TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Six Flags generally still have all of theirs, even the parks with double flumes like St. Louis amd Great America. There's a kot to criticize them for, sure, but removing log flumes is not among their crimes.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Hydro%20Flume.htm

Oh yeah, they're getting criticized for that one.

They may have had good reasons (though, being SF, 50/50 odds at best...) but I still regret never getting on that.

Six Flags generally still have all of theirs, even the parks with double flumes like St. Louis amd Great America. There's a kot to criticize them for, sure, but removing log flumes is not among their crimes.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Hydro%20Flume.htm

Oh yeah, they're getting criticized for that one.

They may have had good reasons (though, being SF, 50/50 odds at best...) but I still regret never getting on that.

Eh, you didn't miss much. I always enjoyed Sawmill more, and still like it, in spite of its horrific grouping policy.

I don't know, removing that one at SFNE for that horrific joke of a raft ride is pretty unforgivable.

Six Flags generally still have all of theirs, even the parks with double flumes like St. Louis and Great America. There's a lot to criticize them for, sure, but removing log flumes is not among their crimes.

I don't know, removing that one at SFNE for that horrific joke of a raft ride is pretty unforgivable.

I don't really know much about SFNE, or frankly, much about any parks outside the Midwest. Around here, Valleyfair and Cedar Point have removed their log flumes, but all the Midwest Six Flags still have theirs.

At least Joker is a redemption.

I just got to Wildwood. Was supposed to be Surfsides opening day but they already announced it won't open at all and Mariners is opening at 5, weather permitting. Supposed to be nice tomorrow so hopefully they both open cause I'm only trying to ride Atmosfear and IT. Off to the bar right now tho...

Six Flags generally still have all of theirs, even the parks with double flumes like St. Louis and Great America. There's a lot to criticize them for, sure, but removing log flumes is not among their crimes.

Magic Mountain disagrees.

Every park should have 7, maybe 8 distinct log rides.

Was at the park yesterday. Nothing special to report; just wanted to pop in to say that Nitro was running like a beast. Strong, sustained floater over every hill, and I greyed out in the helix for the first time in a long time. Don't know if the park is giving it some extra TLC, or if it was just due to heat but it was giving fantastic rides.

Was at the park yesterday. Nothing special to report; just wanted to pop in to say that Nitro was running like a beast. Strong, sustained floater over every hill, and I greyed out in the helix for the first time in a long time. Don't know if the park is giving it some extra TLC, or if it was just due to heat but it was giving fantastic rides.

Yesterday was a typical Six Flags day, so good mixed with the bad. Numerous rides were down and up multiple times within 4 hours. We did ride Nitro (as said), Bizarro, Batman and Joker and each was running fantastically.

These pictures were posted on the Great Adventure History forums a couple days ago.

jl0519.thumb.jpg.34c8bb45bdb16be340a3cabe82544029.jpg

jl05192.thumb.jpg.f43d050dd43278c2ea1eacfc0a355857.jpg

jl05193.thumb.jpg.276820b6f76f17e379a53645559f8c38.jpg

They are also speculating over there that this will likely not open until after Memorial Day weekend and barring any surprise opening announcement in the next few days, I am going to have to agree with them. I am assuming the majority of work on the inside is done, but they have a week to get it up and running and I don't see that happening.

You know what else? I know this is unlikely but it would be pretty freaking cool if they painted some sort of cityscape/skyline on the back of the Dark Knight that is overlooking Justice League.

You know what else? I know this is unlikely but it would be pretty freaking cool if they painted some sort of cityscape/skyline on the back of the Dark Knight that is overlooking Justice League.

It's interesting you say that, because they originally intended to include skyscrapers into the design of the building facade, but they were never installed:

Maybe 3 JL in one season was too tall an order. SFMM is even further behind, they haven't even started the facade yet.

SFMM will be lucky if theirs opens by July 4th. Maybe this will be SF's lesson to start construction earlier for new rides!

Maybe this will be SF's lesson to start construction earlier for new rides!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe 3 JL in one season was too tall an order. SFMM is even further behind, they haven't even started the facade yet.

SFMM will be lucky if theirs opens by July 4th. Maybe this will be SF's lesson to start construction earlier for new rides!

Yeah for sure. This'll definitely teach Six Flags a lesson. I'm sure they'll have 2018's new additions up and running during HITP later this year after this debacle.