TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

^ How did you walk on to WT on a July weekend? I don't understand why the Space Shot always has less of a line than the other. I think I like both of them equally. Great Report.

I went on a Wednesday Thursday and Friday, not a weekend.

^ How did you walk on to WT on a July weekend? I don't understand why the Space Shot always has less of a line than the other. I think I like both of them equally. Great Report.

I went on a Wednesday Thursday and Friday, not a weekend.

Sorry, I looked at an August calender, I feel really stupid right now.

Just wanted to point out something I find interesting- tell me what you think. One of Cedar Point's claims to fame is being voted the "Best Theme Park in the World" by Amusement Today every year since '98. It seems that in USA Today's poll. Cedar Point is about to finish in 4th, behind none other than Six Flags Magic Mountain (as well as SFGadv and Dollywood). My question is, one, I assume these are different, unrelated polls, no? And two, does Cedar Point care/will SFMM care enough to a point that CP may try to get their record back in order with a hard push over the next few years in terms of capital investments? Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I find it interesting, nonetheless.

Just wanted to point out something I find interesting- tell me what you think. One of Cedar Point's claims to fame is being voted the "Best Theme Park in the World" by Amusement Today every year since '98. It seems that in USA Today's poll. Cedar Point is about to finish in 4th, behind none other than Six Flags Magic Mountain (as well as SFGadv and Dollywood). My question is, one, I assume these are different, unrelated polls, no? And two, does Cedar Point care/will SFMM care enough to a point that CP may try to get their record back in order with a hard push over the next few years in terms of capital investments? Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I find it interesting, nonetheless.

Cedar point is voted best amusement park in the world by Amusement today's Golden ticket awards. Also if you look at the USA Today poll, it's for the best theme park. Cedar point is an amusement park NOT a theme park. Cedar Fair doesn't theme a lot, and when they do it turns into Disaster Transport. Cedar Point is still in the position of best amusement park however they have lost the most coasters in one park to SFMM.

Cedar point is voted best amusement park in the world by Amusement today's Golden ticket awards. Also if you look at the USA Today poll, it's for the best theme park. Cedar point is an amusement park NOT a theme park. Cedar Fair doesn't theme a lot, and when they do it turns into Disaster Transport. Cedar Point is still in the position of best amusement park however they have lost the most coasters in one park to SFMM.

I completely agree; however, if the poll is for best THEME park, there is no way you can give SFMM an edge over ANY park on that list. In the top 5, Dollywood SHOULD be in first if it based on theme parks.

Another thing about Six Flags parks ranking high is that on their website they have a link to vote for them on every page of their website, so anyone that goes on their website knows about it, all CP did was post it a couple times on Facebook and Twitter. The link brings you to a page where you don't see the other options. I think it should be Disney, Dollywood, and Silver Dollar City. Looking at the poll again Silver Dollar City isn't even on there as an option.

One little USA Today Poll isn't radically going to change Cedar Point's marketing or future plans. The award they care about the most is Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Award for Best Amusement Park. Even if they did not win the Golden Ticket, I'm sure it wouldn't change too much of anything, if anything at all. They can still proclaim themselves to be the "Roller Coaster Capital." Furthermore, is Cedar Point in direct competition with any of those parks ahead of it on the USA Today Poll? I don't think so, and again, I'm not worried about one silly newspaper poll.

^^ If you follow Tony on twitter, he messes with his followers by subtly hinting at things. Also in a blog CP posted, there were some markers around Blue Streak.Theres a also talk about a new dark ride with the whole Rougarou thing, but theres no concrete evidence there. And rougarou may end up being for the mantis conversion. So ya mantis may be the big thing next year.

My question is why does Wicked Twister even have the back buckle. If I remember right my 12 year old skinny self had to use the forward buckle.

I'm not sure about Wicked Twister since I didn't get to ride it when I was there last year, but I'm a 6'2" guy and I use the back buckle on Possessed.

My question is why does Wicked Twister even have the back buckle. If I remember right my 12 year old skinny self had to use the forward buckle.

I'm not sure about Wicked Twister since I didn't get to ride it when I was there last year, but I'm a 6'2" guy and I use the back buckle on Possessed.

Possessed has very loose restraints, but the ops will staple you.

As for Twister's buckles, they seem to now be screwed onto the third-to-front position, which is the closest to the belt (easiest to buckle.) I guess Possessed might have physically longer buckles. Twister's new system seems less roomy than Possessed. More like the new belts on SFDK's V2 (which are still fairly large sized.) Also, the test seat was redone to make it more similar to the real thing (it used to be much smaller than the already-small seats - the buckle on the test seat was between the back and front buckles on the real seat.) Or at least I think it was redone.