TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

2020: Worlds First 150 ft tall Log Flume themed to 150 ft tall singing mushrooms. Featuring a splashdown consisting of 150 gallons of water, as well as fire and smoke "effects".

flumetrip.thumb.jpg.6603c549f3f21bc0a6b349cdb2e3fd84.jpg

2020 - SkyRide gets extended all the way back to Maverick. coasterbill cuts ribbon at the launch ceremony and gets first public ride. His letter writing campaign pays off.

I know this is a joke and all but I'd be all for it.

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in the past, but down the road, when space really becomes an issue, is there a plan to create off-site parking so the current parking lot can be utilized for more park space? Maybe a monorail or tram could transport guests from parking lot to park. I would imagine some of the current lot would remain for various reasons.

I wouldn't put it past CP to be looking at some sort of parking idea in the long future -say 20-30 year-. could you imagine thought having the park go from the current main parking booth to steel vengeance? That would be one hell of a walk.

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in the past...

Ever since about 1993 when enthusiasts thought there was no possible way to squeeze the supposed B&M invert anywhere within the park boundaries.

Edited by southpuddle

As cool as it would be for them to use the main lot for park space, I would be surprised to see it happen. The investment to do so would be unbelievable. I know CP has been buying up land on the mainland, but it would take large piece of land that would need all of the improvements necessary like electrical with lighting and water services some level in addition to paving and toll booths.

Then there's the cost of the monorail or tram system to get from the lot to the park. And I'm assuming they would want to build out the entirety of the new park space at once, since they would have to move the ticket booths and entry gates

I guess they could eliminate all of the main parking and move the ticket booths and gates to the mainland parking area and force everyone to take the tram. I dont see them eliminating all parking in the main lot area though for a number of reasons.

Regardless they would want to relocate the entrance to it's new long term location, and then can't just leave a giant swath of asphalt in the front of the park and fill it with rides, landscaping, electric and water service, bathrooms, shops, restaurants etc. gradually.

The whole idea just seems so, so, so expensive. Maybe they could do a 2 or 3 level garage and take a portion of the lot or something. But I think there are too many other options to consider before they get into the undertaking of moving most or all of the main parking off the peninsula.