TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

^Most rides will run in the rain, unless there's lightning in the area. High winds will close the Skyride. It all depends on how strong the storm is.

I am heading to the park for my first ever visit on Tuesday and Wednesday. Any pointers? I'm certainly going to hit all of the coasters but are there any 'can't miss' flats?

Don't miss Escape from Pompeii (you barely get wet on it and the effects are amazing) or Curse of Dark Kastle.

Of course I love Le Scoot and the Sky Ride too but that's a personal preference. It's a very unique Sky Ride though as it's a triangle with 3 stations.

Also, ride the back row of Apollo. Not one from the back, the back. You get awesome airtime on the first drop in that seat thanks to the B&M pre-drop.

Europe in the Air sucks. You've been warned. Also, I highly recommend the Predator show over by the wolves. The birds are pretty cool and hearing the wolves howl is awesome. Plus they're pretty damn cute even though they'd happily rip your face off.

After our visit yesterday, all I have to say is "WOW."

This park completely blew me away, some of the best staff outside of Knoebels, not a single bad coaster in the lineup, operations were amazing, the food was incredible, if I had to pick something to complain about it'd either have to be the layout of the park (It's absolutely awful! Never been lost in a park until yesterday, even with a map we still got lost at least three times) or the amount of food they give you in Festhaus. Felt like such a waste to buy a 25 dollar platter and only eat about 1/4th of it.

Tempesto was probably the biggest surprise of the day, decently forceful, lots of very surprising airtime, and an overall fun ride. Griffon (my first dive coaster) wasn't nearly as intense as I was expecting, it was still a ton of fun, I just figured it would be more forceful and/or terrifying to ride. Loch Ness Monster is by miles the best arrow I've ever been on, that first drop in the back row really is surprising. Apollos Chariot has dethroned Nitro as my favorite B&M Hyper. Alpengeist was pretty good, but it was somewhat rattly, and the transitions into the entry of the cobra and into the mid course brake run threw me around in some pretty bad ways, kinda detracted from the ride a bit. Verbolten was shockingly forceful and a very fun ride.

Other than the layout of the park I really can't complain about anything. It seems like BGW really is doing everything right, I can't wait to go back.

After our visit yesterday, all I have to say is "WOW."

This park completely blew me away, some of the best staff outside of Knoebels, not a single bad coaster in the lineup, operations were amazing, the food was incredible, if I had to pick something to complain about it'd either have to be the layout of the park (It's absolutely awful! Never been lost in a park until yesterday, even with a map we still got lost at least three times) or the amount of food they give you in Festhaus. Felt like such a waste to buy a 25 dollar platter and only eat about 1/4th of it.

Tempesto was probably the biggest surprise of the day, decently forceful, lots of very surprising airtime, and an overall fun ride. Griffon (my first dive coaster) wasn't nearly as intense as I was expecting, it was still a ton of fun, I just figured it would be more forceful and/or terrifying to ride. Loch Ness Monster is by miles the best arrow I've ever been on, that first drop in the back row really is surprising. Apollos Chariot has dethroned Nitro as my favorite B&M Hyper. Alpengeist was pretty good, but it was somewhat rattly, and the transitions into the entry of the cobra and into the mid course brake run threw me around in some pretty bad ways, kinda detracted from the ride a bit. Verbolten was shockingly forceful and a very fun ride.

Other than the layout of the park I really can't complain about anything. It seems like BGW really is doing everything right, I can't wait to go back.

Glad to see you enjoyed it so much. Did you ride Apollo's Chariot back row? It really gives an amazing ride back there.

Sure did! It was pretty apparent that it was B&M's first hyper, a few of the airtime hills have some.... odd shaping. It was exceedingly enjoyable though, I especially liked how the return hills follow the topography of the park, and are all different heights.

I realize I am preaching to the choir here but I think the pleasant surprise of my first ever trip to Busch yesterday was Curse of DarKastle. I knew zero about the ride before walking into the building. Every Park needs a dark ride like that, in my opinion. And I'm not even a dark ride fan.

Oh, and whoever said Europe in the Air is terrible was spot on. Ugh.

I realize I am preaching to the choir here but I think the pleasant surprise of my first ever trip to Busch yesterday was Curse of DarKastle. I knew zero about the ride before walking into the building. Every Park needs a dark ride like that, in my opinion. And I'm not even a dark ride fan.

Oh, and whoever said Europe in the Air is terrible was spot on. Ugh.

Yas!! Curse of DarKastle is amazing!! My first ride on it I was the only person on it which I think made it slightly more terrifying.

Europe in the Air is awful. Like the ghetto, dollar tree version of Soarin.

One thing that makes me sad about DarKastle is the part after you go through the "fireplace" into the dark room. The vehicle used to spin, rather quickly, about 3 times in the pitch black. Now it just meanders though the darkness... Oh well.

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by Apollo in ANY seat, including the back row? I actually found it to be probably my least favorite hyper, and my list includes Raging Bull...

I wasn't "impressed" the last time I rode it but it sure was fun.

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by Apollo in ANY seat, including the back row? I actually found it to be probably my least favorite hyper, and my list includes Raging Bull...

I rode it last summer. I much prefer Nitro or Diamondback. Heck, I even like Steel Force better.

Put me in these categories. It was fun and disappointing.

I rode it last summer. I much prefer Nitro or Diamondback. Heck, I even like Steel Force better.

You're going to sit here and tell us you like Steel Force(The World's longest and tallest mine train) better than Apollo's Chariot. I know its your opinion, but now I've heard everything.