TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm also disappointed with Suicide Squad. There seemed like there was some sort of "opening ceremony" show at 7pm, as there were huge crowds. But after waiting a long time, we essentially didn't see anything, and suddenly crowds dispersed. I guess some people saw something, but I certainly wasn't one of them! Then we just saw them posing in front of huge crowds. The worst part for us is that the projection mapping wasn't even working, and we waited around 20-30 minutes for it.

I hate to say it, but I think they need to start charging high prices, just to keep some of the crowds down. Even Goldrusher had a line going down the ramp, and Scrambler had an over half full queue, which never really happens unless the park is just mobbed.

They can copy Discovery Kingdom by doubling the cost and setting up fewer mazes.

That was actually a pirate themed maze at Knott's years back, got the names mixed up! I would love if Six Flags collaborated with mycotoo inc on more mazes (Aftermath was designed by them---the company is led by David Wally of Queen Mary Dark Harbor fame). Then the wristband would actually be worth more!

I was at the park yesterday - Monday, and it was dead. Less than 1 1/2 parking lots full and no buses. All rides were fully staffed and I had a great time! I really wasn't expecting that.

well, that sucks, for me. lol i went last monday and it was a zoo. was thinking about trying tomorrow.

I was at the park yesterday - Monday, and it was dead. Less than 1 1/2 parking lots full and no buses. All rides were fully staffed and I had a great time! I really wasn't expecting that.

Be thankful for your unexpected happiness.

Tomorrow is expected to be much busier since most schools get the day off (unlike Columbus day).

And another reason it might (will) be busier, its a BAFF day. If you didn't use the free friend on the 3rd its good on the 12th. But please no fright fest is in play.

Crowds were not limited to just SFMM. Universal extended park hours by an hour.

I was at Universal today and it was indeed nuts. I think the park was slated to close at 6pm originally, but then they changed it to 7:30 and then 8:30. Had no idea today would such a chaotic theme park day!

My wife and I tried to go by the park Saturday night only to find the parking had not only filled the regular lot but also the whole gravel lot and was going into the backside of Feedmill in a lot I didn't even think the park owned. I knew they owned the land across Feedmill along the long side of the parking lot against the wash but didn't realize they were using the land that was at the very end of the parking lot next to some old abandoned house out there. It's bad enough that the buses don't even go to the gravel lot but to make people park even farther than that is crazy. That is probably over a mile walk to the front gate.

Needless to say, we turned around and went home.

Can someone tell me how much the park is crowded in August (likely in the middle of the month)?

It will be my first visit, and I will travel from Italy. I need to get as many ride as possible on x2, and hopefully riding all the rides several times in two days Maybe the flash pass will be the smartest choice?

Can someone tell me how much the park is crowded in August (likely in the middle of the month)?

It will be my first visit, and I will travel from Italy. I need to get as many ride as possible on x2, and hopefully riding all the rides several times in two days Maybe the flash pass will be the smartest choice?

It's usually pretty busy on the weekends. I'd say it's best to go sometime Monday thru Thursday.

It's usually pretty busy on the weekends. I'd say it's best to go sometime Monday thru Thursday.

+ if you can go later in the month, instead of the middle, it will be less crowded because most schools are back in session. Last week in the month would be best.

Does anyone know how are the crowds for fright fest? I'm going for the first time to the park this saturday (22nd) and sunday (23rd) and I wanna know if I should purchase The Flash pass, thank you!

Saturday: Major Slammage

Sunday: Not as Major Slammage

Yes, you should get a flash pass if you want to get on any substantial number of rides.