TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^Nice report. Yeah people (including myself) in the area curse left and right. It's bad. And was that op at Bizarro Brian by any chance? I've worked with him a bunch of times and he knows his stuff.

And how I see things is that GADV already has a great coaster line up. We could go another year or two without adding a new coaster. Instead, I think the park should just fill in the gaps and try and round out the flat ride collection. Even adding back in the shows the park has lost over the years would be beneficial. I don't think the park really needs something like an El Toro 2.0 right now haha Other Six Flags parks could use new coasters over GADV so I wouldn't have a problem with if we didn't get a coaster.

I agree. We have a better lineup than CP and SFMM even though they have more. To be honest, half of what SFMM has is junk. I totally agree that other SF parks deserve more. SFOT is their flagship park and hasn't received a "new" coaster since Titan. I'd love to see The Great Escape or SFA get a major coaster as they are pretty close to me.

^Nice report. Yeah people (including myself) in the area curse left and right. It's bad. And was that op at Bizarro Brian by any chance? I've worked with him a bunch of times and he knows his stuff.

I do think his name tag said Brian! BTW were you working Monday/Tuesday?

Nice! He's a coaster fanatic haha and no, I actually haven't worked at the park since mid-July. I should be back next year though.

And how I see things is that GADV already has a great coaster line up. We could go another year or two without adding a new coaster. Instead, I think the park should just fill in the gaps and try and round out the flat ride collection. Even adding back in the shows the park has lost over the years would be beneficial. I don't think the park really needs something like an El Toro 2.0 right now haha Other Six Flags parks could use new coasters over GADV so I wouldn't have a problem with if we didn't get a coaster.

I'd like a Screamin' Swing, a Tsunami Soaker, Bonzai Pipelines in the water park and some flying scooters (I love them.)

My guess is also new trains, but not lap bar trains, ones with the vest restraints similar to I305 to help with the head banging. With the vests, I could see them turning the trains around for a season...Kingda Ka: Reverse Blast along with Namtab.

My guess is also new trains, but not lap bar trains, ones with the vest restraints similar to I305 to help with the head banging. With the vests, I could see them turning the trains around for a season...Kingda Ka: Reverse Blast along with Namtab.

Personally I'd like the Skyrush restraints better. It has more upper body control

Getting the wing coaster trains is an interesting idea, though those wing seats would be rough as hell. I doubt that's possible of course. The inverting top hat idea is also unlikely, but I would personally hate to see that happen. As long as it's still the tallest, I think you deserve to be upright when you reach that moment.

I know the ejector airtime hill idea is extremely unlikely but I'd still love to see it happen. It wouldn't change the ride's footprint, and it would make the ride from a one-trick pony into a two-trick pony. Conversely, they could also make it the world's tallest vertical loop (though that wouldn't be as much fun).

Physics question: couldn't the world's tallest airtime hill also hold the record for the single longest sustained moment of airtime?

Sorry guys, I was just messing with you. I do have more information but I don't believe next year involves Kingda Ka. This is confirmed from management that the new attraction will unfortunately not be in Old Country next year. My guess is that the Old Country area is being saved for a huge new attraction down the road. Hopefully Rolling Thunder's old spot gets used for next year.

Physics question: couldn't the world's tallest airtime hill also hold the record for the single longest sustained moment of airtime?

Most likely if the hill is designed to offer such airtime. That would be awesome if a park went for something like that. The tallest hill could also have no airtime if it was designed to do so.

Edited by El Toro_Ryan

We have a better lineup than CP

lol

Yeah, Im sorry this line caught me a little off-guard too. I dont want to argue but what makes you say that?

For El Toro, theres Maverick; For Nitro, theres Milennium; For Kingda Ka, theres TTD; For Batman theres Raptor...and thats pretty much the main coasters in GAdv's lineup, no? Is there some sort of obvious comparison Im missing that makes CP's lineup inferior?

We have a better lineup than CP

lol

Yeah, Im sorry this line caught me a little off-guard too. I dont want to argue but what makes you say that?

For El Toro, theres Maverick; For Nitro, theres Milennium; For Kingda Ka, theres TTD; For Batman theres Raptor...and thats pretty much the main coasters in GAdv's lineup, no? Is there some sort of obvious comparison Im missing that makes CP's lineup inferior?

For GL there is Mantis. Neither are that great, but CP still has Magnum, Blue Streak, and Gate Keeper. Hell Im a big fan of Gemini.

I really like SFGADV as its my second favorite Six Flags Park behind SFFT. But come on, to say their lineup is better than CP's is very laughable. And no I am not a CP fanboy and I know every coaster they have is not awesome.