TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

LOL $5 EXTRA for Season Pass or Membership holders, to only ride the coasters and probably even more limited food options than normal.  Wonder how they explain that one.

I guess you're right, but I tend to think those are BS too.  Not sure if this is the same thing, since these are occurring on days the park would normally be closed (Thursdays, 2 Fridays) or are closing stupidly early at 5PM (Fridays).  Rather than just add them as operating days to the calendar, giving the SP/Membership more value, they're choosing to run it as a "limited" event with an upcharge.

And I shouldn't be surprised, this the Six Flags that charges extra for Halloween walk-throughs.

It's cheap, that's for sure. They have days when they can't get enough staff to open. So, they decide to just use the coasters AND charge people to come. Brilliant, I guess. 

I'd still go. 

Magic Kingdom routinely closes stupid-early to do hard-ticket events. If you don't like that then okay... I get it, but in this case it's $5 and I just can't make myself worry about that (especially if the park is dead for this event which it probably will be).

Not gunna lie, $30 (since parking is free) and a limited # of people have basically 5 hours ERT on the coasters? 

I know this is funny from me of all but, seems good? I'll do it.

Like I can't find much to complain about (but its SF, I know it suddenly is cool to like them but eh I assume they have some way to make it bleh lol). Nor does the $5 seem like a big deal for pass holders. You already get all the normal benefits..... this new thing is happening and you can also partake for 1/6 the price of someone else. Again, seems pretty good to me?

Interesting that as of right now, you can currently purchase power hour tickets during May, but you can't make a general reservation during the same month.

the website for coaster power hrs says will have entertainment and food.    where can i find more details?  is sf bringing in like some good DJs or something like that?   maybe like pauly d from jersey shore?

• Haha 1

El Toro – a hybrid wood/steel coaster

No wonder that off-season maintenance took a little longer than expected!!

• Haha 1

Want to feel old? Today is Nitro's 20th Birthday. If I ruined your day... you're welcome.

Snapple Fact: It's also the 20th anniversary of the last time they painted it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Want to feel old? Today is Nitro's 20th Birthday. If I ruined your day... you're welcome.

It's also the vast, waterfall like rust staining under the logo at the front of the station for me. Classy!

Stopped by the park for a few hours today with my father to burn off the Bring-a-Friend I had with my Season Pass before it expired.  Not worth a full TR, but here are some notes:

-Reservations were checked by no one.
-Row skipping on coasters is a thing of the past; though my dad and I did get our own car on both Justice League and Dark Knight.
-Social distancing in queues was actually a thing!
-Season Flash Pass holders were directed to a booth separate from the main Flash Pass building to pick theirs up; it was located near the old entrance to Old Country across from Sky Screamer.  Not sure if this is the way it will be moving forward.
-Dark Knight with the roll-up doors on the sides of the building open completely ruins the point; it was pretty much daylight in there.
-El Toro was back to its normal awesome self after a disappointing ride last fall.  It must have been the cold.  It is now back up to my #4 woodie.
-It had been several years since I was able to get on Kingda Ka in the front.  I don't remember it being this good.  I still prefer Dragster for the restraints, overall smoothness, and "all-in-one-push" launch, but yeah the way it just goes "nope, let's go a little faster" twice during the launch sure is something.
-The park really doubled down on the "marijuana is prohibited signs."  There's like 5 in every smoking zone and a ton more around the park that weren't here last year.  Guess that's what happens when your Governor "legalizes it"....no one actually reads the bill to realize that it's not really allowed outside of your home.
-They have brought in a bunch of outside contracted security staff to manage the park entrance screening and queue lines.  Not sure if this is permanent or just due to most of their college-aged staff not yet free from school and able able to work.
-All in all, a decent visit.

• Like 1

Quick TR from my first visit to the park:

A friend and I made the drive up from DC to visit Great Adventure for the first time this Friday! It was overcast and in the 50s for most of the day, and some light rain in the early afternoon seemed to keep most of the crowds away. There were no lines for most of the day except from 1-4pm, but after the rain the park pretty much emptied out. The park was definitely understaffed, with all of the coasters operating with 3-4 ride ops - even then, Superman didn't open until around 5pm and the park never opened Bizarro due to staffing (per some of the park staff we talked to throughout the day). Definitely a bummer that we missed the Bizarro credit, but we had a great time otherwise!

El Toro absolutely blew my mind - I was really concerned that there was no way it could possibly live up to the hype, but it was running well and I was surprised how smooth it was. The ejector airtime was insane on a cold April day, and I cannot imagine how insane it is at the end of a hot summer day.

Overall, we had a great time and got super lucky to get a nearly empty park. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice on when to visit, and we'll be back this fall to ride Jersey Devil Coaster!

^I'm in the area for work for a few days and managed to sneak away for about 2 hours Sunday during the light on/off rain and I got 5 rides on El Toro without leaving my seat. When I first got there I didn't see them cycle for about 10 minutes and feared the worst but they were just waiting until they had enough people to fill cars 1 and 2 before dispatches so it wouldn't valley. The park was that dead. Left at about 2:00 PM and Toro had been running consistently all morning.

It was running smooth as glass albeit a little slow, but it tends to run slow if it's cold, has long dispatches, or if the train isn't full. It was only about 60 degrees. But slow El Toro is still amazing.

On 4/7/2021 at 5:11 PM, coasterbill said:

Wild aint it? I do indeed remember when it was opened, and being like 12 or 13 and new to the internet being able to follow its construction etc Was so mindblowing this 230 foot ride. I mean later that year went to CP lol but yeah damn 20 years.

Yeah I love the car!

1 hour ago, Lightnin Loops said:

When is it opening?

I dont think anyone has any idea. SF + covid dirsuptions...may be 2022 for all we know XD :(

Seems to be moving along.  Every indication so far is still 2021.  I think it'll be early June.

Why would they have just done all this work for it to open next year? What reasoning would there be? Humor me.

Off topic a bit but has anyone else noticed the park is suddenly, actively engaging with commenters on all the socials (the way parks like Hershey have been managing their socials for years)? Wild times. It really is pretty impressive how Six Flags keeps managing to step it up from every angle during this craziness while Cedar Fair parks are over here sending me emails like We'Ll bE OpeNing AgAIn In EiGhT yEar$!!! GeT ReAdy!!!!

• Like 3