TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

Can I make a crazy prediction?

Given the fact that it's almost always blowing off the bay, I don't think wind will be a serious problem for this coaster. It's almost never facing a headwind at high altitude or at low speeds like Gatekeeper, Raptor and Dragster (the rides most likely to close for wind). Obviously once you get up to wind speeds that close rides like Millennium Force it may be a different story but even then this thing might be pretty resilient.

I'm speculating but I'm optimistic.

You're implying that someone besides a coasterbill would be staring at a Cedar Point webcam 24/7/365. And coasterbill knows what a valley is.

It's has the roar on it!!!

Just watched the periscope, can't wait to ride it!!!

It definitely has some roar but I'm not very confident yet as, for some reason, there have been quite a few new B&Ms with great roar during the first tests and then they don't seem to be quite as loud when they open. Or maybe it's just me

I think it would be awesome to ride Valravn with no brakes like in the testing video. That dive off the brake run would be sweet.

You obviously have not ridden a dive coaster.

Both dives are great in the back row at normal operating speed.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I think any enthusiast would enjoy riding any coaster without the MCBR regardless if they've ridden that type of coaster before, or not.

That being said THANK YOU to the fella that linked to that FB video of Valverononenomenonass testing. The ride looks VERY fun. I will be there the second week of May with my uncle and I can't wait!!

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I think any enthusiast would enjoy riding any coaster without the MCBR regardless if they've ridden that type of coaster before, or not.

It's has the roar on it!!!

Just watched the periscope, can't wait to ride it!!!

It definitely has some roar but I'm not very confident yet as, for some reason, there have been quite a few new B&Ms with great roar during the first tests and then they don't seem to be quite as loud when they open. Or maybe it's just me

The roar is VERY similar to Banshee, love that sound! Though nothing beats the old school B&M roar of Raptor, Mantis etc;

I think it would be awesome to ride Valravn with no brakes like in the testing video. That dive off the brake run would be sweet.

Both dives are great in the back row at normal operating speed.

Um, I've ridden Griffon and Sheikra. I had one ride on Sheikra where the MCBR didn't grab as hard as it usually does. It was awesome.

You're implying that someone besides a coasterbill would be staring at a Cedar Point webcam 24/7/365. And coasterbill knows what a valley is.

You're mostly right but I'm generally staring at Cam 2... because Sky Ride.

That being said THANK YOU to the fella that linked to that FB video of Valverononenomenonass testing. The ride looks VERY fun. I will be there the second week of May with my uncle and I can't wait!!

What are the dates that you are going in May!?

I'm only going for 1 day, and that day is Monday May 16th! I am so stoked, and I'm hoping a Monday will be less busy!

$45 tickets online for admission is a steal! However for $115 you can get Admission AND Fast Lane Plus which I am considering but really it depends if the park is going to be super busy? Anybody have an idea of what the crowds might be like? I have a hunch it won't be bad, but who knows. Whenever I've gone to this park it's been super packed.

I only ask because the $115 Fast Lane deal is online ONLY so I'd have to buy them before we got to the park. I'm thinking about just playing it safe and buying it no matter what. I only get to visit the park about every 5 years so I like to take as much advantage of all the rides as I can when I'm there.

Valvereenomenonassticali here I come!

I only ask because the $115 Fast Lane deal is online ONLY so I'd have to buy them before we got to the park. . .

I know I am different than 99.99% of coaster enthusiast... But I'd buy the Fast Lane deal online before I went to the park. The worst case is that you get there and you don't "need" the Fast Lane. But:

1.) It's money that (by the time you visit the park) has already been spent.

-and-

2.) Even if it only saves you 10 minuets... That's 10 minutes saved that could be spent on another coaster!!

Like I said, I know I am in the minority, but when we visit parks we ALWAYS buy the "line skip" in advance.

I'm only going for 1 day, and that day is Monday May 16th! I am so stoked, and I'm hoping a Monday will be less busy!

That's crazy, I'm flying in that night and going the next day. I'm not seeing any events for my day or your day and being schools are in session that week I figure it wouldn't be an issue. However I have purchased a season pass while you are going for the one day ticket and only visit every 5 years. Doing the math you are saving ten dollars by buying advanced. I guess it is up to you is that worth it or not. (Maybe see how fast they sell out?) Personally I would wait until arriving. Hope that helps.