TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Magic Mountain offered free sex after every coaster ride, people would still find room to complain. Seriously...

Get over it! Get a Life! Or rather, just go away. Please.

Or, you could go away from this unpleasant thread. Just saying. Anytime one posts "get a life" on the internet, one may want to examine the structure of one's house.

You know, if there were only positive comments about this ride, most of the people who are saying, "stop complaining," would instead be accusing everyone of being SFMM fan-boys.

Its not that its an Unpleasant thread per say, Its just, I'm tired of some who can't seem understand that MM is finally doing something right! The park has been making so many improvements! They're finally bringing their park back up to speed. And with this, They're building a brand spankin new, very awesome, GCI Woodie...and yet, its STILL not good enough?

I just don't get people...

Wow 21 pages of complaining....I agree with a previous poster. This means that Jay and Tim and Neal and everyone else are doing the right job. How many times before has it been brought up that the company's plan is to focus more on family friendly attractions. This coaster is a perfect addition in that respect. Having been on coasters like Raven and more comparably Rumbler, which are easily the #1 and #2 wooden coasters I've ridden (no, i have not ridden El Toro yet) They aren't very tall or very long, but they are quite simply put...FUN. And who cares about the theme. It's a wood coaster, how many other wood coasters are out there that you know of that have any decent theming to them. Not sure how the on board audio is gonna work, but in my experience, having it on there can only add to the ride experience. Bottom line, we are finally getting a decent wood coaster in So Cal and that's really all that matters

This ride is not designed to be the star attraction at magic mountain. It's probably going to be a great ride that solidifies an already impressive lineup of coasters.

If the line is 2 hours long... Magic Mountain did something right.

If you don't want to wait in line, there are 15 other coasters that you can ride.

I don't know what all the complaining is about. The wooden coaster that is probably the best in California, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Giant Dipper, is only 2640 feet long and only 75 feet tall.

Not only is this coaster longer and higher than that, it's replacing a crap coaster which I'm sure no one would rather have there instead.

So maybe we should be happy that one of the worst coasters in history is being replaced with a coaster built by one of the most reputable firms in the industry. So that alone increases the chance of Terminator: The Coaster being a great coaster in itself.

Of course, maybe the only real way of knowing that its a good ride is waiting till we can ride it ourselves!

^ well i just rode the Giant Dipper a week ago and if that's the best woodie in California then we're in trouble... by the way what about "Roar" or "Grizzly" are they any good? Even Ghostrider in a good day (which is rare) can edge out Big Dipper

^^ which are still 2 hours long! j/k LOL

This ride looks like it will be a ton of fun. I loved Troy (Troy) and this looks like a close relative... it's sure to be a winner.

Also, any wooden coaster that goes under itself and travels through the support structure for some time gets HUGE bonus points from me.

I guess you have to put the theming in perspective. If this same idea came out of Disney or Universal, then you may proceed to complain. But how many well themed rides does Six Flags actually have? I don't think theming is really their thing, so you have to take it with a grain of salt and hope the ride is good, which should be all that matters.

Just serve me a cold beer and I'll ride it.

I'll ride it regardless because Lord knows it can't be worse than Psyclone or Anaconda! When I rode Psyclone, I just thought it wouldn't make the next hill. Ride Anaconda over in France and you'll get a new appreciation for any wooden coaster. I thought the coaster would collapse under the cars weight!

Terry

I like the look of this coaster. I went to SFMM in the summer for the first time and thought it was a brilliant day out. I think this ride will make the day better as it will add some variation and balance. They didn't need another huge thrill ride as they've got stacks of them already. A decent mid sized wooden coaster can be enjoyed by a large proportion of the general public.

I would be well pleased if my local park Alton Towers builds one of these to replace corkscrew.

Its not that its an Unpleasant thread per say, Its just, I'm tired of some who can't seem understand that MM is finally doing something right! The park has been making so many improvements! They're finally bringing their park back up to speed. And with this, They're building a brand spankin new, very awesome, GCI Woodie...and yet, its STILL not good enough?

I agree with you. (In fact, I think it looks like it'll be a pretty good ride and a nice addition, and I utterly disagree with the "it's too short and not terra-coaster-y enough" crowd. What I've actually been railing against is people who say "stop complaining" to hide what they really mean, which is "stop disagreeing with me.")

Anyway, imagine you've been in charge of Magic Mountain for the last 10 or 15 years. I mean, you like good rides and everything, but you're saddled with friggin' Psyclone. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to convince accountants and marketers that it's a good idea to tear down a medium-sized wooden coaster and replace it with a medium-sized wooden coaster that doesn't suck. This has probably been a long battle, and maybe it's only the Terminator theme that's gotten the ride the go-ahead.

So, in that case, it's worth it. But, judged on its own, it's still a really questionable theming concept. And I hardly think it's inappropriate to say so, in a civil manner.

None of which is going to stop the next poster from lamenting, "Wow, 22 pages of complaining." But sometimes I at least like to pretend that we can have an intelligent discussion in amongst the noise.

Well, you're right ^

Rather than keep on the waambulance I have questions instead.

How much of that land do they own back there? I heard it wasn't as much as it seems. How will the Magic Mountain Parkway extension affect the park and this ride, and are they putting houses up against the park or commercial?

I think I may have figured out why they themed Terminator around a wooden roller coaster. The wooden nostalgic feel is supposed to represent the past. where Sarah Conner was warned about the future. in the first movie. The new on-board effects represent the apocalyptic future. Past and future. It makes sense to me at least.

What I don't get is. what is a Universals Franchise doing in a Warner Bros. Park (the Looney tunes) shouldn't this ride be in Universals studios Hollywood? I mean..If they had room?