TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

So basically there were about as many rides open as there would be in peak season with 15 mph winds.

Posted Images

I kind of agree with that statement though.

SheiKra and Griffon are smooth as glass, and those regular OTSR's aren't uncomfortable. These new restraints are not necessary on this coaster.

While you are going to feel the airtime, you aren't going to get the insane amount you would get with the original restraints. The best part of riding these dive coasters in the back row are the drops.

^I feel if it wasn't for the lateral hangtime moment after the Zerovg roll, Valravn wouldn't have had the vest restraints. In the same way I reckon Banshee wouldn't have had vest restraints if it wasn't for the inline twist, they're there to combat the laterals.

How long are people going to complain about B&M rides with no airtime?

It's been like 2 decades now. When it comes to any type of "airtime hills" they're over-designed barely floater elements.

Give it up!

Freedom by Rage Against the Machine is my vote for a track.

How long are people going to complain about B&M rides with no airtime?

It's been like 2 decades now. When it comes to any type of "airtime hills" they're over-designed barely floater elements.

Give it up!

Freedom by Rage Against the Machine is my vote for a track.

I'm not complaining. I don't care if a dive coaster has airtime.

Also Fury has ejector air everywhere.

^I feel if it wasn't for the lateral hangtime moment after the Zerovg roll, Valravn wouldn't have had the vest restraints. In the same way I reckon Banshee wouldn't have had vest restraints if it wasn't for the inline twist, they're there to combat the laterals.

Seeing as Banshee's laterals are essentially nonexistent compared to those on older B&Ms, this doesn't make much sense. Most manufacturers are moving to over-the-head lapbars and vest-style restraints, and B&M is no different.

Seeing as Banshee's laterals are essentially nonexistent compared to those on older B&Ms, this doesn't make much sense. Most manufacturers are moving to over-the-head lapbars and vest-style restraints, and B&M is no different.

I think the vest style restraints are just BETTER. They are more comfortable, more "free", and you don't have any problems with headbanging. I don't really see it having anything to do with the lateral elements. I think its just moving on from the more classic OTS that are pretty bad sometimes.

Never had any issue with any B&M sit down restraint, new or old.

I think that the reason they are using these restraints is because they are more comfortable. They are the next generation of restraints on B and M.

I don't think many people have serious "issues" w/ the new style B&M vest restraint but they don't seem to make much sense in a world where every other manufacturer is capable of making lapbar-only rides that invert.

Dive Machines are an exception, I don't think hanging on the lapbar would feel comfortable for everyone (though it would be wonderfully terrifying), but other than that I wish they'd just ditch the vest. An invert like Banshee might not necessarily need a restraint like an inverted GIB - you aren't hanging on it at any point.

I think that the reason they are using these restraints is because they are more comfortable. They are the next generation of restraints on B and M.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for once again adding so much to the conversation. We can always count on you...

^^Doubly agree! The vest hinders my ability to man handle the strippers. Wait! That seems to be a cost saving device as now they don't need to hire muscle to keep me from man handling the strippers!

DAMN YOU CEDAR POINT! YOU THOUGHT OF EVERYTHING!

I think the vest may detract from the holding brake element (just my speculation).

On a serious note, I think it will actually be nice. I think you'll have a better opportunity to get yours arms out and free. I always thought the old restraints kind of limited that. I always tried to get an end seat on Sheikra so I could at least have one arm free. Just my opinion on it, but I've never had any problems with any of B&M's restraints.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for once again adding so much to the conversation. We can always count on you...

Coasterbill, you're so consistent. Don't change. (like the restraints on B and M)

I'm not trying to be whiney. I am surely not one who would rather just not have Valraven.

However, a huge of Sheikra and Griffion for me was being in a such a "loose" restraint. That is quite freaky from up there!

I just kind of wonder if during the holding brake, the vests might tighten up (ala Gatekeeper and Banshee) and put pressure on your shoulder blades, collarbone & chest for the rest of the ride?

While I didn't find the vest restraints uncomfortable at first, my collarbone was quite sore the next day after multiple re-rides during ERT on Banshee and was sore after just a couple of rides on Gatekeeper. I think that it's just the way I am built because others have said that it didn't bother their collarbone at all.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I don't think that they are terrible...and I think that they were a great idea for Maverick versus the old restraints. Too many people complained of the head slamming and neck chopping with the old restraints and most people seem to find the new vest restraints as an improvement. I myself haven't ridden Maverick with the new vests, but that should change in a little over a month.

In summary, I agree with others that B&M should have used the same restraints on Valravn as Griffon and Sheikra. I have ridden both many, many times and never once did I bang my head or end up feeling sore anywhere on my body the next day from riding it.

Valravn will undoubtedly be awesome...I'm just not sure if I would be down for a marathon or excessive ERT on it with those vest restraints should they tighten up during the ride.