TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

- Guests seem to get worse and worse each year that I go I've never seen guests so inconsiderate of others, and thinking that the rules don't apply to them before. This may have contributed to my earlier point, as I watched numerous folks on Gatekeeper seem to think that the ops weren't talking to them about putting hats in the bins, phones away, etc. Seriously, people...

* I did notice more somewhat "poorly behaved" guests (IE: swearing in front of kids, rude, drunken behavior, etc) during our two visits this year, but thought it was simply a fluke. Chalk it up to people's sense of entitlement & general disrespect of other guests around them - you'll probably encounter that at just about any theme or amusement park these days.

This is so sad but is the case EVERYWHERE. Even internationally now. The movie Idiocracy is truly coming to fruition and it sucks for those of us who are somewhat more evolved.

If they have started showing Mean Streak of all rides on their webcam, then I'm convinced that they are RMCing it. It would be a great way for CP to turn a piece of garbage into a masterpiece. Assuming that this happens, I hope that they are able to change the layout a bit to be more creative because based on the POV, Mean Streak looks like a mostly boring ride with very few airtime opportunities. If it happens, it would finally signal the beginning of Cedar Fair's adventure into the world of RMC. I'm making my first ever trip to CP next year, so this would be perfect timing. I could be wrong, but if does happen, I'll be very happy.

It's just a webcam. One that is known to be moved frequently...

If that is so, then maybe I overreacted. Sorry. Although, it would still be great if it happened.

Also, I think that Mean Streak is a good candidate to get renamed King James because it would bring the ride more popularity regardless of what happens to it.

If they have started showing Mean Streak of all rides on their webcam, then I'm convinced that they are RMCing it. It would be a great way for CP to turn a piece of garbage into a masterpiece. Assuming that this happens, I hope that they are able to change the layout a bit to be more creative because based on the POV, Mean Streak looks like a mostly boring ride with very few airtime opportunities. If it happens, it would finally signal the beginning of Cedar Fair's adventure into the world of RMC. I'm making my first ever trip to CP next year, so this would be perfect timing. I could be wrong, but if does happen, I'll be very happy.

If it did get Iron Horsed there will be plenty of opportunities for airtime. It's basically clone of Texas Giant which now has a ton of airtime now. I still doubt it will happen though

If they have started showing Mean Streak of all rides on their webcam, then I'm convinced that they are RMCing it.

Well, I guess it's going to be Iron Horse Mean Streak now just because the guy in charge of controlling the videocams focused it on Mean Streak. Seems legit...

Assuming they would RMC Mean Streak, I hope they don't do anything Six Flags would do. In my opinion, all Six Flags RMC's except for New Texas Giant look overrated

Yeah, I think the inversions in the ride are just gimmicks. I would MUCH rather have an airtime hill than a zero g roll in an RMC hybrid, which is why NTAG is so good.

The inversions help the park make the ride more marketable. While enthusiasts may find it gimmicky, the park wants to maximize its return on investment and to the general public, inversion sounds better than air-time.

Mean Streak's layout is fairly similar to the Texas Giant, so something along those lines may be likely though.

I think this webcam thing is being blown way out of proportion. Wouldn't Cedar Point close it down before now if they were going to reopen it for 2015? And RMC already has 2 big projects for next year. I'm not saying they can't do more, but I thought they could only do 2 projects until they get their new plant built.

And I can't see them teasing a new attraction for 2016 in the summer of 2014 when they haven't even announced what they are building for 2015 yet.

They move the webcams almost every day and they always try to focus on different rides. I don't think there's anything to this at all.

Also, speaking of the webcam as sub-par as this coaster is it looks absolutely amazing. While I'd love for them to iron horse it it's a shame it wouldn't maintain the same look it has now because it's a beautiful coaster.

I think this webcam thing is being blown way out of proportion. Wouldn't Cedar Point close it down before now if they were going to reopen it for 2015? And RMC already has 2 big projects for next year. I'm not saying they can't do more, but I thought they could only do 2 projects until they get their new plant built.

And I can't see them teasing a new attraction for 2016 in the summer of 2014 when they haven't even announced what they are building for 2015 yet.

I think they could get it open by may if they start by the end of the month. Cedar Fair is generally quicker at construction than SF is.

You guys. I mean yeah we all want it to happen, but still.

I should point out that when I was a kid visiting Cedar Point for the first time, I REALLY wanted to ride Mean Streak just because it LOOKED so amazing, because back then I loved being able to ride through such an immense wood structure. As a kid, I really enjoyed it.

From the average park goer's perspective, I imagine the draw to Mean Streak is just the same. They see the giant wooden coaster and think "WOW. I gotta go on THAT!" The ride presents itself very well, and so putting the webcam on it is a fairly good idea IMO.

Okay, I guess I did blow it out of proportion a bit. I just don't check their website often, and if they do switch the webcam often, then Mean Streak is probably staying as is.

On another note, I think I'd be just as happy to see Mantis be converted to a floorless coaster because that would be another way to improve a reportedly bad ride. If that happens to Mantis, then I guess that might be coaster that gets renamed to King James.

:lmao: You guys. I mean yeah we all want it to happen, but still.

I should point out that when I was a kid visiting Cedar Point for the first time, I REALLY wanted to ride Mean Streak just because it LOOKED so amazing, because back then I loved being able to ride through such an immense wood structure. As a kid, I really enjoyed it.

From the average park goer's perspective, I imagine the draw to Mean Streak is just the same. They see the giant wooden coaster and think "WOW. I gotta go on THAT!" The ride presents itself very well, and so putting the webcam on it is a fairly good idea IMO.

As many bad things as I've heard about it, I do admit, I want to ride Mean Streak, just because it really does look like a beautiful wooden wonderland.

It really is a beautiful coaster. A family actually called it a hidden gem during my first trip to the Point in 04'. They were wrong. Absolutely brutal ride, I wish they'd burn it down.

It sort of reminds me of Ninja at SFOG.. The only reason I'm glad they haven't torn it down, is at night it looks absolutely stunning sitting over the water.

^LOL. EVAC should be fairly quick. I have EVAC'd riders off of Silver Bullet's "Main Brake" numerous times and it doesn't take that long because by that point, most of the Rides department supervisors and managers as well as maintenance personnel are on scene so the process goes pretty smoothly as long as all of the riders are calm and cooperative.

Edited by DJeXeL