TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Unnecessary Queuing Lines

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue fire's queue line was unnecessary long if you ask me. When I got to ride it in 2010 we had a 5 minute long walk before entering an hour and a half up to an hour and 3 quarters queue, and still the queue line was not fully used that day. If you ask me that line is designed for a 3 hour wait or something.

Dreamworld's Cyclone has a very long queue that spirals around the themed exit building. Fortunately the emergency exit stairs are usually open so you can just go up those instead.

I was about to say the same thing actually. Any idea why they decided the queue should be the outside? If used to be on the inside when it opened, all the theming (if you can even call it that) is still there. They just don't run the wind turbine in the middle now.

Air, at Alton Towers. I literally cannot remember when the longest queue extension loop was used. When full, and all extensions are in use, the queue must be 3 hours... similar can be said for Nemesis which seems to have more queue than necessary.

On the flip side, rides such as Runaway Mine Train and Oblivion, barely have enough queueline on a busy day!

I was going to mention oblivion having a too long queueline - all those spiral levels, with no short cuts, when the queue rarely get's past the fasttrack merge point (at least on the last lot of times I've been there)??

Darien Lake's Viper comes to mind for me. I really appreciate the uniqueness of the location inside the heart of the layout, but after one time through the "scenic" route, just give me a shortcut!

Lightning Racer at Hersheypark is a good one mentioned earlier. Last fall I saw what appeared to be some deconstruction of the overflow area as several pieces were missing and the area seemed uncharacteristically messy by Hersheypark standards. So it appeared they were in the process of removing it, or using it as a parts donor for other queue sections in the park.

Another example was Led Zeppelin/Time Machine at Hard Rock Park. Even with high hopes for crowds, the amount queue line was massive. It seemed never-ending.

Dragon Challenge. It has a suuuper long queue line, but surprisely it's one of the most empy ride in the park.

It was completely full last Sunday. You just never know.

Wow, lucky me I wasn't there on a such busy day!

In the same park, I had the longest queue lenght I ever made. It "only" lasted 1 hour long, but we nearly never stopped walking. I'm obviously talking about Harry Potter.

The line was so long they had to add a part in the Jurrassic Park section... and even some switchbacks in the backstages! Does this happen often?

I'll jump on the SFGAm and SFStL bandwagons. The Boss, American Eagle, both Batmans, and Mr. Freeze are all just bizarrely long.

Batman's queue at St. Louis really stood out to me with all the back and forth through "Gotham Park". Then there's the walk completely around the back of the station. The Boss is probably the worst in terms of distance, but Batman keeps you from feeling like you're getting anywhere.

Can I mentioned Raptor at CP just because even though I've seen the line to through all the switchbacks (still only about two hours) but its usually not that long and it's just awkward and confusing when the line isn't past the stairs to figure out where the line is..

^this.

It would be so easy to break up the queue through Gotham City park, essentially making a straight line that would lead behind the fence to the rest. It's a bit strenuous on hot days to traipse back and forth from one end of G.C. park to the other, and being that I haven't seen the line even backed up to that part since opening year - was that almost twenty years ago already? - I don't see why they can't give us a bit of a shortcut.

Long queue would have to go for X2, SFMM. Not only do you have to cross the bridge to get to where X2 sits, but you have to go in pretty far! I can only imagine the wait if the line spilled out of the bridge.
This time of year it seems unnecessary, but sadly it frequently gets that long in the summer, several times the line will actually stretch across the bridge to the plaza. I've heard of 3 to 4 hour lines for X2 during the busiest days. It was over 2 hours earlier today.

I can't think of any that were unnecessary as built, although there are certainly a few that are less necessary now than they were when built like Viper.

I guess I could say Medusa at SFDK for one specific reason - I have never ever seen the park use the switchbacks. Even when the line stretches out the entrance, they still don't use them. They should be used, but they're wasted.

Blue fire's queue line was unnecessary long if you ask me. When I got to ride it in 2010 we had a 5 minute long walk before entering an hour and a half up to an hour and 3 quarters queue, and still the queue line was not fully used that day. If you ask me that line is designed for a 3 hour wait or something.

Doesn't that ride eat people? I guess there can still be that many. I've heard nothing but GREAT things about Europa Park - including their great capacity monster rides.

I guess I could say Medusa at SFDK for one specific reason - I have never ever seen the park use the switchbacks. Even when the line stretches out the entrance, they still don't use them. They should be used, but they're wasted.

Oh, believe me we used those switchbacks A LOT. The problem is that SFDK likes to run its rides with as little manpower as possible, so there isn't always someone available to open up the switchbacks. That, and the fact that Medusa isn't very popular with the better, more experienced ride ops, so it's usually run with new people who often lack experience, or just don't care.

I think the reason people here are able to point out so many rides that never use their full queues is that enthusiasts tend to go to parks on days that they know it's going to be dead, and consequently have this warped "I've never seen it, so it must not exist" perspective. I used to think a lot of rides had unnecessarily long lines, but after working at a park and being there on the busy days enthusiasts like to avoid, I've seen pretty much every ride with full queues. Hell, I've seen Road Runner Express with a forty minute wait.

While the walk to get to both Mr. Freeze and The Boss at SFStL are treks, neither is unnecessary. The Boss is 10 miles from the main path of the Britania section of the park, and the genius of using Thunder River's unused island for Freeze necessitates the bridge over TR's course to get to the coaster. I don't have ANY complaints about the distance to Mr. Freeze. It's a beautiful queue walk to the station. The Boss' queue is a bloody Yosemite hike, but again the ride is 10 miles from civilization so I get it. The lack of shortcut for Batman's queue at SFStL IS unnecessary and ridiculous. I've seen more kids line-jumping on that ride than any other coaster I've ever been on.

Dreamworld's Cyclone has a very long queue that spirals around the themed exit building. Fortunately the emergency exit stairs are usually open so you can just go up those instead.

I was about to say the same thing actually. Any idea why they decided the queue should be the outside? If used to be on the inside when it opened, all the theming (if you can even call it that) is still there. They just don't run the wind turbine in the middle now.

I don't know any official reason but would be interested to find out. The only thing I can think of is that the indoor area might have been getting too hot during summer, so they don't want people waiting in there. Just one more item on the giant list of things Dreamworld need to fix I guess...

Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion has a long queue and exit, it felt like walking a mile to get on and off that ride.

Yes, that queue and exit are a bit ridiculous. Seems to me that could easily shorten the exit by removing or cutting through a planter.

I don't know any official reason but would be interested to find out. The only thing I can think of is that the indoor area might have been getting too hot during summer, so they don't want people waiting in there. Just one more item on the giant list of things Dreamworld need to fix I guess...

I don't think Dreamworld has ever heard of fixing things. I though they used to air con it. It also used to have a shaking room if I remember correctly. (I was only 8 when it first opened)

I can't say I've ever seen Seaworld Orlando have a full queue line, max wait about 1hr and half at Christmas one time.

I know you can't shorten the queue as it snakes through the building but, it just seems never ending walking around these empty switchbacks and there's no shortcut around it all. Bleurgh.

Green Lantern at Great Adventure. Other than the first few months it was open, it rarely gets into the switchbacks at the start of the queue and they can't be bypassed so what happens is almost every time I go to the ride and choose not to climb over the switchbacks, I get cut in line by others who do climb over the switchbacks.

Also Kingda Ka's original queue. It supposedly could hold a 7 or 8 hour line. Now the current queue is too short. Last week it was overflowing into the Golden Kingdom.

I'd have to go with White Water Canyon at Kings Island...what is it about a 1/2 mile to get to the ride entrance out in the middle of the woods? Not that I didn't enjoy it, but it just seemed like quite the hike to get to the loading platform.