^This doesn't surprise me all that much. The ride is extremely jerky going around the corners on the upper half. When I was at the park a few years ago, one of the wheels fell off and a car valleyed. Beyond that, I'm just unimpressed with Mt. O with this coaster. They could have built a Vekoma Roller Skater and they go for a portable mouse coaster with mouse cars. The entire indoor park just has no consistency in themeing.

Luckily it was only 15-20 feet so it sounds like he didn't fall from the very top of the ride. A fall like that may cause serious injuries but often isn't fatal. I hope the man is ok and that this wasn't a result of Mt. Olympus' shoddy operations and maintenance procedures that they are so well known for.

Knowing Mt. Olympus' operations and maintenance procedures, this doesn't surprise me too much. But even with that, I can't imagine how someone can just fall off a roller coaster. Was it a mechanic doing work and falling or was it a rider who somehow got loose and fell? This story really needs more details to come out and soon.

Wonder if it was a patron or a mechanic? Is the place open at that time? By the sounds of things it wasn't a death.

That's what I was wondering. If it was guest I'm wondering how they even fell out unless he wasn't restrained properly or his restraints failed. I think we all knew something like this was going to happen at Mt. O, at least it wasn't on a larger ride.