TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^ Themed to a flashlight....or lantern for Paul Revere's ride...you know, since you guys like to theme your areas.

Our imagination is running wild.

HW should just let us choose their next addition and its themeing. Scary thought however.....

...I sure hope our many years of transparency on this forum has earned us the a certain level of trust.

SERIOUSLY. I've followed Paula on this site and another competing forum for over 10 years. She has always been up front, honest and informative. This is just ONE of the small things that Holiday World does to set themselves apart from other parks!!!! I, for one, applaud Paula for her participation AND Holiday World for their fearlessness in sharing information. xoxo Paula

I visited HW in 2006 when Voyage was sparkling new and it blew me away!!!! It is, in my opinion, the best rollercoaster (wood or steel) ever imagined (circa 2006). It upsets me to hear how it has torn itself apart over a few short years. I will be returning this year and will get to see just how much it has (or hasn't) degraded since my initial rides. Hopefully, HW will be able to solidify a solution that will bring this amazing ride back to peak form and hod up for many years to come. Whatever happens.....It DOES NOT nee an inversion.

What Holiday World DOES need...... EASTER!

And what does Easter Land need??? A coaster with 2 or 3 loops that have pastel Easter Eggs inset in them, and lots of little bunny hills (ala Phoenix at Knoebels). And.... It could be called Bunny Hop.

-Mr. Bebe

600609741_EasterCoasterConcept.jpg.fffc4a2a69b72314756660da865b877b.jpg

Easter Land Coaster Concept

Nope, no new coasters for Holiday World.

Lately it's been water park expansion after water park expansion.

Next year will be a water coaster even longer than Mammoth named Humpback or something. (can't think of any land mammals bigger than a mammoth.)

It is time though for Holiday World to get a nice steel coaster.

I think a nice B&M about the size of Hydra would work nicely at Holiday World.

I visited HW in 2006 when Voyage was sparkling new and it blew me away!!!! It is, in my opinion, the best rollercoaster (wood or steel) ever imagined (circa 2006). It upsets me to hear how it has torn itself apart over a few short years. I will be returning this year and will get to see just how much it has (or hasn't) degraded since my initial rides.

Let me just say that I, too, rode voyage in 2006. June to be exact. My opinion of all other coasters was forever changed. I fell head over heals in love with it. Then for this reason or that I did not make it back until 2010. Uh-oh, what happened? Who took my amazingly smooth ride and replaced it with this demon that beat you to death? 2011 didn't seem to be any improvement, either, having to run 6-car trains so they had enough wheels. Then last year (2012) I went to HW for HoliWood Nights. After a ride on Raven and Legend, I headed back toward Voyage and got in line for my seat (back row, 7th car, left side). I braced myself for the roughness at the bottom of the first drop. Nothing. Butter smooth. Okay, well this can't last I thought. As the train entered the spaghetti bowl, I once again braced. Nothing. Oh my god! She's back! There were a few bumpy spots on the return trip but nothing major. I returned to the park for Happy Halloween Weekends in October and once again rode voyage. Still in pristine condition (Maybe BETTER than '06 even) except for a little jostle in the triple-down.

With all the track work they did this past winter, I think she'll be the best she's ever been. Big Kudos to Sean and the "Coaster Cats" at Holiday World for all their tireless work on the Voyage. PTCs, Timberliners, Millennium Flyers, I don't care, Voyage is performing at her best no matter how you ride!