TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

If Hershey puts another station in Comet Hollow, I'm going to start avoiding that area like the plague. Why not put it back where the Kissing Tower is? Comet Hollow is terrifyingly packed with crowds every minute of every day.

On topic, I hope that the new track is for Hershey.

I was thinking the same thing, Comet Hollow is overcrowded as it is. IMO if they put another station or coaster in that area, the area will lose its "feel". Back by the Kissing Tower and that surrounding area would be a good place to put a new ride, the last ride in that area was Great Bears station.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard rumors of Hershey expanding into the golf course across from the park entrance. The ride could possible go along/over the creek and then into the golf course.

Yeah sure, because there is nothing that golfers would enjoy more than by a bunch of people screaming when they are concentrating on striking the ball.

I had actually heard that rumors a few years back. I didn't really believe it at the time, and still don't, but apparently Hershey was considering closing that course due to lack of business. Golf isn't really a huge attraction in the Hershey area, but I can see it being fairly popular for those who make a longer vacation out of the trip.

^ If its not flyer/invert track then what is it? It's certainly not big enough to be dive-machine track. Looks like normal-sized B&M track to me . . . And I think it looks too twisty to be a hyper . . .

Actually B&M has slight variations on their track style.

Hyper track is larger, has straight sides, and a thicker spine.

Invert track is smaller and has curved sides.

Flyer track is similar to the invert track, but the sides are more pronounced.

Which means that its hyper track. If it seems too twisty to be a hyper then, chances are it's a hyper-twister (Raging Bull).

[photos courtesy of RCDB, slightly cropped to (hopefully) fit the uploading guidelines]

db_2010_0530_BM41.jpg.31b6af5f3e3943e6bc5e3b70ce2a81c8.jpg

New mystery track. (courtesy Screamscape)

p12844.jpg.8a51cd381b30c9c4653bc2968f93b260.jpg

Invert

p22220.jpg.3ccfc8166b7c888a8d6b046029937afc.jpg

Hyper

p22652.jpg.0c5d3fc55bdda298c3bd6af6c838cba0.jpg

Flyer

dsc02765.jpg.4df91a4242b918a543bdd18c6352814f.jpg

Twisty hyper track: courtesy deathbydinn (image can be found on last page of SFGAm Discussion Thread) -- http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51125&start=1340

Edited by netdvn

Although I love B&M Hypers, one of the support connections

The one on the left, is that of an inversion. Also the ties are the same as the Sit Down/Floorless ties, which are also straight.

Notice the support connection on the loop.

And the straight ties.

The support connection seems to speak for itself. But, did anyone ever except the possibilty that there is more than one coaster eing manufactured at that location (Ohio?)?

Yes, that's a possibility. Generally they'd keep them separated when storing them so that they don't make a mistake and send them to the wrong park. More than likely all these pieces of track are for the same coaster, as they're all the same track style.

The course is already closed. When HERCO bought it, they closed it immediately paved over some of it to make additional parking. The "former" golf course is ready to be developed. There have been several township meetings in recent past about rerouting some of the roads in the area, that includes removing the road the travels behind the park and chocolate world where the Old original pool used to be, allowing pedestrians access to the new expansion area

^Huh? Wrong thread.

^ it looks like it could look at this Behemoth photo

Not really because the direction of the radii is constant. It doesn't change direction or pull up. You can tell because none of the pieces are on top of other objects. They are all directly on the ground and you can tell in the one pic of the connection that it doesn't pull up any. If it did, the angle of the end (perpendicular to the side of the spine facing the ground) in correlation to the ground would be less. Am I confusing?

^Huh? Wrong thread.

^ it looks like it could look at this Behemoth photo

Not really because the direction of the radii is constant. It doesn't change direction or pull up. You can tell because none of the pieces are on top of other objects. They are all directly on the ground and you can tell in the one pic of the connection that it doesn't pull up any. If it did, the angle of the end (perpendicular to the side of the spine facing the ground) in correlation to the ground would be less. Am I confusing?

no I see what you saying ... I guess we wont know till a B&M pops up somewhere lol

• 1 month later...

I wanted to bring this back because I found on the last issue of First Drop some photos of the track for the new chinese flying coaster and it's not the yellow track but it's some light blue one.

So maybe I've missed something but I thought that the yellow track was for that coaster and now it's still a mystery.

With survey markings showing up at Knotts I'm wondering could some of this B&M track be for a knotts project maybe? A hyper leading out of the park (like SFOG Goliath) into that grassy Island infront of the park or over into the parking lot on the side of ghostrider