TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Had a question for anyone out there can give me insight about Apollos Chariot, last night before close the break at the top of the hill slowed the train along with the trim break after the mid-course I have ridden Apollo every visit and never had these 2 trim breaks engage during my ride anyone have any idea why?

The ride is designed with a maximum speed in mind(at various points on course). If it's exceeding that speed the brakes will engage. The trim after the sixth drop usually only kicks in on really warm (fast) days. Never heard of the one at the top of the lift being used but I would guess that the sensors registered abnormally fast speeds on hills one and two.

I wouldn't say that it's because of Kings Dominion. InvadR is supposed to be a family-oriented ride, so Kings Dominion is still more of a thrill park/traditional amusement park. A lot of enthusiasts go to both, a lot of locals go to both, and everyone else would go to one of the other, because they're completely different. One new attraction (or lack thereof) won't make a difference to families wanting a more Disney-style theme park for vacation or a family wanting large flat rides and more coasters.

Busch Gardens is getting a huge increase in attendance next year. Not only because of Invadr, but because of Kings Dominion taking an L and deciding to add a couple kiddie rides as their giant announcement.

Yeah, because we all know that the majority of guests troll theme parks and their websites waiting for new ride announcements and then base their future visits on that.

Busch Gardens is getting a huge increase in attendance next year. Not only because of Invadr, but because of Kings Dominion taking an L and deciding to add a couple kiddie rides as their giant announcement.

Yeah, because we all know that the majority of guests troll theme parks and their websites waiting for new ride announcements and then base their future visits on being disappointed when the outcome isn't what they had hoped for.

I wouldn't say that it's because of Kings Dominion. InvadR is supposed to be a family-oriented ride, so Kings Dominion is still more of a thrill park/traditional amusement park. A lot of enthusiasts go to both, a lot of locals go to both, and everyone else would go to one of the other, because they're completely different. One new attraction (or lack thereof) won't make a difference to families wanting a more Disney-style theme park for vacation or a family wanting large flat rides and more coasters.

Take a look at the backlash the park is getting.

Where do you see backlash, the internet, where everyone complains. Can you prove that everyone complaining will result in less income for Kings Dominion and more income for Busch Gardens? NO YOU CANNOT. Backlash will not be determined until the cash is counted. You really need to refrain from posting for a while.

Yeah, people are mad at the park for this one thing, but that doesn't mean that everyone will boycott them like you are. People can criticize some negative aspects about a park while still loving it. Think about this: if people didn't still care about and love Kings Dominion, do you really think people would be this concerned about their lack of new additions?

Yeah, people are mad at the park for this one thing, but that doesn't mean that everyone will boycott them like you are. People can criticize some negative aspects about a park while still loving it. Think about this: if people didn't still care about and love Kings Dominion, do you really think people would be this concerned about their lack of new additions?

This. All of this and ten times more.

This. All of this and ten times more.

And the thing is, he will not boycott the park, he has no means to get to any other parks.

Thank the Larry he is gone. He has been polluting the boards for the past week or so. The entire forum has been crazy for the past week or so. Anyway, since the red shield has been chosen for the logo I wonder what will be up next for the fan voting for InvadR.

Obviously, the combination of a great-looking and family and non-family friendly new coaster coming to BGW, and the underwhelming (to those without kids) new additions to KD, portends well for BGW to do better than KD at the gate next year. But here's the thing... BGW is already head and shoulders above KD in overall park experience anyway, and I don't think KD really thinks they can compete toe to toe with them in that regard. So KD is doing their thing, and BGW is doing their thing, and both parks are doing just fine being what they are, and appealing to the people they intend to appeal to.

I think this ride looks like it will be a lot of fun. It just seems to mostly be about small airtime hills, very unlike other GCIs. I'm actually kinda stoked for it.

I learned from Maverick bigger does NOT mean better.

I mean, Thunderhead (especially near the front) is loaded with floater airtime on hills that are so small you don't even realize they're airtime hills until you're floating out of your seat on something you assumed was just going to be a strong lateral. GCI's rarely feature ejector air but they're usually loaded with fun floater hills that you barely even notice. Watching a POV of a ride like that is useless for trying to gauge the ride experience. This is true of all coasters but especially GCI's.

Watching a POV of a ride like that is useless for trying to gauge the ride experience. This is true of all coasters but especially GCI's.

Especially when that coaster hasn't even been built yet.

And I would imagine part of the fun of the ride will be the effect the trees (existing or planted) will have on it. It could create a fun sense of speed, even if the roller coaster is not necessarily fast. Which is something a video (real or CG) can't ever really capture.