TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This seems like an accurate speculation to me via Screamscape:

2015 - New Attraction(s) - Rumor - (8/23/14) The various image hints coming from Six Flags Great Adventure have got me thinking about a few things that may be coming to the park in 2015. Forget the rumors about a new coaster, because that isn’t happening… but instead I think we may see 2 or 3 things come for next season.

1) There isn’t a ton of evidence for this one, but I believe that there is a good chance we will see a new slide and water attraction go into Hurricane Harbor. This is mostly a hunch on my part, but the park can always use some added capacity to help things along, and there was one image in the hints showing off a spinning water wheel.

2) Batman Backwards – One of the image hints did have the year 1993 written backwards, and 1993 was the year that Batman: The Ride came to the park. Six Flags has a traveling train they have been using for this purpose to hit a couple of parks a season for the last two years, and it has yet to make it to SFGAdv, so it is obviously time. Already this year we have seen it spend the spring at Six Flags Magic Mountain and it is currently at Six Flags over Texas. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it continue East from there and hit up both Six Flags over Georgia and Great Adventure over the 2015 season.

3) Finally I’ve come to a realization as to what the park’s new permanent ride may be… and the one clue spells it out perfectly. SUPER… LOOP. To be honest, I’m surprised by this, especially after the downtime issues Elitch Gardens in Colorado has had with their new 7-story Super Loop (Brain Drain) this summer, but there are a ton of image hints showing off images of giant rings or the word “loop”. But the one hint of Domo in a Superman costume next to the word “Loop” just really drove it home for me. Just something to think about, and I’m thinking this wont be the only version of this ride being added to a Six Flags park in 2015.

This seems like an accurate speculation to me via Screamscape:

2015 - New Attraction(s) - Rumor - (8/23/14) The various image hints coming from Six Flags Great Adventure have got me thinking about a few things that may be coming to the park in 2015. Forget the rumors about a new coaster, because that isn’t happening… but instead I think we may see 2 or 3 things come for next season.

1) There isn’t a ton of evidence for this one, but I believe that there is a good chance we will see a new slide and water attraction go into Hurricane Harbor. This is mostly a hunch on my part, but the park can always use some added capacity to help things along, and there was one image in the hints showing off a spinning water wheel.

2) Batman Backwards – One of the image hints did have the year 1993 written backwards, and 1993 was the year that Batman: The Ride came to the park. Six Flags has a traveling train they have been using for this purpose to hit a couple of parks a season for the last two years, and it has yet to make it to SFGAdv, so it is obviously time. Already this year we have seen it spend the spring at Six Flags Magic Mountain and it is currently at Six Flags over Texas. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it continue East from there and hit up both Six Flags over Georgia and Great Adventure over the 2015 season.

3) Finally I’ve come to a realization as to what the park’s new permanent ride may be… and the one clue spells it out perfectly. SUPER… LOOP. To be honest, I’m surprised by this, especially after the downtime issues Elitch Gardens in Colorado has had with their new 7-story Super Loop (Brain Drain) this summer, but there are a ton of image hints showing off images of giant ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings or the word “loop”. But the one hint of Domo in a Superman costume next to the word “Loop” just really drove it home for me. Just something to think about, and I’m thinking this wont be the only version of this ride being added to a Six Flags park in 2015.

No. Just no. Please no super loop. We need a high capacity ride. Not this crap. I'd rather see a used boomerang than this. This thing belongs at a county fair, not an amusement park.

A super loop makes sense based on the clues, but common sense should dictate that it would not be the best decision for the park. It doesn't seem like the most appealing ride, either. Isn't this model almost the same ride that used to exist, just under a different name? There are a lot more appealing flats they could install out there. More appealing in terms of capacity and overall design.

I still think the loop clues involve a new HH slide, but a Super Loop wouldn't be a terrible addition. The park has been building its flat collection for the last couple of years and it would beef that lineup a bit. Definitely a cheesy, underwhelming addition for arguably the chain's crown jewel, but at least it's something.

A Super Loop isn't very expensive. Maybe next year it's the year we finally get a new huge coaster. But the Super Loop will not bring in any attendance. It'll be a huge failure. I'm still hoping for some type of water ride

Also I noticed that the caption for the third clue says "Third #round of #clues - is the truth getting any clearer or are you still in the dark?" Is this hinting at a dark ride possibly?

Screamscape Says it is all but confirmed that we will be getting a Super Loop and it will be called Looping Dragon.

Hey, it's a new flat ride, something the park needs. That's how I look at it.

Knowing Six Flags, they'll market it as a coaster.

Since you know Six Flags so well, what non-coasters have been marketed as coasters at SFGAdv?

Am I mistaken or doesn't Gadv already have 12 coasters? 5 B&M's, 2 Intamins, 2 indoor, RMT, BBLTT, and a kiddie coaster?

Also, my thoughts- first off, this is sad and pathetic for a flagship park in the chain to be an afterthought, and we all know it. Secondly, why does the same rise new for 2015 at SFA seat 24 over Gadv's 20?

Am I mistaken or doesn't Gadv already have 12 coasters? 5 B&M's, 2 Intamins, 2 indoor, RMT, BBLTT, and a kiddie coaster?

Also, my thoughts- first off, this is sad and pathetic for a flagship park in the chain to be an afterthought, and we all know it. Secondly, why does the same rise new for 2015 at SFA seat 24 over Gadv's 20?

Because SFA can call their ride a star attraction to their lineup as SFGAdv. can't and don't need to, thus creating bigger lines at one more than the other.

I'm fine with this addition... the park got a big new addition last year and I'll definitely ride it. The Batman backwards thing seems pretty stupid but I'm assuming it won't be for the whole season (right?).

So given that this is quite literally a carnival ride that's based off of a ride that can be set up in a day I'm predicting they won't be able to get it open until mid to late June. What do you guys think? Place your bets.

Screamscape Says it is all but confirmed that we will be getting a Super Loop and it will be called Looping Dragon.

Since you know Six Flags so well, what non-coasters have been marketed as coasters at SFGAdv?

Uh he's actually right though...Six Flags America is promoting it as their 10th roller coaster, looks like SFGAdv will do the same.

Uh he's actually right though...Six Flags America is promoting it as their 10th roller coaster, looks like SFGAdv will do the same.

SFA currently has 9 coasters, and Gadv has 12. If both are promoting them as coasters, why would Gadv call it their 12th? Either they can't count (likely) or are seriously removing a coaster for this pile of junk.