TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

^^Rail ties are a good way of identifying what type of B&M track pieces are. It cant be a large dive machine because the track would be larger and the rail ties would be flat. But that massive support in the background is new, not seen one that big before. Could be part of a tower like on cheetah hunt or a support for the lifthill of the carowinds giga?

You're reading wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much into this. That support is no different than anything else. The "mystery track" is obviously lift track (hence the odd ties, lowered to allow the chain track) and brake/trim track (hence the lowered spine to allow space).

But if you're having fun trying to figure out the mystery, don't let me stop you. I just don't want you to get your hopes up.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guesses as of now

White: Gardaland, Dive Machine (confirmed)

Yellow: Carowinds, Giga "Fury 325" (Ties are straight like non-inverted track)

Blue: China, Flyer (Ties are curved like inverts and flyers)

Orange: Holiday World, Launch(?) (Track is bizarre an not recognizable among current catalog)

I guess we will see, huh?

^^Rail ties are a good way of identifying what type of B&M track pieces are. It cant be a large dive machine because the track would be larger and the rail ties would be flat. But that massive support in the background is new, not seen one that big before. Could be part of a tower like on cheetah hunt or a support for the lifthill of the carowinds giga?

You're reading wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much into this. That support is no different than anything else. The "mystery track" is obviously lift track (hence the odd ties, lowered to allow the chain track) and brake/trim track (hence the lowered spine to allow space).

But if you're having fun trying to figure out the mystery, don't let me stop you. I just don't want you to get your hopes up.

That may well be true, but if it was the top of a lift hill then everything for the chain would already be there. And youre looking at the correct support right? That is in no way normal size. The person who provided the photos noticed it was large also.

Yellow: Carowinds, Giga "Fury 325" (Ties are straight like non-inverted track)

Blue: China, Flyer (Ties are curved like inverts and flyers)

It's quite hard to see but wasn't it supposed to be the other way round? Hadn't someone semi-confirmed that the yellow was for china?

If it was lift track would the white lift track look similar and vice versa?

...youre looking at the correct support right? That is in no way normal size. The person who provided the photos noticed it was large also.

See here

Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland. BFF (big fat f%#@) supports. The support is just about the same size as the track spine. Now look at the support in the first photo of the Flickr album. Same size.

Leviathan. Also Canada's Wonderland. Same story.

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Six_Flags_Great_Adventure/TPRs_Road_to_Cedar_Point_Tour_2011/great_adventure_065.jpg

Look at those beefy bastards. Nitro at Great Adventure.

The only reason that one support seems to be oversize is because it's right next to smaller supports. In comparison it looks huge. In reality it's no different than normal.

Here's the smaller size supports -

Shall I continue?

Edited by KBrylczyk

^Oh i see, but i agree with you on the supports yeah. Then again, if the teal is most likely going to be for Carowinds, the yellow for the flyer and the white already confirmed for Gardaland then this leaves the red track for Holiday world or Efteling right? if that is actually a B&M.

14565257625_8e2446bfb6_o.jpg

Source

Sheikra track.

RCDB

Dive Coaster?

This is most likely something with a wide train (Dive/Wing). Those are the only type of B&M tracks that I've found that prodominently use flat cross ties

Edited by JonnyRCT3

^I still don't think so unless this orange/red dive is of a different structural track design from the white one. The spines and ties still look different from the example red dive in the photo above.

It's possible that it could be just a few pieces with that new rail tie design. But the track doesn't match up either, most evidence is pointing towards something new here, as you said. The large dive machine has very wide track, larger than those pictured. With the white track going to Gardaland and Eftelings dive coaster only being 120ft tall that means it'll have the small track if it is B&M. This track doesn't show any characteristics of a small dive machine, and if it is then why would B&M be changing the track design again?

14564424222_1d51c21a47_c.jpg

Source

Anyone noticed this? These ties look just normal (except the part that the spine is further away).

Let's say these are the same coaster. Makes me think more into the different ties. This could have been calculated that it needed the opening with the train?