TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Enjoyed the video! This is a park that for years, a construction update was basically ten minutes of unedited video showing someone drill a screw into some metal, if you even got an update at all. I appreciate the effort they're putting into making the updates digestible and entertaining. I like the "over the fence" construction peak nod, too, lol. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 10:54 AM, Zack44 said:

At the rate construction is going, if the park opens in late March, hopefully the new ride will be ready on opening day for the first time in forever.

Even if the ride was fully built and tested by late March, the park would most likely delay the opening until after Memorial Day.  That's how Six Flags seems to handle every ride opening.  The one I distinctly remember them rushing in recent years was Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas just to beat Railblazer so it could claim the title as the first single rail coaster.

That's a great video. Kudos to the park for putting in some effort to update us on the construction!

Come to think of it, I think Jersey Devil will be a bit of a "sleeper hit" this year. All of the attention will be on VelociCoaster, Pantheon, and Iron Gwazi (rightfully so), but just like in 2018 with WW and RB, this coaster could turn out batsh*t insane and get overshadowed by those bigger rides opening in the same year. I can't wait for this ride to come to SFMM.

8 hours ago, tanthonyam said:

Is this the same model that SFMM may be getting? Or a different layout?

I think the MM version has the station in a different spot.  Otherwise, same.

Looks like Jersey Devil will get topped off today.  Nice!

I have a hard time getting excited about new Six Flags coasters because I just assume it'll be 137 years before they actually open. Even when we went to Holiday in the Park this year I made zero walks back there to check it out because I felt like there was no point in getting excited about it but I'm sort of starting to feel the hype here.

I mean, I'm not sure why they'd be cracking away at construction if the plan was to push this back another year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Are any of the other SF parks currently erecting their new-for-2022 additions? (Legit question, I'm not paying attention to much besides this and Velocicoaster atm)

On 1/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, boldikus said:

I mean, I'm not sure why they'd be cracking away at construction if the plan was to push this back another year. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Are any of the other SF parks currently erecting their new-for-2022 additions? (Legit question, I'm not paying attention to much besides this and Velocicoaster atm)

I've heard SFOT is pushing back Aquaman to 2022 to add a turntable, so I suppose that counts.

That's not what I am asking though - are there any other SF parks that are in full-blown construction mode at the moment for a 2020-but-now-2022 addition? Are they actively working on Aquaman right now?

Related: Jersey Devil was topped off.

Video from FB: https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsgreatadventure/videos/955580508303294/

image.thumb.png.f1aa72f0546ec207ac331556cebc2576.png

image.thumb.png.6a029613a983d8066efc5d6f4cf16531.png

image.thumb.png.002c9e663940b26d4d25bfecce748f3f.png

Update: the park just shared these on FB:

image.thumb.png.c196f805e80a5c95cb9f84467086910a.png

image.thumb.png.98eb94c47afd3808d6cf2e13726722d2.png

• Like 3

Yesssss, dang I do hope this opens in 2021 and I know its Six Flags....heck Im one of their biggest bashers, but I do have confidence. I mean yeah why even bother if they kinda knew it'd likely not happen till 2022. Good thing too, that looks just phenomenal! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, JJLehto said:

Yesssss, dang I do hope this opens in 2021 and I know its Six Flags....heck Im one of their biggest bashers, but I do have confidence. I mean yeah why even bother if they kinda knew it'd likely not happen till 2022. Good thing too, that looks just phenomenal! 

They said “opening in 2021” on the last construction video, so that’s encouraging! 

I was so shocked by the videos of the original raptors, I can’t imagine what this will be like. The single row trains alone are intimidating, you have to face that drop all by yourself 😳

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 10:04 PM, CP_RULES said:

They said “opening in 2021” on the last construction video, so that’s encouraging! 

I was so shocked by the videos of the original raptors, I can’t imagine what this will be like. The single row trains alone are intimidating, you have to face that drop all by yourself 😳

I rode Railblazer and yes its odd, intimidating, and the ride is absolutely f-ing bonkers. That drop back row....words cant even. I have no idea if bigger will = better but I am damn excited! And all seriousness I haven't gone here in prob 7 or 8 years now...would be nice to go back to my home park while Im back in the NE. 
And yes, 2021 could be October lol BUT that is indeed encouraging news!