TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 453 - Bierfest begins July 30th

The trains look great. I remain unconvinced on the figurehead though...

There's another train that looks more like a viking ship.

[twitter]

[/twitter] Edited by cfc

Yeah, I just saw them both on Busch Gardens Facebook video. I'm coming around on them actually. I'm not a big fan of the lead car having some sort of "sculpture" on the front that restricts the view. However, most of these seem to be on family style rollercoasters (like Firechaser Express) so since that is what this is being marketed as, I can give this one a pass on that. It's growing on me already.

These trains are incredible! I like the bear car more, because it doesn't obstruct the view that much (even though neither of them seem too intrusive) and I've never seen a lead car done in a style like that, especially at that detail. I was a bit skeptical of this coaster at first because I'm not a huge fan of the layout, and it's probably not going to run like a Gravity Group family coaster or anything crazy like that. But after seeing some of the themed buildings, tunnels, now trains, etc., it seems like the theming and terrain will make it way more fun. I can't wait to see it finished!

I like the designs but I feel like they might restrict views a little. I really like creative front pieces but they should remain below the sight level.

Tell that to Mack.

I just realized something. So if there are buildings throughout the ride, it might seem a lot faster.

Hell, a mine train through a heavily themed area makes the ride feel faster. Just imagine a GCI designed to give repeated pops of airtime and quick, but comfortable, transitions through a moderately themed area with tight spaces. I think that's what you're going to have here. I'm putting my money on this for the sleeper hit of 2017.