TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, this coaster POV does not pop out to me as a great ride. Seems basic high speed and turns. Not to mention the layout seemed really unusual.

So it's both basic and unusual? I'm not sure you actually meant to say that. But it sounds like you would have preferred a usual ride...? Like a clone...?

^I disagree SO MUCH with your 3500 ft rule. I'm from that state where more than half of our adult woodies are over a mile long. And yet the 2550-ft Blue Streak is the best wood in the state (besides Beast at night, IMO). I'd easily trade 2 of our massive wood monstrosities for one Terminator.

Yay! I knew there was a reason I moved back to California!

The track length seems a little short to me, but judging from the video it looks like a pretty sweet coaster.

What's the smoothness factor on GCI coasters? My husband's worried about that since he broke his neck (no joke) on Psyclone. I know it won't be that rough but he's already saying I'll have to ride it first before him.

-Amanda "This'll give me another reason to come out of lurk mode too" V.

not impressed. i think no coaster should be shorter than 3500ft. i think that sfmm should have waited and gotten an el toro.

Well there goes Wildcat, Great Bear, S:UF, B:TR, and every kiddie coaster on the planet.

And Thunderhead and Raven and Nemesis (among many others).

But Balder survives by 10 feet 6 inches!

Kudos to SFMM and the GCI dudes! I can't imagine people complaining about the length. It's actually longer than Raven, which is one of my favorites because it does what it needs to do and packs a punch without being all drawn out. It's not the size of the wand but how you wave it.

This wll be a good and FUN ride. I for one can't wait to get terminated.

I personally love the "Terminator" theme!!

I've gotten real tired of all of the "super-hero" crap anyway.

In my book, the latest GCI's are pretty cool!! Having ridden all of them except EK, I really enjoy them. OzCat, Troy, and KR are cream of the crop. (Especially OzCat!! At only 2600' also!)

Thunderhead, Renegade and even Thunderbird are still good rides.

Bring it on!

JJ

not impressed. i think no coaster should be shorter than 3500ft. i think that sfmm should have waited and gotten an el toro.

Magic Mountain wants to get a woodie that the entire family can enjoy. El Toro is an awesome woodie, but it definitely beats the crap out of you. Same with Voyage, even though that's an awesome woodie. I'm not much of a twister fan, but the GCI's are really fun and they're very comfortable to ride.

Unfortunately for us, the parks aren't gunna build coasters just to suit one group of park visitors. They're going to build stuff for the many different groups that come to their parks, because they want to please as many people as possible, which means bringing in more money.

El Toro is an awesome woodie, but it definitely beats the crap out of you.

Um, El Toro does *NOT* beat the crap out of you in any way, shape or form.

It's one of the smoothest woodies you'll ever ride.

--Robb "Just wanted to make that clear!" Alvey

Ride layout looks great! Fast and twisty and mostly low to the ground. Beautiful trains, head choppers, tunnels and a station flythrough. Sweet!

Name and campaign... not so great! A Terminator *woodie*? Seriously? "Superman: Ride of Wood" would make as much sense. And to the back of the line I go.....

Ha, I knew someone was gunna say that. I'll explain what I mean and you can agree or disagree.

El Toro's track is very very smooth. It feels like a steel coaster, because of the prefabricated track and it's an awesome ride. It's #1 on my wood list followed by Voyage in #2. The reason I give El Toro the edge is because of it's smoothness and extreme airtime in every hill (especially first drop in back row).

So it's not rough, but it does hit you around quite a bit. When I say that I don't mean like Rolling Thunder, Ghostrider, or Canadian Minebuster. What I mean is that your body is moving quite a bit and it has very intense positive, negative, and lateral g's everywhere. Because it is changing from very intense negative g's to very intense positive g's to negative/ lateral g's, you're body moves more in those directions than it would on a less intense coaster. If you have your hands up, it's gunna hit you around a bit.

I hope my explanation makes sense...

For the sake of everyone on these boards, shutup. We dont need this crap. How many negative reviews have you read about Thunderhead/Ozark Wildcat/Evel/Renegade etc. These coasters kick a**, deal with it.

How can anyone say for sure that the Terminator theme doesn't fit with a wooden coaster? Has anyone seen the Terminator Salvation film yet, after all?

For all we know, in the upcoming film, a cyborg might travel back in time and decide to ride a 1920's style wooden coaster.

I for one hope that such a plot twist proves all you nay-sayers wrong!

For all we know, in the upcoming film, a cyborg might travel back in time and decide to ride a 1920's style wooden coaster...

....and perhaps they have to figure out a way to push the wooden coaster up to speeds of 88 miles per hour to get back to the future...

Nah! That would be just silly.....

--Robb

How can anyone say for sure that the Terminator theme doesn't fit with a wooden coaster? Has anyone seen the Terminator Salvation film yet, after all?

For all we know, in the upcoming film, a cyborg might travel back in time and decide to ride a 1920's style wooden coaster.

I for one hope that such a plot twist proves all you nay-sayers wrong!

Very true! It could be about a backwoods, basket-weaving, barn-raising, Amish-style Terminator. You just never know.