TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Maybe not....this year's "Welcoming You Back" page doesn't mention anything about social distancing on rides themselves, while last year's did.  Guess we won't know for certain for another four months.

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get over it man.  You've made your point and we get it; it's silly that this park did not do a Winterfest-lite.  Make the 8 hour drive to KD if you want to experience that, just like all of us with KD

My visit this past weekend was great, even with Saturday being very busy and me missing out on FL until Sunday.    I went into Orion not having followed its construction or watched a POV or even

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

Posted Images

Eye roll emoji x100000. So many locals wanna visit ASAP! Cincy just had the first measurable snow TODAY. Weather in April will be amazing. Cmon CF.

• Like 2

The park opens in May. There's no reason they should be talking about ride capacity and COVID precautions when we don't know what will happen in three months.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if it will just be a standard thing to prepare for the most restrictions knowing it will be easier to ease them versus have to go more severe. I wonder what this later opening means for Coaster Stock though? Guessing nothing good. Rats.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried signing up for KI Pass Perks yet?

I'm getting an error message and wonder if I can only sign up with Kings Dominion, where I renewed my Platinum Pass in Sept. 2019.

4 minutes ago, adamico2 said:

Has anyone tried signing up for KI Pass Perks yet?

I'm getting an error message and wonder if I can only sign up with Kings Dominion, where I renewed my Platinum Pass in Sept. 2019.

Pass perks are tied to point of purchase. So just Kings Dominion. 

1 hour ago, adamico2 said:

Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully I'll be able to shift them over in person, once the park opens.

I wouldn't worry too much.  You'll be lucky to see anything come of Pass Perks if previous years are any indication.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While it's a lot of fun golfing at the Mason Grizzly course next to KI, really wish they were opening next weekend. Or this weekend. No clue why they're waiting till May, it's been at worst 50s and typically 60s around here in March. 

20210317_133416.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Any news or rumors on Coasterstock? It's normally mid May before Memorial day. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year. 😢

5 hours ago, coasternut said:

Any news or rumors on Coasterstock? It's normally mid May before Memorial day. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled again this year. 😢

I do not think it will happen this year, because we would have heard by now

Also, news: 

• Like 1

Oh is it being retracked! I wanted to love Racer, I got a thing for that style, but even for me that thing was rough to near intolerable limits. 

It wasn't too bad last year, when all they had done was the turnaround on the right side.  The trick is sitting in a non-wheel-seat (middle row of a car).

Oh I know the non wheel seat secret, what kind of enthusiast would I be? XD 
Ah this was not last year as you two are referencing, this was 2018, perhaps was running worse then and ya know could've been a bad ride, this more age woodens are temperamental! Don't really matter, glad it's been touched up some more! 

8 hours ago, coasternut said:

They usually have the registration opening the first week of February and nothing this year. If you look on the special events page it says basically to be determined and if the pictures are any hint I don't think they are planning any special events before 4th of July.

22 hours ago, JJLehto said:

Oh is it being retracked! I wanted to love Racer, I got a thing for that style, but even for me that thing was rough to near intolerable limits. 

Oh I agree... I did the marathon the last GKTW held at KI and 8 hrs on the racer made me feel like I needed back surgery especially after so many bottom outs on the downside of the bunny hop right after the hill drop. I had a blast though.