TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I like the topics mentioned over the past two pages. It seems to me that many of the sun shades that are originally installed get removed.

-A high quality enclosed restaurant. Well, high quality by six flags standards. Again, an all-year area. in the summer, A/C, in the winter, fire places.Top it off by placing an adults retreat on the second floor overlooking the area. Im thinking ski-lodge type place. Half indoor, half outdoor. Bar, couches, fire-pits for winter, misters for summer. It amazes me every time I go skiing that the lodges are packed with people who drove hours just to drink and lounge.

I'm thinking the second floor would have an outdoor area like this, but overlooking the plaza rather than the mountains.

Summer:

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/dd/e3/14/rooftop-bar-one-hotel.jpg

Winter:

http://remodelingguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/img3.jpg

Out of the box thinking, it might work. I know for years John Fitzgerald was trying to find a magic bullet to keep people in the park longer. I wonder if something like this was every considered.

The park has a dark ride coming in a matter of weeks not to mention two indoor coasters, and a(n indoor) Vekoma madhouse. I think we're good on indoor rides for the time being.

I still think to fully capitalize bad weather days and Holiday in the Park Event (and possibly become year-round down the road) the park needs a little more to do indoors. It doesn't necessarily have to be rides, but I think you need the 4D theater back (or even convert it to show multiple movies), one more indoor ride and a decent show.

The park has a dark ride coming in a matter of weeks not to mention two indoor coasters, and a(n indoor) Vekoma madhouse. I think we're good on indoor rides for the time being. And we have two water rides that are incredibly popular on warm/hot days so I'd say we're good there too (I know Bill will disagree with this since we all know there is no such thing as too many flumes). But yeah no. We already had a second flume, and Movietown Water Effect. They got rid of them.

If I had to predict, I think more Hurricane Harbor additions are coming next since it seems people are always bitching about how packed it is so we could certainly use some high capacity slides. Or maybe a water coaster? Either way I would not be surprised in the slightest if 2018 was a waterpark year.

The dry park just seems like its pretty well rounded right now. Great well-rounded coaster lineup, good collection of crappy-to-awesome flats, a new dark ride coming, SORA.

Not to say I don't think a further expansion of Movietown into the remainder of the former Old Country area in the future now with Justice League where its at, but I'm not sure we'll see it right away. If when they do expand they don't put one of these in

thumb_img_6147_2.jpg

I'll walk my fat A$$ up to Jackson and flip the entire dang park into the lake with my bare hands.

I think a Giant Discovery would be a fantastic addition to replace the old Bumper Cars across from JL! And the Wonder Woman theme is always welcome!

I still think to fully capitalize bad weather days and Holiday in the Park Event (and possibly become year-round down the road) the park needs a little more to do indoors. It doesn't necessarily have to be rides, but I think you need the 4D theater back (or even convert it to show multiple movies), one more indoor ride and a decent show.

Definitely a fair point, and agreed they certainly need more indoor attractions specifically for HITP, but I maintain we're a few years off before the park pulls the trigger on another full blown dark/indoor ride. Shows, however, they need to step up their game on. I haven't seen any of the HITP shows @ Showcase Theater either of the last two years, because to be honest none of them were very buzzed about imo. I wonder if they've considered doing something for HITP w/ the 4D theater. They use it for a FF trail, don't they?

My favorite idea I saw someone mention here or elsewhere? A big indoor beer hall ala Festhaus. It could be maybe half indoor/half outdoor so its seasonal. The park could have its own little Beer Fest during the fall, and then have it open during HITP as well.I have a tough time imagining SF really pull something like that off, but Philly, NY and the surrounding areas all have deep craft beer scenes at this point so I think it would be a huge success if done well.

Def think HH is gonna get something next year, they need something new there.

I'd take a new HH ride and a flat ride in the main park next year and then in 2019 or 2020 we get a big new coaster.

A water coaster would be awesome but that might be too big for them so maybe a new tower with a few drop slides.

Breaking.

sfgd-joker-1500x350_2.thumb.jpg.e4b6c57d3806b340d36bbb2f043e62de.jpg

Season Pass Holder Celebration Days

Season Pass Celebration Weekend!

Join us for a weekend of celebration, where we celebrate you! Don't miss Exclusive Ride Time to preview JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, special discounts on food, games and merchandise and a party atmosphere like you've never seen before!

June 15

Join us in Metropolis for a Season Pass party with an exclusive entrance, street entertainment, food sampling and exclusive ride time on the all-new JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis from 3 to 8 p.m. Want to bring a friend for the fun? Those without a Season Pass can purchase an official JUSTICE LEAGUE t-shirt to gain entrance to this VIP party! Guest must have valid theme park admission.

June 16

The party continues! If you can't make it on the 15th, fear not, the events continue on the 16th. Season Pass holders and those who purchase the exclusive t-shirt will have the day to preview JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, plus receive discounts on merchandise and food and enjoy the streetmosphere of Metropolis!

Season Pass Holder Special Discounts for the 15th and 16th!

25% Off your purchase at the new Metro Grill!! Present your Season Pass and receive 25% off your entire purchase. Excludes the purchase of 2017 All Season and All Day Drink Bottle. *

$5 per person for you and your friend to Play 3 Point Challenge. Present your season pass at 3 Point Challenge, located in the Boardwalk and play for only $5. *

$1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player. *

$5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements. *

$5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 each for two, one time drivers. Must meet all safety requirements.

Win 1 Take 2 at the Lights Up Race Game. Present your season pass when you play the Lights Up Race Game, located in the boardwalk, and if you are the winner, you will take home 2 prizes from Lights Up. *

Free upgrade to Lots of Layers Dippin Dot with purchase of regular Dippin Dots. Present your Season Pass when purchasing a regular Dippin Dots and receive free upgrade to Lots of Layers Dippin Dots. Offer not valid when using a Dining Plan Snack. *

$5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5.00 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *

15% Off your retail purchase with no minimum purchase required. Present your Season Pass and receive 15% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase of the day. Offer valid at participating locations.*

Buy 3 pieces of fudge and get 3 pieces free!! Present your Season Pass when purchasing 3 pieces of fudge and receive 3 pieces free. Offer valid at Sweet Treats Candy Shop. *

Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass and receipt to receive access to the FLASH PASS entrance on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis ride for the day. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase, must show receipt when entering the line.

June 17

Just in case you missed Thursday and Friday, Season Pass holders will receive exclusive Early Ride Time on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, BATMAN: The Ride and THE DARK KNIGHT coaster from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.

Exclusive offers for Season Pass holders:

$5 per person for you and your friend to Play 3 Point Challenge. Present your season pass at 3 Point Challenge, located in the Boardwalk and play for only $5. *

$1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player.*

$5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements.*

$5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 for one, one time driver. Must meet all safety requirements

Win 1 Take 2 at the Lights Up Race Game. Present your season pass when you play the Lights Up Race Game, located in the boardwalk, and if you are the winner, you will take home 2 prizes from Lights Up. *

$5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *

15% Off your retail purchase with no minimum purchase required. Present your Season Pass and receive 15% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase of the day. Offer valid at participating locations.*

Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass and receive a ticket to access to the FLASH PASS entrance for one ride on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase must show receipt with ticket.

June 18

This Father's Day, Season Pass Holders receive exclusive Early Ride Time from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, BATMAN: The Ride and THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster.

If you have not already used your Bring a Friend Free coupon, bring a guest for free with you to enjoy the park!

Satisfy your sweet tooth with a Season Pass Sundae Funday at Maple Pavilion from 2 to 6 p.m. Present your Season Pass at the Maple Pavilion located in the Catering Picnic Grove and receive a special offer. Create your own one-of-a-kind Sundae: choose from three flavors of ice cream and a large assortment of toppings!!

Pricing:

Season Dining Plan members can use your snack voucher

$4.00 with Season Pass

$4.00 for your guest. Guest will be able to enter the Sundae Zone one time with purchase.

Exclusive offers for Season Pass holders:

$1 per person for you and your friend to Play the Movietown Top Glo Race Game. Present your season pass at the Movietown Top Glo Race Game, located next to Studio 28 Arcade and race for only $1 per player. *

$5 per person for you and your friend to Ride the Sling Shot! Present your season pass at the extreme booth, located in the Boardwalk, and pay only $5 per flyer on the Sling Shot! Must meet all safety requirements. *

$5 per person for you and your friend to drive on Great American Road Race. Present your season pass at the Extreme Booth, located in the boardwalk and pay only $5 for one, one time driver. Must meet all safety requirements.

$5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Present your Season Pass at My Six Flags Photo and receive $5 off the purchase of an All Season Picture Pass. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day. *

25% Off your first purchase of $10 or more at participating retail locations. Present your Season Pass and spend a minimum of $10 at any participating retail store ($tax excluded) and receive 25% off your entire purchase. Discount will be applied to the first qualifying purchase made that day.*

Purchase and wear the official JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis t-shirt and show your season pass to receive a ticket to access to the FLASH PASS entrance for one ride on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. Offer only valid on day of initial purchase must show receipt with ticket.

*Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotional offer.

I'd actually jump on that Mike since I don't want to wait in a long queue to ride this but I'll be in Wildwood next weekend getting my first New Nor'easter rides in since I can't go down there this weekend or the 24th/25th. I'll probably just wait til HITP to ride it when its freezing and no one is there.

Why does it feel like everytime summer rolls around there are not enough weekends to get everything in??

Why does it feel like everytime summer rolls around there are not enough weekends to get everything in??

Couldn't agree more!!

Now, yes -- but once July is here you're better off taking off a month. Max. crowds and heat.

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a locker?

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a locke.r?

When I was there they were specific about phones and keys but yes, anything and everything must go in a locke.r.

Couldn't agree more!!

Now, yes -- but once July is here you're better off taking off a month. Max. crowds and heat.

I'll spend most of July and August weekends in Wildwood. Have to be near the ocean in summer east coast temps. I only have one more (potential) big park trip planned for later this month and flash pass will be the order of the day. Then its Moreys til September at least.

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a locker @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Gotcha, I guess I was wondering if I could leave my wallet in my pocket, just in case I buy more time or run out of time.

Long drive, have a great time and be sure to post about it!

We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Yes glasses are allowed in the lines of all rides, and there are special boxes marked "glasses" next to the souvenier drink holders (which are also allowed in line).

It would be ridiculous if six flags banned people from wearing their glasses!

When I was there 2 weeks ago, people in Ka were being kicked out of line if they had a phone.

So you can sneak in an item, but if you bring it out of your pocket, goodbye.

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Gotcha, I guess I was wondering if I could leave my wallet in my pocket, just in case I buy more time or run out of time.

If I recall correctly they only ever asked us about phones and keys. Seems they are focused on heavier items that might cause more damage/injury if they hit someone. I did put my wallet in the locker but I think you could probably get away with riding with it, as we did w/ sunglasses.

They never asked "are your pockets empty?" - just "do you have any keys or phones in your pockets?" or "keys and phones have to go in a locker!" Also, we were only ever asked. No one frisked us (as has been reported by other members here) and no one asked us to turn around/felt up our pockets/etc so I think if you just told them you didn't have anything and didn't pull your phone/keys/etc out while in line or on the ride you're fine. But again, the lockers are really nbd. $1 for two hours, we had no issues with it at all.

As much as I hate all this lkr. stupidity, for $1 for two hours, when I go to GAdv in a month, I think I'm just going to toss my phone and keys in there for a couple hours, marathon El Toro to my heart's content, and not give it a second thought! Honestly, that coaster is so wild anyway, the policy is probably doing my phone (and keys) a favor!

I agree its doing everyone a favor by not causing them to lose their keys or have their phone destroyed. I personally have had sunglasses literally shattered into a million pieces in my pocket on Toro in the past, have had other friends have their glasses and phones destroyed - as I've said here before, one friend had his brand new iPhone bent by the lapbar. Another's phone was not smashed, but just bricked after a ride on Toro, just dead. Not to mention the risk of injury from flying phones.

While I was originally a little perturbed about the policy (this is why we can't have nice things!! boo!) I've come around to it. I certainly don't want to get hit by someones phone and I'm more likely to have that happen always sitting in the rear. The silver lining is - as long as you're not alone of course - that you're forced to actually converse and socialize with your pals while waiting.

The only downside is paying to store your stuff but at $1 for two hours no one has any right to complain about it. If you're at a theme park and don't have $1 to spare I just don't know what to say.

The biggest issue with the fluffies is:

1) There is one payment kiosk for 200 fluffies. It is a bottleneck.

2) You have to do it for every ride.

I would be much happier to use the fluffies if I didnt have to go through the payment process 5 times.

Hell, it doesnt even make sense for Six Flags. They're spending credit card transaction fees 6 times instead of once.

Let me pay $5 once for an all day fluffy pass and then have a second express kisok where I can get a specific fluffy for every ride I go by.

Additionally, there is an option for "all day fluffy" within the kiosk but it is confusing so I doubt anyone uses it.

I had no issues paying for an all day fluffy . . . . I figure, why go through the process a few more times a day?

It certainly makes the dispatch process seem smoother (with people not scrambling to put stuff in bins)