TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

That One Ride You Just Can't Enjoy...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A ride ill probably get bashed for disliking, is actually Vortex at CW. Everyone says it's a great ride, but personally, I just find it rough... I always enjoyed the ride across the lake, the now defunct Skyrider (a ride most seemed to dislike) a lot more.

Welp, you guessed right lol. Can't agree with you (not even a little!) about Vortex. That ride is a gem!

And Skyrider? While I was sad to see it go in a nostalgic kind of way, I hadn't ridden it in years and it probably would have been an honourable mention on my list too if it were still standing lol...

Yup, you're backwards haha. But, to each his own! If you love 'em, ride 'em!

At least Skyrider had a good mix of positive Gs and airtime (the latter of which, vortex doesn't have )

Definetly found the airtime to be the best out of any ride (never had problems with the uncomfortable seat), and (smoothness/comfort aside, was probably one of the closest things CW (or any Canadian park for that matter) had to rides like El toro and Skyrush (the latter of which also gets complaints about an uncomfortable ride experience... Yes, I know I'll be hated for saying this, don't remind me ).

I was really excited to ride Skyrush and Kingda Ka this past summer and both of those rides I found myself enduring rather than enjoying. It could have been that my thighs were destroyed by Maverick and Magnum at Cedar Point the day before, but Skyrush was incredibly painful to me. I see why people like the ride, as its intense and filled with airtime, but the restraints made the ride an un-enjoyable experience for me.

I was also excited to ride Kingda Ka and see how it compared to TTD. I much prefer TTD as KK's restraints made the ride more uncomfortable. I also thought that the airtime hill didn't offer any air time and prolonged the positive g's from the pull out for too long. I also don't like the trim break at the top of the hill as it kills any semblance of air on that part of the ride. I rode in the 1st or 2nd rows every time and didn't find it rough, but the pull up and pull out were a bit too intense for my liking.

Ok...in the spirit of controversy...I am not overly keen on the updated "Test Track" at Epcot. I personally thought it was so much better when it was just a general "car test" with the heat lamps and weather and the like. Now with ALL the high tech flashy's and computer screens etc...it lost some of the appeal it once had. I don't believe in Hi-tech just for the sake of Hi-tech...and that is what happened to Test Track for me. Personal opinion only ( I know it isn't a c*** ride!)

Roller Coaster wise? Hmmmm.......tried California Screaming afew times...just can't get into the "feel" or "spirit" of it I am afraid. Sorry.

I305.

Explain yourself immediately. You've gone bonkers.

I will openly admit I305 is balls to the wall intense, but I prefer an air-time hill to the twisties. I305 is still a really great coaster, but I would take a B&M hyper over it since I find them more fun. Maybe he or she has the same feeling?

As for the ride I just can't enjoy, I'd have to go with Riddler's Revenge. I'm typically not a big fan of stand-up coasters in general. While this one was considered the best of the bunch, I just found the ride's forces and occasional headbanging (since I was wearing my glasses by mistake) to be uncomfortable. While they already have Scream, I'd openly look forward to seeing Riddler's be converted to a floorless coaster like Mantis was. That way they will have a good floorless.

Intimidator 305

I can't believe I am saying that, as I am a huge Intamin fan and Skyrush is my #1 steel coaster.

I honestly love I305 but EVERY TIME I ride it, I completely black out in the first turn, and I don't come back until nearly halfway through the ride. During this time I quickly lose all vision and all noise fades and is replaced by a high pitch sound. I convince myself I am dying every time.

I normally love the most intense coasters possible, but I just can't make myself enjoy this experience no matter how much I try and how much I think I'll eventually get used to it.

An easy, uncontroversial choice: Vekoma SLCs, at least the many that still have their original restraints. After so many bad rides on various models, I even dropped the 'get the credit' motto and skipped out on Mind Eraser at SFA. Sometimes I see reviews saying, "Well this one or that one wasn't so bad," so I've held onto a morsel of hope that at least one model won't devour my well-being, but no, they all have.

It's been a few years now, but I've had one ride each on X and X2. Both iterations felt like a car crash. X is to fun what noise is to music. I applaud the ambition of the design concept, but holy smokes, it rides with the same discord of an under-rehearsed middle school rock band, where every member just bangs away on his or her instrument with reckless abandon.

Batman: The Ride clones. I like intense rides, but I'm just not a fan of outrageous positive g's and feeling like your feet are going to explode. Ironically, I loved it when it was running backwards because it didn't do that to me.

I agree 100%. I will skip it every time. Same with Vortex at KI. I regret riding every time I get off. Never had a ride beat me up so bad and I have a high tolerance for pain.

Batman: The Ride clones. I like intense rides, but I'm just not a fan of outrageous positive g's and feeling like your feet are going to explode. Ironically, I loved it when it was running backwards because it didn't do that to me.

I agree 100%. I will skip it every time. Same with Vortex at KI. I regret riding every time I get off. Never had a ride beat me up so bad and I have a high tolerance for pain.

That's so weird because it's the same thing with me. When I rode it at great adventure this past season (backwards) it did not hurt at all and head banging was minimal. When it was foward my legs felt like they were going to fall off and my head banged much more. I wish it was permanently backwards.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket.

Easily my least favorite roller coaster in Orlando.

Uncomfortable, surprisingly rough, uninteresting, generally disappointing. Just can't enjoy it, ever.

Agreed. I think that "uninteresting" describes HRRR best. It just does nothing really. A semi-good first drop, some turns, a lot of MCBR and it screams gimmick out loud.

I can't stand log flumes or rapid rides either (unless they are *really* good, like River Quest or Splash Mountain). They are just so pointless and boring most of the times. There are few of the regular log flumes that have surprised me, like Holiday Park's and Liseberg's, but I normally skip those rides at any amusement park.

I can't stand log flumes or rapid rides either (unless they are *really* good, like River Quest or Splash Mountain). They are just so pointless and boring most of the times. There are few of the regular log flumes that have surprised me, like Holiday Park's and Liseberg's, but I normally skip those rides at any amusement park.

696e7330a19f755f74315c40a876eab8.jpg

But seriously, your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. Except the rapids rides part... those are stupid.

Invertigo at KI. This is the only coaster I've ever ridden that I couldn't find any enjoyable moments whatsoever. Most other coasters I don't like still have a few decent moments, but not this one. I never knew a coaster could have so much headbanging.

Intimidator 305

I can't believe I am saying that, as I am a huge Intamin fan and Skyrush is my #1 steel coaster.

I honestly love I305 but EVERY TIME I ride it, I completely black out in the first turn, and I don't come back until nearly halfway through the ride. During this time I quickly lose all vision and all noise fades and is replaced by a high pitch sound. I convince myself I am dying every time.

I normally love the most intense coasters possible, but I just can't make myself enjoy this experience no matter how much I try and how much I think I'll eventually get used to it.

You might want to see a doctor about blood pressure and circulation, bud. I'm not knocking you, I'm serious. If you're blacking out that easily after they re-profiled the turn you might have bigger problems.

About time I made a post on my own topic!

I can't enjoy anything built by Pinfari. I can usually find some enjoyment out of coasters considered the worst at their respective parks. A good example of this is Ninja at SFOG, which everyone but me seems to really hate for no good reason.

But Pinfaris are borderline unridable for me. I cannot enjoy a single coaster from this manufacturer. Their coasters are rough, boring, painful, ugly, and incredibly underwhelming. The RC-48 model crams you into the vehicles in a fetal position, then body slams you against the giant restraints. Oh and you can't see anything in front of you if you are in an even numbered row. And that's not the worst of it...

Most old-school flat rides that go in a simple motion (Himalayas, Scramblers/Sizzlers, etc.). Almost every flying scooter. Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster at Kings Island. Great American Scream Machine at SFOG.

Intimidator 305

You might want to see a doctor about blood pressure and circulation, bud. I'm not knocking you, I'm serious. If you're blacking out that easily after they re-profiled the turn you might have bigger problems.

^This

I grey out the majority of my rides on I-305, but it really varies on the person. I don't have an issue with greying out to the extent I do on the ride--for me it's similar to the extent at which I do on Nitro's helix.

However, when I brought my good friend to KD (after riding Nitro multiple times and occasionally greying out an acceptable amount, he lost consciousness on I-305. Every single ride. We could have re-ridden as it was a light Friday afternoon during Haunt with minimal lines, but I didn't feel comfortable watching him experience that. He loves intense coasters (El Toro) and actually really does like I-305, but he doesn't recall the first airtime hill at all, me touching him on the shoulder to check his responsiveness during that time, or his eyes rolling back into his head ever so slightly.

I'm not a medical expert, but I know that everyone responds to extended positives differently and we decided to take the safer route and sit it out a few hours, get some food and water, and try again later.