TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

A few things I would like to share.

First thing is that it's not Six Flags who decided to call Dragon Loop a roller coaster. Larson International actually states it's a coaster.

Larson International, Inc. supersized the Fire Ball and came up with this larger dominating compact roller coaster.

As for the name Dragon Loop. It honestly sounds like something Cedar Fair would come up with. I think Six Flags could have been a tad bit more creative in regards to the name.

I noticed some people are complaining that this is what we are getting and that it is nothing more than a carnival ride. Yes, you are right, it is based off of a carnival ride, but this park version eliminates the need for all those wires and the ghettoness that comes with the standard Fire Ball that you see in carnivals. Personally, I never been on a Fire Ball/Ring of Fire just because of how unsafe and unsecured they look. I will definitely give Dragon Loop a ride just due to the fact that it will no longer look like something you see at a fair.

This will probably fit in perfectly in the Adventure Alley section of the park. Seeing that you have the bumper cars and the scrambler, both of which can be considered carnival rides, adding Dragon Loop here would make logical sense.

Namtab will probably be for the full season at the park. How it was worded, it seems as if will stick around for the whole 2015 season.

Last but not least, I'm really curious to see the new details in regards to the updated Fright Fest for next season. What on earth do they possibly have in mind? For some reason I think we may be seeing Hurricane Harbor, or it's parking lot, being used for this upgrade. Could be totally wrong, but who knows at this point in time.

As for the name Dragon Loop. It honestly sounds like something Cedar Fair would come up with. I think Six Flags could have been a tad bit more creative in regards to the name.

While "Looping Dragon" is not my favorite name for a ride, thank jaysus its not super hero themed.

And to make tosay's bitch fest more concrete, I'll state that operations are terrible on El Toro and Nitro today. Batman The Ride crew is doing a much better job.

I was at the park this morning for a couple hrs. The Nitro crew sucked. Stacking 3 trains the whole time I was in line.

I'd like to believe that we will see. Ore than just one ride added. Could we see a few flat rides added, not just this looping ride?

Yeah there's some stuff not adding up. The spinning wheel in the first clue and the banana dont make sense to what the announcement says. I hope it's fake and something else will come to the park as well

Edited by DevilsFlight

This park has so much potential. I'm satisfied that the 2015 addition is a flat (an inverting flat at that), which we need but there are so many more unique thrilling options that would definitely bring crowds. This is the same park with the worlds tallest coaster and the number 1 wooden coaster in the world and they are adding park mounted carnival rides?! That seriously makes no sense and knowing Six Flags this won't be ready until August 2015 because construction won't start until very late when this should be open by opening day. It's a carnival ride!

Another thing that's really upsetting with Great Adventure is last years addition. Why even add a ride not knowing if it can run with the coaster. This wasn't in question at all during the planning stage? I'm literally disgusted with SF decisions lately. Thanks for listening to our crys of flats but this is Great Adventure, a park with a great reputation for world class rides not off the shelf carnival rides. If Gadv was sold to Cedar Fair this park would flourish beyond compare, the CP of the east coast.

*end rant*

We always say, "get more flats, get more flats..." Now they are adding a flat (I don't really care how they are marketing it,) and we are complaining about it because you can find it at a carinval? A TON of major parks have Scramblers, Ferris Wheels, Monster/Spiders, etc...and those can all be found at carnivals and fairs.

Jeesh - chill out folks.

D

I hear you, but something tells me that the scrambler, etc wasn't a 'main' add. If it was, I stand corrected.

Hey, I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure on Friday, does anyone have any advice on what to ride first, eating, lines, and anything like that?

Since Zumanjaro is closed, you should go to Kingda Ka first as it is the most popular ride there. Then do Toro because it usually doesn't have a long line before 12:00 and it is an insane coaster. After that, You could do the log flume and Runaway Mine Train. If you are hungry stop at Best of the West. This is the best food in the park. Don't worry about Bizzaro as it is a walk on most of the day. I would take the skyway to the other side of the park and hit up Skull mountain, Nitro, Batman and Dark Knight. Expect these rides to have a decent wait. After that I hit up the flats by the entrance (Deja Vu, Sky Screamer, Bumper Cars, Houdini) Then I head to the boardwalk section. I would do twister and parachutes. If Superman and Green Lantern have a wait shorter than 15 minutes. If you do upcharges do Sling shot and Dare Devil Dive. After this I usually eat and reride Toro and Ka. You could do Bizzaro if you haven't already.

Hey, I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure on Friday, does anyone have any advice on what to ride first, eating, lines, and anything like that?

Since Zumanjaro is closed, you should go to Kingda Ka first as it is the most popular ride there. Then do Toro because it usually doesn't have a long line before 12:00 and it is an insane coaster. After that, You could do the log flume and Runaway Mine Train. If you are hungry stop at Best of the West. This is the best food in the park. Don't worry about Bizzaro as it is a walk on most of the day. I would take the skyway to the other side of the park and hit up Skull mountain, Nitro, Batman and Dark Knight. Expect these rides to have a decent wait. After that I hit up the flats by the entrance (Deja Vu, Sky Screamer, Bumper Cars, Houdini) Then I head to the boardwalk section. I would do twister and parachutes. If Superman and Green Lantern have a wait shorter than 15 minutes. If you do upcharges do Sling shot and Dare Devil Dive. After this I usually eat and reride Toro and Ka. You could do Bizzaro if you haven't already.

I've heard that El Toro is even better once the wheels have warmed up later in the day.

Is Six Flags capable of marketing to ANYONE besides the teen/young adult crowd??? This would've been the perfect year for a more family friendly attraction, but no, more SCARES THRILLS ETC ETC And with a lame addition to boot. What are they THINKING???

Is Six Flags capable of marketing to ANYONE besides the teen/young adult crowd??? This would've been the perfect year for a more family friendly attraction, but no, more SCARES THRILLS ETC ETC And with a lame addition to boot. What are they THINKING???

They had two years of family friendly attractions in 2012 - 2013. Adventure Alley and the Safari were both family friendly in my opinion

Honestly, while it is still a bit ridiculous that they're marketing these rides as coasters, it doesn't make much of a difference. 99% of the GP would see it and claim it's a coaster anyways, even if the park didn't advertise it as such.

Like I posted earlier, it's not really the park that is marketing this as a coaster.

Larson International actually considers this ride a compact coaster.

So, the park knows it's not really a coaster, but if the manufacturer says it is one, then hey, it is.

I completely agree with you guys though...it's not a coaster, it's far from it.

If we weren't enthusiasts and we saw this ride not knowing what it truly was, we would probably think it's a roller coaster.

I mean, it does go upside-down and runs on a track!

Regardless, we will find out all the juicy details in just a few more days.

I wonder if the park will release an update on Zumanjaro when they send the press release out on Thursday for the new additions. Hopefully it won't be down for the remainder of the season, but then again, who knows.

A Super Loop is as much a coaster as Jolly Roger is a coaster. A ride that has "cycles" rather than a set "circuit" in my book isn't a coaster. If this ride is indeed the 70ft tall version, the total length is going to be less than 250ft.

I'm not arguing the merits of adding the ride (even though one scarred my childhood). I think Great Adventure really does need more rides in general to keep the crowds spread out.

I really hope this thing opens for opening day. If my local fair can assemble one of these in a week, GA can assemble one in 5 months.

No they can't; you know they can't...

I don't expect the ride to be delivered by opening day. I expect something like what happened with the new bumper cars.