TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

99% of people on here still wish Big Bad Wolf was around, but it reached its shelf life. It was literally falling apart at the seama from the stress of the trains.

That being said Verbolten is a stellar replacement. The first time I rode it, I too was pleseantly surprised.

I feel like the unfortunate reality of the old Arrow Suspended coasters is that the "better" they are (as in - more forceful, more moments of hard swaying), the quicker they wear out, and the shorter their shelf life is. This would explain why coasters like BBW, and Eagle's Fortress are now gone, and coasters like Draggin' Iron at Cedar Point will likely last forever...

I never had a chance to ride Big Bad Wolf, but my wife and I really enjoyed Verbolten. Standing on its own as a roller coaster it wouldn't be much worth riding, but the dark ride and theming elements make this ride really fun.

Big Bad Wolf was world class and better than anything the park has now as far as I'm concerned. That being said, Verbolten is a very good coaster. I wish they would have invested the money to keep BBW running but I understand why that wasn't economically feasible.

To be honest, Im glad BGW didn't add another B&M to the park. They already have 3 huge world class B&M coasters. Its nice to see them branch out to more unique rides these past couple additions. I'm sure they will go back to B&M one day, but some coaster diversity is always nice.

I think a better replacement for BBW would have been a B&M Flying coaster. The dive down to the river with some sort of splash down effect ala Manta would be amazing.

I like how this guy thinks!

I'm not a big fan of the flying coasters, myself. I enjoy Verbolten--something a bit different from the norm.

We need to hold on the LNM for as long as we can. Arrow Looper's heading to extinction quicker than polar bears these days.

I highly doubt that ride is ever going anywhere.

Me and you hope. It should be fine for awhile, they can get plenty of parts from the dead Arrow coaster gravyard.

I think a better replacement for BBW would have been a B&M Flying coaster. The dive down to the river with some sort of splash down effect ala Manta would be amazing.

I like how this guy thinks!

I'm not a big fan of the flying coasters, myself. I enjoy Verbolten--something a bit different from the norm.

I'm not knocking Verbolten, but you could pretty much replicate much of the Verbolten experience if you placed the ride elsewhere in the park, and Flying Coasters are perfect for being interactive terrain coasters! Myself, I really like them, so yeah, I'm all for anybody adding one, especially if it's well located. Obviously, it's not going to ever happen in Verbolten's spot, but I'm saying that I would have preferred that particular area be used for another terrain-interactive coaster like BBW. Not knocking Verbolten though...

We need to hold on the LNM for as long as we can. Arrow Looper's heading to extinction quicker than polar bears these days.

I highly doubt that ride is ever going anywhere.

Me and you hope. It should be fine for awhile, they can get plenty of parts from the dead Arrow coaster gravyard.

I think S&S makes parts for Arrow coasters don't they? I don't think there's any issue getting parts.

Techincally Verbolten does use the terrain. Its the same last drop that BBW had using the terrain.

Yes, I realize that. I'm just saying that they could have made the ride, and have it be very similar, without that exact spot being used. The terrain isn't as important to the ride experience as it was on BBW, or would be (potentially) on a Flying Coaster. As someone who is very nostalgic, I am at least glad that they DID re-use that diving spot on Verbolten, as a tribute to BBW!

How about a little InvadR update? There isn't anything "vertical," of course, but the park has been making progress preparing the site in Fort New France, and they've added some new signs to their construction walls. These photos were taken from the train, the path to the LeScoot log flume, and the bridge near Alpengeist.

001.jpg.6ceb5f9e548cbe3c8ac00e9b21e052a4.jpg

Now, just to make sure we're all on the same page here, it's pronounced "Invad . . .

002.thumb.jpg.3520c06675a670f040fbce603435250c.jpg

. . . R"! At least the folks on the train emphasize the "R." The "TM" is, I presume, silent.

003.jpg.f830b0d4a87729d68c0dfd8ca52ba558.jpg

Rounding the bend into the construction zone (not far from the Festhaus).

004.jpg.7ce36298ddb557222c16d14e8ff7f9bf.jpg

Hmm--looks like something's afoot here.

005.jpg.a3c3ab6544cb6bb574e641640894b0a3.jpg

Perhaps, a "footer"? At least that's what I think it is, but this stairway of concrete and rebar could be serving some other purpose.

006.jpg.60587897bb0160b307aca69ddb81215a.jpg

Looking at the site under part of LeScoot, from the train.

007.jpg.55603e3a40cffba225b2989f5f405db9.jpg

Lots of signs on the construction walls now.

008.jpg.bffe25af8761f1e4c1b33c7221b5f5fb.jpg

So, you can be a villager, a hot warrior chick . . .

009.thumb.jpg.1faddd87b4ecfed70d3dbced406cbfaf.jpg

. . . or a mascot for a certain football team in Minnesota.

010.jpg.8873758d7fe9e43632e0776cfad39aeb.jpg

Best start girding your loins for war!

011.thumb.jpg.ead6bcf8d26d154d6fd421bab6a259fd.jpg

So, they're being protected from the coaster the Vikings are building?

012.jpg.65cdefdc9fb927c7ae1ba090afae4efc.jpg

Those Vikings certainly are destructive.

013.jpg.b2bb9cd3cf0c99baade7d7fe11bcf3f7.jpg

Darn those darn ol' Vikings and all their digging! At least they're respecting the Chesapeake Bay Watershed by putting up those erosion barricades.

014.jpg.1878d5686504f73b1c72b78079a8f4a4.jpg

Here's an overhead, through-the-trees" shot of the construction site. The covered area is part of the LeScoot queue.

015.jpg.39895e9f9fb7d6c57a27b8eb7986b5e1.jpg

One last look at a bit of concrete-and-rebar work from the Alpengeist bridge.

016.thumb.jpg.c68bdf2413f42985b998a7ed7863ebb0.jpg

Trappers' Village has a tough defense, but their offense in the "red zone" is questionable. That's all for now.

It's going to be a big change for New France--which hasn't seen any "big changes" in years (except for when they built the new Trappers Smokehouse).

Edited by cfc

It's going to be a big change for New France--which hasn't seen any "big changes" in years (except for when they built the new Trappers Smokehouse).

And tore down the Canadian Palladium to install the Scrambler. Cannot ever forgive them for that since the Palladium is where I wrote and directed many country shows from 1994-1997.

00000123.thumb.jpg.1f39da507caac0a36fbc80b1345d0685.jpg

00000124.thumb.jpg.90561d81b8fd8268a1ccde94da683bd0.jpg

00000145.thumb.jpg.51c5237d7e535f4b4e6e6e34e4da2cbd.jpg