TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Kinda sucks Intamin messed things up with Cedar Fair, we'd probably be seeing more Intamin gigas (ala MF, i305). Not that there's anything wrong with B&M but the layouts of their hypers/giga are just so samey.

For a park, I'd rather have a B&M Giga or Hyper over nothing at all.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda sucks Intamin messed things up with Cedar Fair, we'd probably be seeing more Intamin gigas (ala MF, i305). Not that there's anything wrong with B&M but the layouts of their hypers/giga are just so samey.

Really? I thought most people would simply want nothing

Really? I thought most people would simply want nothing

Lmao!!!

The drop, maybe?

That would be my guess as well.

Looks somewhat similar to the support system used on Leviathan's first drop.

Yeah, somewhat but not completely because, on leviathan, the track and support are one while there they are close but not the same.

I also noticed that (or maybe I'm seeing things), if you take a close look you'll see the position of the track/support does this a bit:

1188644102_SemTtulo.png.00e32b8a96b9b2aa5d2fc7c931f9b4b9.png

So while leviathan's track and the support piece start in a parallel position (well, they're the same really) and then the track starts curving this one doesn't start like that. The first thing that came to my mind was: "well, if the support piece sits vertically then this could be a beyond vertical drop!" but maybe it is some strange loop/other inversion support.

Has anyone wondered what this piece here could be for?

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg

The drop, maybe?

And also, notice how the pieces that connect to the rails are shaped differently.

This is the unknown coaster. Carowinds (rumored), Flying Coaster & the Dive Coaster are what we know B&M are developing.

The company has rides built according to layout, so this could be be some of the first segments. With such a thin spine, and a vertical support connector, the track is lying in a near default position. The track has a obtuse radius, and a thin spine (low force factor) - so I'm assuming this could be the end piece after a camleback, but before the brake run. Or on the opposite side of hill.

14536072602_bb3aaa4a50_o.png

14511227502_a57f94f6e6_c.jpg

This is what others, including myself, believe to be the Dive Coaster for Gardaland. Merlin has a thing for vanilla color schemes, so this one is pretty obvious. The Yellow is for the flying coaster in China. Which leaves us with the teal, blue & red. CF has had a thing for blue-ish colors lately, GateKeeper and Leviathan are evidence of this. CF also has a history of implementing similar colors throughout their parks. Red Hypercoasters, and now blue front gate coasters. Rumor has it that Carowind's 2015 coaster will be upfront. So...

From Holiday World's thread:

^I've read the same from a local on another site. He indicated that some of the footings have six bolts with the "almond" cutout and that they look similar to Banshee's.

I know the number of bolts isn't a dead giveaway because B&M seems to use 4-8 depending on column size and load characteristics but do other manufacturers aside from B&M use the (oval/almond) notched footers?

Now, with the possibility (no matter how small/big it is) of a B&M for HW it means one of these rides could be for there. Now the yellow one is not, nor the white (probably). So that leaves us the teal and the orange.

Hmmm.....

I wish someone could go there and photograph the tags of each color. It would explain wat is lying there and then we know which colors go where in Europe.

I mean there is still a lot unclear about so many. I'm really hope the track for us Dutch is lying on one of those pictures.

A B&M would be a huge investment for HW, have they ever spent $18 million or more on a single attraction in the past? Just curious

Their last large investment was $13.5 million which they've said in a press release that they are surpassing with 2015's investment. How it was worded, it sounded like they were easily passing the $13.5 million mark.