Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 161: DisneySEA expansion: Frozen, Tangled, Peter Pan
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I will still hold out hope. Reason is, it was completely obvious that the parking lot area was NOT going to be a third park. And was ALWAYS going to be expansion/parking for the 2 existing parks. So, this really inst anything new; I'd guess just people realizing what makes the most sense. :Pr

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:10 pm

^ I agree. But honestly, the thought of the third park, towering above both parks,
and it being an above-the-ground (with elevated walkways) themed park...... <drools>

Long live (the idea of) DisneySKY! ;)
meanwhile-in-tokyo-disneyland.png
(from The Net)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 09, 2018 2:24 pm

:)

TDLRからの新しい発表のために誰か
が5月の日付を聞いたことがあります
か?私は心配しています! (o;

=)

TDLR kara no atarashī happyō no
tame ni darekaga 5 tsuki no hidzuke o
kiita koto ga arimasu ka? Watashi wa
shinpai shite imasu! (O ;

:mickey:

Has anybody heard any May date mentioned,
for the new announcement from TDLR?
I am getting anxious! (o;

I also checked for holidays in May, for Japan.
But they've all come and gone, within May's first week.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Fri May 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:P.S. If the store doesn't stock soundtrack CDs anymore, or it's all
moved to a different store, I would love to know, thanks!

I just became an Annual Passholder so I'll check to see if that store still carries CDs next weekend. Also Emporio near the entrance of DisneySea carries many CDs including Big Band Beat. You can also find many of these soundtracks at a local Tsutaya found in most major cities :)

And as far as the DisneySky rumors nothing has been announced yet, but I'm leaning towards it being expansion as opposed to a third gate. And as far as a Wakanda land that's probably unlikely because Marvel (and Star Wars) is much less popular here than in the US. Can't see any Marvel stuff or Galaxy's edge going up in a park where star tours rarely has a wait over 20 minutes on super crowded days :Pr

I just want a Soarin' opening date already!! :lmao:
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 11, 2018 11:46 pm

^ Thanks for the (where-to-find) CDs info. I remember back in 2013, there was no cds sold in the Emporio, and we were advised to check out their "Post Office" up near the Italian eateries. But no store had most of both parks' cds, at that time, like the House of Greetings Shop did, in the Bazaar TDL.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Thanks for the (where-to-find) CDs info. I remember back in 2013, there was no cds sold in the Emporio, and we were advised to check out their "Post Office" up near the Italian eateries. But no store had most of both parks' cds, at that time, like the House of Greetings Shop did, in the Bazaar TDL

Hey so I just went to the park yesterday and it must have slipped my mind but there's only 3 CD's in Emporio at the moment, sorry for the misinformation. The "Post Office" would be "Il Postino Stationary", right next to Zambini brothers. I'm attaching some pics (along with Soarin updates because why not)
78A12946-14D3-4439-A144-19870BF9608F.jpeg
Emporio's CD selection (just 35th anniversary stuff, but that pillow is AMAZING, a must buy)

8BCFF381-5934-44C6-B52A-95DF6FBC7657.jpeg
When you enter the park head towards the right (away from American Waterfront) and it's along the main walkway

DF7B66D1-80C7-4E76-94D6-B0E47043D8E8.jpeg
The sign is very small and easy to miss so keep your eyes peeled

892BF640-2D76-4A4D-95FD-A4660BAE39E1.jpeg
Good selection (including Big Band Beat!)

BC3272F7-2EE0-49E8-A0DD-79CD89988912.jpeg
More CD's

58F2E6AF-4300-4D42-B7B6-2AF6ADF80EFA.jpeg
MOAR. Plus some very cool photo books

9B8B00BF-3B5D-4F70-88DF-573ABAD177D5.jpeg
Soarin updates (not much to see though)

A8689CC5-B828-4138-8F93-158A21253F92.jpeg
Just to give you an idea of the depth of the show building

7E8AADC8-E4DF-46A6-B6D9-4E261DE1F4BB.jpeg
A crane attached to... nothing!

2732359F-8F22-40B5-8E77-078BF6FE8657.jpeg
The view from atop Fortress Explorations, you can see Big Thunder Mountain if you look closely

6DE9EA65-70AB-44D4-95FA-FA47F05D1C00.jpeg
An artsy shot just for fun :)
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Spider-Man, Monster's Inc. Ride and Go Seek (TDL)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 am

^Thanks for the cool photos. That pillow IS ridiculous! From my trip I feel like I both do and don't know where that store is in the park, if that makes sense, lol.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 am

^^ Awesome! Thank you for finding what you found, in regards to the CDs, etc. Much appreciated.

Great photos, too! Hope the progress on Soarin' is going well...and fast enough for you, lol. :wink:

And I agree, that 35th Anny PILLOW - a must have! And what is that larger "card" thing,
beside the two 35th Anniversary CDs? I can't read the print on it.

Also, do you have any idea if the Disney Store in Ikspiari would have the two parks CDs, too?
Or even Bon Voyage, for that matter? Great store for everything from both parks, by the way!
That's where I started my (now EPIC) Tomica toy vehicles Tokyo Disney Collection. (They're in
the same photo below, on the right.)

M04_Collectibles_Souvenirs.jpg
Souvenirs from the 2011 TPR Japan Tour, including 3 cds from TDLR at the
bottom: Big Band Beat, Mickey's PhilharMagic, and Easter Wonderland.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 am

cal1br3tto wrote:^Thanks for the cool photos. That pillow IS ridiculous! From my trip I feel like I both do and don't know where that store is in the park, if that makes sense, lol.

I totally understand, a lot of the buildings in Mediterranean Harbor blend in with each other. It's across from Zambini Brother's pizza if that helps haha it's very easy to miss!!

Nrthwnd wrote:^^ Awesome! Thank you for finding what you found, in regards to the CDs, etc. Much appreciated.

Great photos, too! Hope the progress on Soarin' is going well...and fast enough for you, lol. :wink:

And I agree, that 35th Anny PILLOW - a must have! And what is that larger "card" thing,
beside the two 35th Anniversary CDs? I can't read the print on it.

Also, do you have any idea if the Disney Store in Ikspiari would have the two parks CDs, too?
Or even Bon Voyage, for that matter? Great store for everything from both parks, by the way!
That's where I started my (now EPIC) Tomica toy vehicles Tokyo Disney Collection. (They're in
the same photo below, on the right.)

No prob! I'll be at the resort on Sunday so I can check in the Disney Store and Bon Voyage, I actually haven't gone to those stores yet (I already buy too much inside the parks haha). And yes!! I love your Tomika collection! I also have the Journey ride vehicle and I'm probably gonna pick up the 35th anniversary monorail next. There's actually a secret shop outside the entrance of DisneySea if you walk along the pedestrian route that has a lot of Tomika, no park ticket neccessary :)

The 35th anniversary pillow is SO COMFORTABLE it's incredible haha. And that print is just another 35th anniversary CD. As for Soarin progress I'm patiently waiting! I could hear hammers and drills walking past it, which sounded like construction but knowing DisneySea that could have just been immersive audio theming :lmao:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

^ It's going to be interesting, to see how much of the crowd runs to Soarin',
instead of Midway Mania and/or Tower of Terror, when TDS opens in the mornings.

No prob! I'll be at the resort on Sunday so I can check in the Disney Store and Bon Voyage...

I am soooooo jealous of you right now, being able to do that so often, LOL! :mickey:
F_01TokyoDisneySeaEntryPort.jpg
After my first view of TDS and Mt.Prometheus. TPR 2007 Japan Tour. First of Three Visits to TDLR.
2018-DC35-01.jpg
These are the two 35th Anniversary TOMICA vehicles I'm going to get,
available in June. This one is for Tokyo Disneyland...
2018-DC35-02.jpg
And this one is for Tokyo DisneySea. These are called Dream Cruisers. Awesome!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!