TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

^I read that on Facebook as well. Is it just me, or did they just open Pandora's Box? It's an amazing thank you to their guests in theory, but once the park is overrun beyond what it's staffing and resources can handle they are probably going to irritate more people than they reward. I'm keeping my eyes peeled on this one.

Just got an email that admission to the park is totally free tomorrow.

If anyone is there today, I'd love to see reports! That is TERRIFYING!!

Also, it's kind of a slap in the face to the people staying at the 'resort' and paying for admission with their room rate.

Also, it's kind of a slap in the face to the people staying at the 'resort' and paying for admission with their room rate.

And for the crazy people who actually paid for ERT on Hades? They should have paid us for that wonderful privilege!

Yikes. Open for free on a holiday? Strange.

Store-brand ibuprofen? Not strong enough. Not even close.

If you think the free admission could cause problems, how about the fact that they are offering all-you-can-drink alcohol too? I'm not entirely sure about the details, but my mom told me they are doing all-you-can-drink for $20 or something along those lines tonight. In Wisconsin, I can see this event going over well sales-wise, but I can only imagine the chaos. I would have gone to give a report (and partake in the shenanigans), but I'm back at school now.

And I guess I'm the only person in the entire universe who loves Hades. Until my return trip to Cedar Point a couple of weeks ago, it sitting at the top of my coaster list. Oh well. Shorter lines for me.

Guess that’s why I’m the Lone Rider; I got no friends.

^ With how intoxicate most us on the trip got in a few hours of chilling at their bar, I can't imagine how frightening a $20 all you can drink would go at that park... Do have to give kudo's to the girl that was working and running the bar while we were there. She never seemed stressed or overwhelmed at when we all took over the bar, and she made some stiff tasty drinks

I think there have been no reports from yesterday because the place obviously just fell into the pits of hell deep beneath Earth!

Keep an eye out for Cthulhu! He might be making his way from the Dells!

We would have attempted it yesterday but our schedule wouldn't allow, so we just went to SFGAm for a couple hours in the morning instead. We had discussed going to Mt. Olympus Saturday for the $15 tickets but decided it would be too busy. I would love to hear how it was yesterday.

From what I heard, Hades was running very aggressive yesterday.

I'm waiting for a time when Hades will be running mellow.

Closest I've been to riding Hades was taking Amtrak through the Dells, you can see coasters from the train (and a "Torture Museum" next to the train station). Photo taken from the train at the Wisconsin Dells station. I wonder if the Wedding Chapel and the Torture Museum (see photo) are owned by the same business?

Goliath Number Seven (next year) seems far more worthy of a visit than Hades 360.

torture-museum.jpg.dbee9927806113e513cff0ceabd4ccb0.jpg

I think if Mt. Olympus wanted a coaster that inverts, they should have just added a Vekoma boomerang or something like that.

Besides their two small kiddie coasters(and that one water coaster they used to have), Mt, Olympus is fairly adamant about only wooden coasters. I doubt they'd install a large steel coaster but it would be cool.