TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

7 hours ago, prozach626 said:

It seems recently businesses sure are throwing around the word "luxury." It's becoming about as useless as the intangible label, "World Class."

Seriously. It seems like every new apartment development the last 5-10 years are "luxury" apartments. I do think it is a good addition to the area though. I would be tempted to stay in one of those cabins with friends if they offered early entry like CP does.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

That's a great concept, I've been wanting to take my kids to stay in the cabins at Cedar Point as soon as they're tall enough for the rides there, and now I've got the same option at Kings Island so that's exciting.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, KIEnthusiast said:

Between this and Orion, King's Island could become an international destination!!!!!

It's a roller coaster and campground not the Mira Costa, let's pump there brakes a little bit lol.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, prozach626 said:

It seems recently businesses sure are throwing around the word "luxury." It's becoming about as useless as the intangible label, "World Class."

I dunno, Zach. Nothing screams luxury to me more than being located directly behind the McDonald's and next to an industrial park off of I-71. Ooh, totally dripping in luxury! 🤣

390831630_ScreenShot2020-12-10at9_14_23AM.png.a8941378f3ad994a3383d0958b3f14ac.png

• Haha 2

Interesting how Cedar Point has so many on site hotels to encourage guests to extend their vacations, and yet Kings Island closed their own hotel years ago. Why won't they build another one?  Knotts has a hotel, and even Carowinds built a new one a few years back.  It just makes no sense why they would not want to capitalize on their guests.
These cabins are a nice start, but they really need a full hotel with on site restaurants. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, pianojohn said:

Interesting how Cedar Point has so many on site hotels to encourage guests to extend their vacations, and yet Kings Island closed their own hotel years ago. Why won't they build another one?  Knotts has a hotel, and even Carowinds built a new one a few years back.  It just makes no sense why they would not want to capitalize on their guests.
These cabins are a nice start, but they really need a full hotel with on site restaurants. 

I didn’t think the park actually owned that place, did they?

I remember that we almost stayed there once but then I read the reviews and it sounded like it was a big-time sh*thole.

1 hour ago, PKI Jizzman said:

This seems like a pretty ambitious project for spring 2021, right? Or is this part of a re-brand of the Great Wolf? 

No, it has nothing to do with Great Wolf. If you look at the map I posted above, they're clearing space out on the other side of Kings Mills Road back behind the McDonalds and industrial park. Great Wolf Lodge is not going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

Guests of the new campground should have a great view of the rotting carcass of The Beach right across the freeway. :lmao:

Wonder if anything's ever going to happen with the big plot of land where the KI Resort and Conference Center used to be?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, pianojohn said:

I'm waiting for someone to say they don't have a hotel, because Cedar Fair doesn't want Kings Island to compete with Cedar Fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 12/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, The Great Zo said:

Guests of the new campground should have a great view of the rotting carcass of The Beach right across the freeway. :lmao:

Wonder if anything's ever going to happen with the big plot of land where the KI Resort and Conference Center used to be?

At first I thought the campground was going to be The Beach repurposed. Now I'm just imagining a bunch of children asking their parents when they can ride the water slides and the parents having to explain that it's closed. Last time I drove past that area, the slides were still there and didn't look like they were going anywhere any time soon.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, pianojohn said:

I wonder if KI signed a non compete clause with Great Wolf when that was built? Didn't KI own than land and sell it to them?

I don't know the whole history behind the Kings Island Resort Hotel, but right now that land is owned by "Warren County Holdings LLC" -- a faceless company with a PO Box and no names attached. They purchased the property from "OHMI Investors LLC" in 2018. That's a whole lot of boring nothingness to basically say I have no clue who actually owns that property or what they're doing with it.

On a similar note, it's interesting that the Camp Cedar property isn't owned by Cedar Fair. The plot is owned by "Kings 71 LLC" which appears to be related to Terra Firma Associates, who are mentioned as co-owners of the camp in the press release on the previous page. Cedar Fair has contracted to manage the property.

• 3 weeks later...

Really getting down into the 50-year-old (factoring in the time period it was built) base structure and ledgers for the Racer trackwork, total ledger-up retrack in these parts for the first time ever.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1340839529872240641

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1344339493965455361

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Really getting down into the 50-year-old (factoring in the time period it was built) base structure and ledgers for the Racer trackwork, total ledger-up retrack in these parts for the first time ever.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1340839529872240641

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1344339493965455361

Glad to see KI giving Racer some much needed attention.  It's still a fun ride, but it was definitely on the rough side when I rode it a few months ago.