TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who ever puked during or because of a ride?

New York State Fair this year. It was pushing 100F the day I was there. I will conclude this story with a photojournal and leave the rest to your imagination.

Glad we only got the before pictures

Slush.. nice

Edited by ItsMe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past couple of years I've learned that I'll feel nauseous if I don't have something in my stomach before I ride so always eat something, even if its small, before riding.

Tea cups made me puke years ago and ever since I just avoid anything that spins that tightly.

The only times I can think of in the past couple of years of coaster riding where I felt nauseous was at Coasters After Dark 2014 after riding Bizarro (Medusa) 3 times in a row, so much so that I feared I might hurl while sitting on the break run. After sitting down for 30 and eating a pretzel I was fine and back in action.

Another time was while Green Lantern after chugging beers in the parking lot on a hot day. Came on quick as soon as we went through the loop. While it was a tough lap to get through, I was fine after the ride, I think I just needed to burp.

I threw up the last time I was at Cedar Point which was about 5 years ago. My friends and I had stayed at Breakers the night before and I got very little sleep. The next morning, I basically chugged a Mountain Dew and ate one or two Pop Tarts for breakfast. We got in to the park an hour early for ERT and entered at the gate near Magnum, and then we ran all the way to Millennium Force. While I was a skinny guy, I was also very out of shape. Though I asked my friends to slow down as I was out of breath by the time we were passing TTD, they just kept on moving. As I was walking up to the ramp to Millennium Force's station, I lost it and puked on the side of the line queue. I got a lot of strange looks from other guests, especially when I boarded the ride just minutes after throwing up. I was a little shaky until about halfway through the ride, but I felt fine afterward. We then went straight to Maverick and I was still fine, but if I hadn't gotten some water after exiting Maverick I am confident I would have puked again.

So technically no, I have never gotten sick after a ride.

The only ride that I have ever come close to puking on surprisingly was at the Disney Park! That Mission to Mars ride is very intense! When they give people the option of picking which ride they want to go to I thought that was just Disney being Disney and over compensating for the fact that their parks attract a lot of families and international guest. I thought the same think when I noticed they have barf bangs in the actual ride cabin.

Once the ride started it was so intense I felt that feeling like I was going to barf but I held it down. I wasn't impressed with the ride at all. I was more impressed that a disney ride was intense enough to make me come close to throwing up. I came very close the bang was in hand... I still do not even know how the ride operates. That was for sure the most intense motion simulator I've ever been on and honestly I have no desire to ride it again.

Happened to me once, at the Woodford County fair when I was about 12 I think. Took 3 or 4 rides on the zipper without getting off then went for one ride on the pirate ship and lost it. Never has happened to me since but if I did 4 cycles on a zipper tomorrow it probably would.

Also, when I used to work on some flat rides like a Zameprla Power Surge and scrambler and tea cups and things, in 3 years of working rides think I only saw someone actually throw up once.

I have never puked on a ride before, but I usually start to feel queasy from swinging ships and the smaller Huss frisbees. The weirdest part is that I am perfectly fine on those swinging inverter ships (Zamperla hawks, Kamikazes, etc) or larger frisbees that seem to focus more on swinging (KMG & Huss Giant Frisbees).

I have been puked on once. I was 7 or 8 at a town carnival riding a Ferris wheel when a shower of vomit came from above. A stupid teenager was eating ice cream and intentionally puking on people. My dad reamed him out afterwards.

The ride cycle on the Tilt-A-Whirl at my home park (Midway) back when I was a kid used to make a lot of kids puke onto the floor portion of the carriage.

Although it never made me throw up, the ride attendants would just throw sawdust on it and keep cycling the ride. I remember how we used to avoid picking the puke/sawdust carriage and then watch the disappointed, disgusted look of people that thought that they were going to get on...only to see that the floor was covered in puke and sweet smelling red sawdust.

Oh those precious childhood memories.

This probably doesn't count since I never ended up vomiting, but here goes:

I went to the Tatsu media/preview event and my friends and I rode it 6 times back to back to back. On the last time we decided to close our eyes to see how it felt. Worst idea I've ever had lol. Two of the group totally puked, I almost puked and took three hour nap on one of the tables, and my other friend was totally fine. Never again will I shut my eyes on Tatsu lol

The only ride that I have ever come close to puking on surprisingly was at the Disney Park! That Mission to Mars ride is very intense! When they give people the option of picking which ride they want to go to I thought that was just Disney being Disney and over compensating for the fact that their parks attract a lot of families and international guest. I thought the same think when I noticed they have barf bangs in the actual ride cabin.

Once the ride started it was so intense I felt that feeling like I was going to barf but I held it down. I wasn't impressed with the ride at all. I was more impressed that a disney ride was intense enough to make me come close to throwing up. I came very close the bang was in hand... I still do not even know how the ride operates. That was for sure the most intense motion simulator I've ever been on and honestly I have no desire to ride it again.

I'm sorry for the double post, but this totally made me laugh out loud. I totally know what you're talking about! I was just telling someone about this the other day, actually. It's one I ride once each trip but it does make me feel a little uncomfortable during the ride and I completely lose my equilibrium for a while after the ride. Takes me a good hour to feel right again lol

• 1 year later...

Wasn't me but the person a row ahead of me.

I was in line for the last row on The Racer at KI at night when a man (probably around 50) got in line for the row in front of me. He wasn't looking too well, almost looked drunk as he grabbed the gates in the station. Anyway, we get on, and during the last drop before the turnaround I felt something wet hit my face, like a raindrop. The sky was clear so I had a pretty bad feeling I knew what it was, and sure enough as we pulled into the station he had thrown up all over himself. I felt really bad for him as when we came back into the station as a bunch of 13-14 year olds started yelling and pointing at him, making a scene. He grabbed his stuff quickly and got out of the station; the dispatching ride op actually had to lean over the booth and tell him to find first aid to wash his clothes while he was walking down the exit ramp as he didn't want to stick around and talk to any ride-ops. I'm just glad I didn't get hit with more than I did behind him, and I hope he was feeling better for the rest of the night.

Silver Bullet at Knott's nearly did me in 6 years ago. A hot summer day + dehydrated + just ate lunch + first time on this ride. I never actually puked, but I felt very sick the rest of the day. My lunch attempted to re-appear a few times, but I somehow pushed it back down.

Never puked on a ride. My most vivid memory is of a little kid at Hershey getting off a ride and sticking his head full into one of the covered garbage cans and booting. A hair taller and I think he would have had his shoulders in the can.

Closest was this thing at an end of school year party we used to have in my neighborhood. It was hot out. I was running around as I was in charge of the festivities. Had a big Gatorade water bottle filled with rum and coke.

https://agoodtimeamusements.com/rent-mechanical-inflatable-rides/bunny-buckets

I've never felt nauseated nor puked because of a ride. Sometimes I come off feeling a tad lightheaded or dizzy, but usually that's from minor dehydration... a quick sip of water and I'm fine.

I get way more sick from eating certain foods, or even driving in a car for long periods of time. Roller coasters and flat rides just don't do that to me, and I'm grateful for that every day!