TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hi guys, first post on here.

Check out the webcam, has Raptor just stalled?

If not, what're they doing with the crane in that position?

If Raptor valleys it's usually on the upward helix to MCBR. Train would be going full speed at the location the crane is so something catastrophic would've had to happen to the train for it to valley at the bottom of the drop.

I'm guessing they've assembled the largest seagull sh*t removing task-force known to man and are finally beginning the multi-phase, multi-year project of removing all of it.

... or you know, track work / inspections.

HaHa!

There are a lot of great choices in Grand Rapids Mi. Beer City!

Anyways, about this massive land clearing.....

Excuse me? Some of us farther south may take offense to that. Kalamazoo's craft brew scene is growing really fast and we already have Bells anchoring. Of course I'm just throwing a fun argument up...but between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, Southwest Michigan is truthfully beer heaven! Lets see more bars like the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange too. Nothing like grabbing an expensive beer for cheap because the market crashed (and Bells, Great Lakes, Founders and many other regional, national and international creations are featured there).

Anyway, yeah....back to this land clearing...you bring that Hofbrauhouse, I'll bring the money (and credit cards). Enough said!

But, in all honesty, I am expecting a Dive Coaster and am rather excited about it if it does come to fruition.

Coming from Portland, Oregon, I was absolutely impressed how many breweries Kalamazoo had given how big the town is. There were some quality beer, though nothing that I think could top the stuff coming out of Bend, Or.

Raptor could have used a repaint even more so than Mantis. For such a visible coaster, it's becoming an eyesore. That's before you consider it's (incredibly) 90s paint scheme and trains.

2 tones of geeen, black, and pink? yeesh.

They'd probably rename it HawkHawk or something

Raptor could definitely use some love in the cosmetics department, and by some I mean a lot. However, I think the repaint/conversion project that will open as Rougarou wins out because of the potential for higher return on investment. New paint looks stunning, but when it comes to a tight budget the higher ROI projects are going to rocket to the top of the priority list. Hopefully in the near future Raptor gets a refresh or even a bold change of color. I wouldn't mind if the color scheme was simplified to have only one color for the track and one color for supports as I am a firm believer in the "clean look" that is pretty popular these days.

Repaint Raptor and you get rid of the best "themed" ride in the park There's more bird poop on that ride than any other I've seen there.

Granted this was the summer it opened and they may have cleaned up the area but the pooping seagulls on the top of the stadium near windseekers queue was the best interactive queue line i've ever been in . You stand in line laughing and watching as people nervously approach an empty straight of the queue where the floor is covered in seagull poop and you look up and see 2-3 seagull butts just waiting at the top of the stadium. Then you get to watch people run screaming as fast as they can through that straight when a gap opens up on the other side. Then before you know it, it's your turn to run the gauntlet. And after your through you can go back to watching other people go through it again. I had more fun in the line than on the actual ride.

P1040793.thumb.jpg.20b911169e6af37e32f055bcebd61d9a.jpg

Those seagulls had really good aim, they always hit the same spots.

When I worked there, everyone told me that you will get crapped on at least 1 time during the summer. I managed to get away clean my first summer...but my second summer, I got crapped on 3 times.

I also accidentally killed two of them during my employment. In both instances they flew in front of my car on my way home. I later found out that it's apprently a $500+ fine because they are endangered

Repaint Raptor and you get rid of the best "themed" ride in the park There's more bird poop on that ride than any other I've seen there.

Granted this was the summer it opened and they may have cleaned up the area but the pooping seagulls on the top of the stadium near windseekers queue was the best interactive queue line i've ever been in . You stand in line laughing and watching as people nervously approach an empty straight of the queue where the floor is covered in seagull poop and you look up and see 2-3 seagull butts just waiting at the top of the stadium. Then you get to watch people run screaming as fast as they can through that straight when a gap opens up on the other side. Then before you know it, it's your turn to run the gauntlet. And after your through you can go back to watching other people go through it again. I had more fun in the line than on the actual ride.

^^ That picture is bringing back some traumatic memories for me... one day when Mantis was down all day for mechanical reasons, they sent us all to be sweeps for our shift. I got stuck scrubbing the bird crap off of the Stadium for three hours...

Yes and no, I see everyones point on it's new trains nothing more but to me I came around to counting it a new credit. You may not be changing the track but you are changing the classification of roller coaster from stand-up to floors. From standing to sitting down so yes its a little more complicated than just new trains. At first I was like yeah not a new credit, but after following the construction this winter I've come along to the idea that it's going to be a completely different experience so yup I would say new credit.

But again it's everyones own personal list so you decide whether you think it's a new credit or not.

I consider an "experience" as a credit. I consider rides like Gemini and The Racer to be one credit because it's just one experience. Then you have rides like Dragon Challenge which has two completely different layouts. However, I still consider it just one credit. Some people prefer one track and some like the other, but that's just the same as saying I prefer gatekeeper in back left rather than back right. Still all just one experience even though it's a different feeling ride.

When it comes to Rougarou, I might be a little biased, but I will count it as new. This ride is gonna be insane. It's definitely a new and very different experience and I'll count it as a new credit because of that.

That's like saying Gwazi was a new credit with the installation of the Millenium Flyers, it's simply not.

I don't think that's the best comparison. I wouldn't even say comparing Sheikra floorless to Sheikra non-floorless would be a good comparison. World's of Fun opened a sit-down coaster (Screamroller) that was later converted to a stand-up coaster (Extremeroller), and RCDB lists it as one ride. Then again, RCDB does the same for the Texas Giant and New Texas Giant which I would not consider one credit. I'm torn here and, even though the layout is the same, I do think the change will be significant so I'm counting Mantis and Rougarou as separate credits.

I'll go ahead and add that I could care less about credits, I'm just looking for a good coaster...so yeah, waiting in line for Rougarou I'll probably be thinking about Maverick.