TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

ūüėĄ¬†Yeah, a lot of coasterboys don't understand the importance of having attractions for all different kinds of people.

Hopefully Six Flags learned from how Cedar Fair did it. Dinos could be their McRib.

• Like 2

^ they had it set up a while back (March timeframe) in the parking lot of SFFT, and it really appeared pretty popular

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

Great Adventure‚Äôs Dino Drive-Thru/walkthrough is shaping up to be better than a lot of the other parks. Same Dino‚Äôs but will be more of a ‚Äúsafari/Jurassic park‚ÄĚ type of feel.. not in the parking lot like Fiesta Texas¬†

Might get overshadowed by Jersey Devil though.. will likely open very soon (if not same time) as Dino’s 

Question - is preferred parking actually worth it here?  I made a reservation for it online but got the classic gibberish confirmation email that doesn't have an actual voucher...

image.thumb.png.855405dd23ce86887e4f4638153e250c.png

Depends what time you get there.  If you're there right around opening, you'll be able to park close enough that it's not worth it.  If you're coming at 3-4 in the afternoon, yeah you'd want it.

• Like 1

I have a Diamond Elite membership and this is my home park. I've never once bothered. Many times the line for it is so long that I wouldn't want to park there even if I could. Even if that's not the case, it's so unnecessary.

• Like 1

Cool, good to know, guys.  I'll be a first time visitor; any other basic tips I should be aware of before going?  Keep in mind that this would be advice for someone who completely missed the Flash Pass entrance for Iron Rattler and made it all the way up the crowded ramps before realizing his mistake... so anything and everything is helpful.

Thanks in advance.  

- Like any other big SF park, if you're going on a weekend or really nice day that would make it busy, allow enough time to enter the park. Fortunately the new touchless security process is a massive improvement over the previous lines.

- If you see Kingda Ka operating and want to ride it, make it a priority and head straight there, as it can (and will) break down and may not reopen when it does.

- The Golden Kingdom is tricky to find for first-time visitors: the entrance is to the right of Twister (the top spin)

- Kingda Ka's queue entrance can also be tricky, it's to the right and behind of its locker area.

- When planning out your day, your best/signature attractions are on opposite ends of the park (Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro/El Toro/Bizarro to the north, Nitro/Batman/WW/soon Jersey Devil to the south). While I don't mind the walk, some might find it exhausting; if open, the Skyway is your best friend to get from one side to the other as well as for photo ops.

- Do be sure to stop by the lagoon near the log flume to take in that famous view of El Toro with Kingda Ka towering above it. It is truly one of the best photo vantage points one will find at any amusement park.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Cool, good to know, guys.  I'll be a first time visitor; any other basic tips I should be aware of before going?  Keep in mind that this would be advice for someone who completely missed the Flash Pass entrance for Iron Rattler and made it all the way up the crowded ramps before realizing his mistake... so anything and everything is helpful.

Thanks in advance.  

Will you have Flash Pass or are you just using DE vouchers?

43 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Thanks in advance.  

Really just one thing: Get the all day locker rental. You have to have a locker for El Toro and Kingda Ka (they have people standing in front of the queue turning away anyone with anything in their pockets). You didn't come all this way not to ride two badass Intamins, so do yourself a favour and just go for the all day option. When I went it was $8 (no idea if that's changed) and you can transfer between like a dozen different locker locations throughout the park. And they're big. Big enough to put my stuff and Coasterbill's and his girlfriend's stuff all in the same one. Oh, and you can totally have your phone with you if you've got a zipper pocket on everything but KK and Toro.

• Like 2

Awesome, that's good to know about the park's layout and the lockers.  Much appreciated.

I'm thinking Flash Pass during Friday's regular hours won't be needed, since I'll have 4 skip the line passes plus 10 hours worth of Power Hours on Thursday and Friday.  Since it's my first visit, I was thinking of spending the regular hours on Friday casually exploring and getting to know the park a bit rather than riding as much as possible.  

Sounds good, just ride Kingda Ka immediately if you see it running. Otherwise yeah, there's no need for much strategy with two power hour events.

If you want to ride Wonder Woman, rope drop it. Don't even bother with a skip-the-line pass, you'll still wait an hour. Also, pick up your line skips early as that line can become infuriatingly long.

21 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Also, pick up your line skips early as that line can become infuriatingly long.

Can you get those at Membership Services, or do you have to go to the Flash Pass Center?

This is how Great Adventure staff decides each morning where they should make people go to pick up their skip the line passes each day.

wheel GIF

We've had DE passes for a year now, in that time they've sent us

- To the left side of the Flash pass Building

- In the front door of the Flash pass building

- To the right side of the Flash Pass building

- To the stand next to Sky Screamer

- To the stand where the mirror maze is

- To a pop-up stand next to Santa's House

- To a giant building in the grove nowhere near anything behind the theater that they never use

The last two times they've sent us to the Flash pass building which means it's due for a change. I think the abandoned photo booth near Bizarro would be a fun way to spice things up next.

• Haha 3

The Dippin Dots guy told me that skip the line passes will be handed out at Switlik Mansion this weekend. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Can confirm two things recently posted in this thread: 

1. Park has received clearance from the state to operate Kingda Ka and Zuminajro at the same time after some modifications to both attractions. Unclear when this will actually start but could be as early as this weekend.

2. Park is still targeting opening Jersey Devil within the next two weeks, hopefully by Memorial Day Weekend. 

5 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

They should probably put the other two trains on the track and test it first... lol

Note the one train already with water dummies. :) 

It’s a crazy ambitious time frame for sure, but don’t be surprised if you see trains running the course next week. That’s the plan at least. 

10 minutes ago, AngusW said:

Note the one train already with water dummies. :) 

It’s a crazy ambitious time frame for sure, but don’t be surprised if you see trains running the course next week. That’s the plan at least. 

Doesn't seem that crazy. The other raptor just started testing this week and will be open by Memorial Day.

• Like 1