TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ What you will learn very quickly is that park employees know just about nothing about the future plans. Look at Holiday World, they waited until the day of the announcement to tell the full time staff about Thunderbird, but they still didn't tell the seasonal staff. SFGAdv isn't going to tell anyone about their plans unless it is absolutely crucial and it is not crucial for park employees to know. While it is possible that this could be true, it is highly unlikely because of Six Flags' tight grip on cash lately.

Six Flags Great Adventure will be getting a roller coaster that goes over the entrance similar to the gatekeeper at cedar point in 2015. Someone online on a different discussion thread who works for SFGA said the entrance will look different and said he could not say anymore because he would get in trouble. This was about last year at this time he said that. If you go to SFGA today you will see markers near and around the entrance. Put this together and the fact that SFGA is the second most popular SF park and its last non-relocated ride was in 2008 when TDK which is not a huge coaster, its obvious SFGA is get a coaster next this is basically a fact. More than likely a wing coaster just like CP, maybe a RMC wooden coaster but i think that is unlikely because RMC will be extremely busy already this off-season. A coaster is coming to SFGA in 2015 that is fact but which one? Im going to say there is a 89% chance for a wing coaster, 10% chance for a RMC woodie, and a 1% chance something else like a 300+ foot B&M. But there is a 100% SFGA will get a coaster sweeping over the entrance of the park while the entrance of the ride probably being in old town.

Makes perfect sense. I heard a report from a different discussion thread earlier this season that survey markers were popping over Old Country. But since the section is closed off, there wasn't a second post to support it. The park released two riddles (which featured toy dragons) on Twitter on their 2015 attraction and most responses were a wing coaster. If the park is planning something massive like Gatekeeper that'll sweep over the entrance, the Go-Karts and the attractions on the east side of the Boardwalk will likely be removed. If Old Country is planning to reopen, Chiller's old station will have to be demolished and a new themed area will probably be constructed with a new set of flats. It's like building Kingda Ka without the Golden Kingdom. Consider the fact the park needs to upgrade the flat ride lineup, we might see a dragon themed section coming to Great Adventure in 2015.

Next clue for 2015. I still have no idea what they're teasing at.

- Golden Kingdom expansion?

- Batman: The Ride going backwards?

- I saw a loop in the last clue and we see this here. We could see a LSM catapult coaster coming to Great Adventure in 2015?

- Twitter is cooking up a boomerang coaster in the Golden Kingdom. GOD NO!!! unless two coasters are coming to the park next year.

Edited by dchang11

Next clue for 2015. I still have no idea what they're teasing at.

- well Batman the Ride opened in 1993.....one picture had a Batman stuffed animal with its' back turned; now "1993" is backwards in the latest clue, so we got that one nailed down

Six Flags Great Adventure will be getting a roller coaster that goes over the entrance similar to the gatekeeper at cedar point in 2015. Someone online on a different discussion thread who works for SFGA said the entrance will look different and said he could not say anymore because he would get in trouble. This was about last year at this time he said that. If you go to SFGA today you will see markers near and around the entrance. Put this together and the fact that SFGA is the second most popular SF park and its last non-relocated ride was in 2008 when TDK which is not a huge coaster, its obvious SFGA is get a coaster next this is basically a fact. More than likely a wing coaster just like CP, maybe a RMC wooden coaster but i think that is unlikely because RMC will be extremely busy already this off-season. A coaster is coming to SFGA in 2015 that is fact but which one? Im going to say there is a 89% chance for a wing coaster, 10% chance for a RMC woodie, and a 1% chance something else like a 300+ foot B&M. But there is a 100% SFGA will get a coaster sweeping over the entrance of the park while the entrance of the ride probably being in old town.

I've actually heard the exact opposite of that from full time management at the park. I was told no roller coaster would be added next year and nothing would happen with Old Country as well. However, the current plan the park has for next year is not their original plan so the original plan may have been the roller coaster you're talking about. Zumanjaro went way over budget after it opened a month and a half late so I believe that's what changed their minds for next year. Hopefully we'll see this roller coaster in 2016. Other then that, Backwards Batman is definitely happening next year based on that last clue.

Ok, so we have Namtab down... Let's move on...

There's a loop (also backwards...) and a bunch of fantasy ideas... Could we be seeing something coming to Fantasy Forest? Also, there's a Lion, which looks a lot like KK theming....

We might see an expansion in the Golden Kingdom next year. With Rolling Thunder gone, there is plenty of room.

I've actually heard the exact opposite of that from full time management at the park. I was told no roller coaster would be added next year and nothing would happen with Old Country as well. However, the current plan the park has for next year is not their original plan so the original plan may have been the roller coaster you're talking about. Zumanjaro went way over budget after it opened a month and a half late so I believe that's what changed their minds for next year. Hopefully we'll see this roller coaster in 2016. Other then that, Backwards Batman is definitely happening next year based on that last clue.

Regardless of if a coaster is coming or not next year, Gadv is long overdue for a new coaster. CAN I GET AN AMEN?

The park might be overdue for a coaster, but it's in need of so much more than just one ride. The park needs flats, infrastructure updates, more entertainment options, etc., that they could wait another 2-3 years before adding a coaster. Their coaster line-up as is is pretty solid, so the only way I can see us getting a new one is if another one gets taken down in its place.

The coasters will come when they are needed, not demanded. Plus the park is far from overdue. They have a lineup that most people would wish for at their home parks.

This year I don't expect much besides maybe an expansion or flat upgrade. I think that next year or the year after a big coaster will come. Six Flags usually does backwards campaigns the year before or after big investments.

Let's remember that the ACE convention is at GA next year. SF probably had to promise a big new coaster for them to come back to the east coast.

Yes, I'm so sure GAdv promised a new coaster just so ACE would come back to their park. LOL

One of the clues is a rack of Keychains. How is that even a clue? Also all these clue pictures are 2004 camera phone quality. Does Great Adventure even have a marketing department?

It may not look like a clue but when it's announced we will feel so stupid. Laff Trakk at Hersheypark was so obvious if you look at the clues

Batman Backwards, A super loop at Hurricane Harbor and a new flat and some games between Kingda Ka and El Toro. Another coaster less year sorry to break it to you all.

A super loop is a carnival flat ride.