TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 453 - Bierfest begins July 30th

Great update. How is the Beir room? From what I've seen there seems to be plenty of selection.

InvadR's progress seems to be moving along at a nice speed.

Finally...I wish the closure of Europe in the Air was permanent

The craft beer room is quite nice and seems to be a hit with guests. There's a good-sized selection of beers on tap from Virginia breweries (and some from out of state). They sell food, too (pretzels, German meatballs, etc.).

Great update. How is the Beir room? From what I've seen there seems to be plenty of selection.

InvadR's progress seems to be moving along at a nice speed.

Finally...I wish the closure of Europe in the Air was permanent

The craft beer room is quite nice and seems to be a hit with guests. There's a good-sized selection of beers on tap from Virginia breweries (and some from out of state). They sell food, too (pretzels, German meatballs, etc.).

Oh wow, I definitely be in there when I make my visit next season.

When I first saw this little structure behind Verbolten's show building, I thought it was for the Lumberhacks Howl-o-Scream maze.

But after reviewing BGW's blog, I think this is where they're assembling "bents" for InvadR. It's hard to see much from the train.

Lumberhacks was definately a highlight of Howloscream last year, albeit shorter than the average BGW maze. Hopefully weather will cooperate with the park for Howloscream. Tropical systems hitting Memorial Day weekend and now Labor Day weekend are going to leave their mark on attendence this year. Poor SEAS and their luck. I'll be doing my part to help their finances by consuming plenty of alcohol at bierfest!

Water Country will be closed tomorrow due to Tropical Storm Hermine. Busch Gardens will be open, but ride operations could be affected and some Bierfest activities will be moved into the Festhaus; operations should be normal on Sunday and Monday for both parks. There's more info here: https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/media-room/press-releases/09_2016/bier-fest.

I was there at the park on Wednesday [AUG 24] as my month-long vacation was winding down. I got to walk up and ride a few coasters and eat dinner at the Festa Haus ( even though they didn't have a show that day).

Thanks to your photo trip I can see the progress they have made for InvadR. Still, I cannot see how the track layout is going to be. Maybe when I do come back to the park next season I'll head to InvadR, ride it once, ride it twice, ride it three time, and then finally see what they did and wonder to myself why I didn't see it before. Busch Gardens did this to me before - twice - when they added Alphengist and Griffon in areas I didn't think were possible. Now with InvadR, they're going to do it to me three times!

After they're done with InvadR, the next question would be What's next? Would the old Drachen Fire finally be used or will they put another ride in Ireland? But the biggest question for me is will I be well and fit enough to visit the park next season ( meaning - will I lose enough weight so I can fit into any seat on Alphengist and Griffon instead of the "larger guest" seats?)?

"The answer, my friend is just wait and see/ the answer is just wait and see."

InvadR - R you ready to attack this coaster?"

I'm predicting/hoping for a star flyer in Ireland. They could get rid of Europe in the Air and use its old queue, while making it small enough to keep a maze in there for HoS. A star flyer would fit well in this park and since other parks are starting to use them again, why not Busch? As for coasters, my vote would be for a flying coaster in Drachen's old location, possible even called Drachen Fire (because, you know, dragon's fly). Since I doubt that'll happen, my next vote is for a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster in Drachen's old location. Since I doubt none of these will happen, I'm excited to see what they do next. By the way, somebody that's good at NL2 design a flying coaster that could fit in that area

Edited by Trevor Hamilton

Agreed, I can't see them adding a major coaster anytime soon since they added Tempesto and now InvadR in the past few years. I would like to see the removal of Europe in the Air for something better though.

I saw Chuck post on twitter today post something about the park posting a flyer that says "Fire Breathing Dragons seen off the coast of New France." So maybe we will see some sort of fire effects on InvadR.

It was this sign on the construction walls by the railroad tracks near New Caribou Station.

CrnPlvPW8AADwzV.jpg:large

It does hint that there might be fire somewhere, but this is just a guess on my part. Take it for what's it's worth.

GCI Flyer

I think I agree with you, assuming you meant a B&M flyer.

I would only expect something of that scale to be built at least five or so years down the road.

Whoops! HAHAHA. Yeah, I definitely meant B&M. Someone above me had mentioned GCI in DF's old location. I guess that's why I had GCI on the mind. That would be something, huh? A GCI flyer.

It was this sign on the construction walls by the railroad tracks near New Caribou Station.

CrnPlvPW8AADwzV.jpg:large

It does hint that there might be fire somewhere, but this is just a guess on my part. Take it for what's it's worth.

I think its a pretty good guess. It'd be a welcome addition to the ride in my eyes.