TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

it could be for Dollywood so you cant really tell until more shows up and we have more hints.

Dollywood isn't getting a B&M next year, not sure what made you think that as a possibility.

You know your right! Im an idiot for that one, i have no idea why i said Dollywood

I can't imagine what kind of B&M it would be. Seriously, I can't.

Hey B&M, are you building another sitting coaster? A new-age Kumba would be awesome!

Where do you see a photo showing blue track? If you mean the most recent photo posted, what you are looking at is the shipping label located on the unpainted ends of the track that are bolted together.

I am personally thrilled they are getting a B&M coaster. WIth the height being hinted as "308", I'm thinking its got to be a dive machine or speed coaster. When B&M did their most recent interview, they said all they were waiting on was for a customer to order an LSM launched model, as they are ready to produce them. How awesome would that be if KI were the first to try it!

The place where the sticker is, is not painted usually.

Also, Zack, could that be a photo of Gatekeeper?

I think "WI" in the number on the bottom means "Wing" for "wing coaster".

Reason I think this, is because Chimalongs(sp?) Dive Coaster had "DM" and a series of numbers. DM = Dive Machine

KI could be trying to throw everyone off.

Well seeing what a hit both Leviathan and Behemoth are up in Canada, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was another giga coaster... even though I'd rather see what else B&M has up their sleeves these days besides a 70' taller hyper or a mediocre wing-rider.

I'm still thinking this tweet was just to throw off the enthusiasts... Don loves messing with the coaster community, especially those over at KICentral.

Apparently the tweet is a complete diversion from King's Island. It does match that piece of track, but that is a track piece is from Heide Park's new Wing Rider that already shipped to Europe.

But that's just what I've read. But either way, the WI code on that piece of track does mean Wing Rider though.

On the topic of KICentral, I have heard of a guy posting an idea of a donkey themed coaster. I really am at a loss for words on what to call the new coaster, an invert, a hyper, I just don't know. The way it looks the ride could be paranormal themed with all the teasers and props out, which could align with the Banshee theory. With that, a invert sounds like a geat coaster but then again a hyper could probably sit well in that area. Now the Intamin vs B&M deal, it seems like our B&M will keep it's place in Kings Island with the great successes of Diamondback and other coaster placed in a rather excellent post Paramount park, Canada's Wonderland. Overall, I would like to get a B&M invert for the area, it would fit rather nice with the terrain and the park itself. As long as I get an excellent coaster, I'm good!

I went through their Tweets looking for clues to what els today could be and came across this:

This Friday night's Soak City Dive-In Movie is Monsters, Inc. Included free with park admission.

This Tweet was from Tuesday, so they might mean this event since it is happening today.

I do not believe they're announcing the ride now, I guess we need to wait a month for that.

Regarding that green piece of track at Claremont. According to screamscape, this is likely a flawed piece of track originally intended for the wingrider Flying Over the Rainforest. It was put directly on the asphalt without any wood to keep it from scraping the ground so it is likely scrap steel.

There is still the matter if the grey, unpainted twisty bits of track that were outside recently but seen to be missing (likely in the paint shop) that project is still unknown.

Im going to agree with many of you, I wouldn't expect an announcement during peak season, likely towards the end of summer they'll let the banshee.. I mean cat out of the bag to draw attention to the 2014 season. They are having a lot of fun teasing us on Twitter... But I will be slowly eating my snickers bar in the meantime.

Props to KI for not leaking this coaster by now. Remember, anticipation is part of the fun.

Remember, anticipation is part of the fun.

But not nearly as fun as listening to all the complaints once the ride is announced.

Remember Diamondback was announced on August 6, 2008... but if I'd have to guess this will be announced the second half of August going off of Cedar Fair's trends the past few seasons.