TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I went over the park today to see what progress they've made on InvadR. The words of the day were dirt, concrete, and a wee bit of wood.

The work of a moderator never ends.

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.

I wonder if this ride will have a full concrete footing under it like some other GCI coasters recently. Or at least partially. The large concrete areas we see make me think so.

I would assume that would be impractical due to the terrain.

It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Mike Rowe would be proud.

"It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it" - from the song "We Care A Lot" by Faith No More.

But I do have faith in Busch Gardens Williamsburg to pull this construction off and add another coaster to their layout. And don't forget about Le Scoot, the newly-restored log flume - remember that they cared a lot to preserve this fine family ride.

" This is going to be AWESOME!!!"

Just back from the park and noticed that now in Griffons Station they have a new flat screen with the countdown for each train along with the harness status to help speed up the loaders. There was a supervisor standing on the exit bridge writing down information. Not sure if this is a new thing but seemed to help out with dispatches off all 3 trains not that griffon really had a capacity issue or op issue

^ Aw seriously?! I know it doesn't affect the ride, but aesthetically, steel supports on wooden coasters are just so eh!

EDIT: I don't know if I spelled "aesthetically" correct as there were no other suggestions for it in the spell check lol

EDIT: I don't know if I spelled "aesthetically" correct as there were no other suggestions for it in the spell check lol

When there are no recommendations, you either spelled it right, or you are so far off the computer says, "I can't even help you, man."

When there are no recommendations, you either spelled it right, or you are so far off the computer says, "I can't even help you, man."

I really hope its not the latter lol!

Just back from the park and noticed that now in Griffons Station they have a new flat screen with the countdown for each train along with the harness status to help speed up the loaders. There was a supervisor standing on the exit bridge writing down information. Not sure if this is a new thing but seemed to help out with dispatches off all 3 trains not that griffon really had a capacity issue or op issue

Valravn had this same setup as well and it really seemed to help the ops get the trains out fast.

I went with Red Shield logo for two reasons: I like the color red and it won't clash with the blue color of Le Scoot.

Speaking about Le Scoot, I did love the axes they added inside the sawmill. It shows the love Busch Gardens have in preserving their log flume attraction.