TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm hoping this still opens in 2021, but it's hard for me not to notice a few of the other parks delaying their additions another year to 2022.  The fact construction is progressing so quickly gives me hope.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

I mean, I'm not sure why they'd be cracking away at construction if the plan was to push this back another year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Are any of the other SF parks currently erecting their new-for-2022 additions? (Legit question, I'm not paying attention to much besides this and Velocicoaster atm)

On 1/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, boldikus said:

I mean, I'm not sure why they'd be cracking away at construction if the plan was to push this back another year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Are any of the other SF parks currently erecting their new-for-2022 additions? (Legit question, I'm not paying attention to much besides this and Velocicoaster atm)

I've heard SFOT is pushing back Aquaman to 2022 to add a turntable, so I suppose that counts.

That's not what I am asking though - are there any other SF parks that are in full-blown construction mode at the moment for a 2020-but-now-2022 addition? Are they actively working on Aquaman right now?

Related: Jersey Devil was topped off.

Video from FB: https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsgreatadventure/videos/955580508303294/

image.thumb.png.f1aa72f0546ec207ac331556cebc2576.png

image.thumb.png.6a029613a983d8066efc5d6f4cf16531.png

image.thumb.png.002c9e663940b26d4d25bfecce748f3f.png

Update: the park just shared these on FB:

image.thumb.png.c196f805e80a5c95cb9f84467086910a.png

image.thumb.png.98eb94c47afd3808d6cf2e13726722d2.png

• Like 3

This was always a park that lived in my dreams, and to think I might be able to go this year AND get to ride this devil... It looks great. I can't wait. Happy topping off!

Yesssss, dang I do hope this opens in 2021 and I know its Six Flags....heck Im one of their biggest bashers, but I do have confidence. I mean yeah why even bother if they kinda knew it'd likely not happen till 2022. Good thing too, that looks just phenomenal! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, JJLehto said:

Yesssss, dang I do hope this opens in 2021 and I know its Six Flags....heck Im one of their biggest bashers, but I do have confidence. I mean yeah why even bother if they kinda knew it'd likely not happen till 2022. Good thing too, that looks just phenomenal! 

They said “opening in 2021” on the last construction video, so that’s encouraging! 

I was so shocked by the videos of the original raptors, I can’t imagine what this will be like. The single row trains alone are intimidating, you have to face that drop all by yourself 😳

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 10:04 PM, CP_RULES said:

They said “opening in 2021” on the last construction video, so that’s encouraging! 

I was so shocked by the videos of the original raptors, I can’t imagine what this will be like. The single row trains alone are intimidating, you have to face that drop all by yourself 😳

I rode Railblazer and yes its odd, intimidating, and the ride is absolutely f-ing bonkers. That drop back row....words cant even. I have no idea if bigger will = better but I am damn excited! And all seriousness I haven't gone here in prob 7 or 8 years now...would be nice to go back to my home park while Im back in the NE. 
And yes, 2021 could be October lol BUT that is indeed encouraging news! 

I echo what @JJLehto said; Railblazer was an excellent ride. Riding in that back seat was like sitting on a bucking bull, even beyond the first drop. Excited to see how this larger layout / train turns out!

• Like 1

They're taking this to a little bit of an extreme.  I may be a little removed from my time working at parks (last in 2003), but at that age you couldn't pay me enough to work Christmas.

42 minutes ago, boldikus said:

OMG its clearly a typo. Just like the 6pm closings all summer. Calm down.

I dunno, they are showing closed on Thanksgiving and the following Friday....

Which is weird, because they're always open on Black Friday. Edit: actually the calendar says they're open on Thanksgiving, and the day after. There is no f*cking way they are going to be open for Thanksgiving and Christmas days. This is 110% a typo/coding error.

image.thumb.png.d33fa317d5db006f69f6e709d8bfd797.png

I feel like this happens every year. Wasn't it last year people didn't think they were doing HITP anymore because it wasn't on the calendar when released? And then a few weeks later it magically appeared? Anyways, if this actually does happen, I'll happily eat my words and assist Bill in getting his buzz on. Wouldn't be the first time.

2 hours ago, boldikus said:

There is no f*cking way they are going to be open for Thanksgiving

Let’s bet 3 more and make it a six pack... 

excited schitts creek GIF by CBC

Also I’m totally prepared to be wrong but I feel like they’re crazy enough to roll with this. I don’t think it’s a typo. I think at worst it’s a crazy idea that they might re-think later.