TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Next year I'm expecting a 4-D coaster (similar to batman at SFFT) or an RMC. I don't want a wingrider though. those are gimmicky. The only way I'd want any sort if wing coaster would be if it was made by Intamin.

IMO a wing coaster is not as gimmicky as a 4-D coaster. Also, can you say Intamin fanboy

Although I am not happy about this addition, and refuse to label it as a roller coaster, I truly hope that they are planning on spending a serious amount of money this upcoming season on upgrading infrastructure and beautifying the park. That, plus the addition of something substantial next season will allow me to forgive them for this mediocre at best addition.

Do we have any idea exactly where the ride is going?

The Golden Kingdom. Next to the entrance of Zumanjaro.

This counts as a coaster??? it looks like an oversized Ring of Fire you see at carnivals and county fairs. And Six Flags is getting four of these? I can understand Six Flags America getting one of these, but SF Great Adventure? One of Six Flags crown jewel parks? I guess Six Flags needs to balance out the awesome rides some parks are getting next year. Great Adventure didn't really need to add anything though - look at all they have!

I told ya man, I'm glad you had a great experience, like I did at SF:MM but trust the yearly goer...park sucks.

I really am a bit miffed this is the sorry excuse for a new ride we are getting, but can't even be surprised.

Also, I had a horrific thought: What would the waits be like for this?? Unless it just does like 2 or 3 loops..oi

I think most people will walk right past it and go straight for El Toro, Kingda Ka, or Zumanjaro. Sorry you aren't getting anything noteworthy next year? 2016 I guess.

I've only been to Great Adventure once in my life, but I find this addition incredibly bizarre. As others have said, I can understand SFA getting one of these, but this seems like an awfully tacky investment for a park of GAdv's caliber.

Are these Larson rides permanent installations, or do they still have that modular, carnival look?

Marketing this as a coaster is a bit ridiculous, but hey, if it brings more people into the park, that's good for everyone involved. And when you judge this as a flat ride, which it is, i guess it isn't so bad... haha

Here's Brain Drain at Elitch Gardens.

It doesn't really look as "portable" as the carnival Rings of Fire and Fire Balls but Elitch Gardens kind of just plopped it down there...

Looping Dragon looks like it will be a bit more integrated into its surrounding environment than Brain Drain.

Although I am not happy about this addition, and refuse to label it as a roller coaster, I truly hope that they are planning on spending a serious amount of money this upcoming season on upgrading infrastructure and beautifying the park. That, plus the addition of something substantial next season will allow me to forgive them for this mediocre at best addition.

Do we have any idea exactly where the ride is going?

The Golden Kingdom. Next to the entrance of Zumanjaro.

I was told by management the ride is going where Rolling Thunder's last turn into the brake run used to be. I'm pretty sure the work being done by Zumanjaro's entrance is just pipe work.

So I just got off Nitro on the C train. It must be fixed since it's very smooth. Not glass smooth but a much smoother ride than the A train. Either it was fixed or just had a good day

When I went to the park last week I rode the C train as well and I noticed the same thing. It was a lot smoother than the last time that I rode in it.

So I went to the park last night and it was surprisingly not too crowded for a Friday night. My brother and I got on just about everything except Ka because it was about an hour wait (not worth it). Lines weren't too long other than that. The Nitro crew was working their butts off. I was surprised to see the Toro crew being sluggish. That may also be because of the five or so trains where people had to take the walk of shame. The Bizarro crew.... was the Bizarro crew. Double stacking every run and that didn't help the half hour wait. Either way it was a fun trip and I had to laugh because Sky Screamer lights on the tower were close to burning out.

Nitro- It's impossible not to love this ride. The line was short and Train C must've been fixed. It was the another I've ridden it all year. 8/10

Zumanjaro- We got on just after it broke down so it was about 15 minutes. Riding this when it's dark is a whole new experience. It's much better than in the daytime. 7/10

Toro- Does this really need an evaluation? 10/10

Bizarro- Two surprises on this ride. First, it actually had a wait. I'm glad it's getting the popularity it deserves. Second, the mist by the corkscrews was working. It's the first I'd seen it work this year. Smooth ride, best looping coaster in the park imo. 8/10

Superman was closed and Green Lantern is a turd so we went to Batman.

Batman- My favorite invert. Better than Raptor and Alpengeist. Montu is pretty close though. This ride totally kicked a$$. It was so smooth and forceful. My brother said it was rough, so he obviously can't handle intense rides. What made it even better was that it was a walk on. I love this ride. 7/10

Overall, the trip was very fun and I can't wait to go again before school starts. Also, there's a petition trying to stop the addition of Looping Dragon.

https://www.change.org/p/six-flags-great-adventure-don-t-give-us-looping-dragon

I think this is getting a little out of hand

I mean, 22 signatures isn't going to make any change, I don't even think 22 thousand would. Although it's not like it's unreasonable to ask for better maintenance and upkeep around the park. Then again, while I've never been to the park, isn't it one of the better looking Six Flags parks?

Anyone really disappointed that it wasn't named Flaming Dragon? (Cf. Tropic Thunder)

I wish I could link the video of this scene. It's way too NSFW, though.

Also yes, that would have been amazing. Tom Cruise raining down ungodly firestorm on Six Flags. How's that for a pan-Pacific powerplay?