TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just in pre-planning mode for a trip soon. I really couldn't crunch more than 1 day at CP this year due to my other trips and time off from work. I'm looking for a trip around the 26th of May.

Would I be able to get most of the good rides some without a Fast Pass, or would it be smart to opt for one? Valravn will be the biggest reason for my trip, but I would also like to hit Maverick, MF, etc. I'm guessing that it would be best to try and hit Maverick as soon as it opens, correct?

Do you have a Platinum Pass? If not STAY ON PROPERTY so you get Early Entry. Seriously...

I'd enter the resort gate and go straight to Maverick. Besides that what you do with Early Entry is up to you. You could hit Valravn, you could probably get a very short wait for Gatekeeper (don't try this once 10:00 hits) or you could hit Millennium Force but do Maverick first.

I wouldn't suggest anyone visiting on a weekday in May get a Fastlane before you get there. It takes 2 minutes to buy them at a shop if you see the lines get long but on a weekday in May the rides may generally be station waits or in the case of Millennium Force down the ramp but no further than the merge point. Maverick's almost a guarantee to be beyond the merge point and Dragster is a pretty safe bet but that's really about it.

Thanks for the tips!

Most of the trip is still up in the air and depends on my friends and their needs. But I will most likely get a Platinum Pass for myself for other trips, and stay on property so my friends can get the early entry. Seeing that I can only stay one day, I chose the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend to try and avoid the crowds.

But either way, my plan is to bullet straight for Maverick and work my way back down the park. Valravn is the main reason for the trip, so if that's open I'll probably do that during early entry as well.

Breaker's Express is also a great option. You still get early entry, but it's less than half the cost of Breakers. My room was clean and comfortable, the staff was nice, and it was a 5 minute drive to the park. I also bought the breakfast coupon for an extra 10 bucks that got me breakfast at Dairy Queen AND free parking.

Testing has begun on the ride. There are some videos, but not very good ones.

The videos aren't very good?? Are you sure?? I thought the testing video Cedar Point posted that had the on ride clips was a good video, and Tony's periscope was a decent video.

Looks like the drop chain and block breaks aren't being used in the test video, and the train moves through the course at it's fastest possible pace. I'm sure this will change (definitely for the drop chain of course), but man do I love the pace it currently goes through the elements.

^ Tony stated that the holding brake and block brake are not being used currently during testing because of the really low temperatures.

Now if we could just get them to leave the block brake off during normal operations!!

Just in pre-planning mode for a trip soon. I really couldn't crunch more than 1 day at CP this year due to my other trips and time off from work. I'm looking for a trip around the 26th of May.

Would I be able to get most of the good rides some without a Fast Pass, or would it be smart to opt for one? Valravn will be the biggest reason for my trip, but I would also like to hit Maverick, MF, etc. I'm guessing that it would be best to try and hit Maverick as soon as it opens, correct?

Do you have a Platinum Pass? If not STAY ON PROPERTY so you get Early Entry. Seriously...

I'd enter the resort gate and go straight to Maverick. Besides that what you do with Early Entry is up to you. You could hit Valravn, you could probably get a very short wait for Gatekeeper (don't try this once 10:00 hits) or you could hit Millennium Force but do Maverick first.

I wouldn't suggest anyone visiting on a weekday in May get a Fastlane before you get there. It takes 2 minutes to buy them at a shop if you see the lines get long but on a weekday in May the rides may generally be station waits or in the case of Millennium Force down the ramp but no further than the merge point. Maverick's almost a guarantee to be beyond the merge point and Dragster is a pretty safe bet but that's really about it.

Thanks for the tips!

Most of the trip is still up in the air and depends on my friends and their needs. But I will most likely get a Platinum Pass for myself for other trips, and stay on property so my friends can get the early entry. Seeing that I can only stay one day, I chose the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend to try and avoid the crowds.

But either way, my plan is to bullet straight for Maverick and work my way back down the park. Valravn is the main reason for the trip, so if that's open I'll probably do that during early entry as well.

If you are staying on the property and getting FL +, I would hit Millennium first when the early entry opens. The reason for this is that the FL line is down the ramp while Maverick you can walk right into the station.