TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I don't mind being called a SFGAdv fanboy but I'm NOT and never will be from Jersey LOL. (Philadelphians take great offense to that haha)

I apologize, you are TOTALLY right! (Jersey is America's armpit!)

Unfortunately, you are correct about that, and I'm Jersey born and raised.

I think all the Jersey SFGAd fanboys should fight the SFMM fanboys as obviously SFMM continues to be (for some reason) the 'roller coaster favorite' of the chain.

SFGAd is a MUCH better all around park and you should still feel really proud of what you have but I can understand being upset over this announcement.

I'm not upset by this announcement so long as SF realizes this is not a significant monetary investment (I think I saw $700,000 posted somewhere). Should this delay a major attraction for another 2-3 years, then I would be disappointed.

I think most enthusiasts would put this in the "flat ride" category which is always a nice addition for Great Adventure.

I don't mind being called a SFGAdv fanboy but I'm NOT and never will be from Jersey LOL. (Philadelphians take great offense to that haha)

So is Philly, take it from a New Yorker . Seriously this addition is just blah. It is disappointing but if it reopens the path then whatever.

I think all the Jersey SFGAd fanboys should fight the SFMM fanboys as obviously SFMM continues to be (for some reason) the 'roller coaster favorite' of the chain.

SFGAd is a MUCH better all around park and you should still feel really proud of what you have but I can understand being upset over this announcement.

I'm not upset by this announcement so long as SF realizes this is not a significant monetary investment (I think I saw $700,000 posted somewhere). Should this delay a major attraction for another 2-3 years, then I would be disappointed.

I think most enthusiasts would put this in the "flat ride" category which is always a nice addition for Great Adventure.

What? These things really cost that much? I personally don't think they are worth $7,000.

The only thing I feel is bothersome about this announcement is that it's being advertised as a coaster when it's obviously not. I actually like this addition because the park needs more flats and it helps fill a vacancy in that area of the park. The Golden Kingdom has been just Kingda Ka since it's inception in 2005 (minus Balin's Jungleland), and this plus Zumanjaro helps round out that section of the park. If Ryan is correct about a reconnection to Plaza del Carnival then that's just icing on the cake.

Of course I'd want the moon for the park - who wouldn't want a crazy big coaster addition and reopening of Old Country? But if a modest addition in 2015 is needed in order to allocate the necessary amount of funds to do a big addition RIGHT in the near future, then so be it.

Edited by michaellynn4

But if a modest addition in 2015 is needed in order to allocate the necessary amount of funds to do a big addition RIGHT in the near future, then so be it.

That's what I'm particularly worried about. As long as there is a planned future announcement in the near future (1-2 seasons), this addition can be quietly accepted.

So is Philly, take it from a New Yorker .

And as a New Yorker you no doubt know how passionate Philadelphians deal with shittalkers.

Jokes, people!

I think that these Super Loop rides going to parks like Great Adventure look like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they're getting them, but I'm not a fan of calling them roller coasters, since they really aren't. I understand that it's a marketing thing, and they do have coaster-like characteristics, but still... .

Although I am not happy about this addition, and refuse to label it as a roller coaster, I truly hope that they are planning on spending a serious amount of money this upcoming season on upgrading infrastructure and beautifying the park. That, plus the addition of something substantial next season will allow me to forgive them for this mediocre at best addition.

Do we have any idea exactly where the ride is going?

My favorite thing about Jersey is that I can leave it and come back home to Philly haha!

The area near NYC and Camden are gross. Where i live its pretty. Forests, wildlife, hiking, kayaking. South>North.

LOL I don't really have an issue with Jersey. At least not personally. Living in Philly my whole life you just get used to talking crap on Jersey and those who come from there, its just like part of our thing I guess. Philadelphians are just shit talkers in general haha. My folks moved to Wildwood a decade ago and live there year round so I'm in Jersey now more than ever.

Let's just cut to the chase: everyone in the Northeast hates everyone else.

Yeah, especially those 'Wicked' people from Boston! Seriously, doesn't everyone outside of Massachusetts make fun of those people for using that word too much and now they have a coaster named it. Awesome!

But back to SFGAd...Yeah if this is at least the first step in opening that path up from El Toro to Ka/Zumanjaro and putting more rides/attractions/infrastructure along there in the future it's okay.

I think we're getting better with time, a couple of the worlds level disasters/crisis and we seem to be a little kinder to each other...

I would love to see the pathway between El Toro and Kingda Ka open for this ride... But we all know it's stupidly not likely...

C'mon. Now they're simply adding sick heights to Carnival rides? What's with the "tallest" obsession Six Flags GA? I wish SFGA had a height limit like some of the parks in Europe, that way they'd be forced to incorporate more interesting/themed rides and less of these "X-treme" torture devices (oh, SFGA is my home park, btw).

Were we expecting this kind of ride cause this really took me by surprise. I was expecting some other flat ride. It just seems kind of 90's to me.

Six Flags had been giving clues and hints towards something loop-ish. The larson giant loop idea started floating around for the past week.

I'll be honest that I dismissed the idea at first. But hey, at least it's not a parking lot coaster.