Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: COASTER FREAK 11 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:20 pm

This is one of the reasons my wife loves HKDL so much since it's one of the few Disneys where we don't have to plan anything in advance and can just go since it never gets too busy. Honestly, with our trips to the Tokyo parks, we just try and plan out 2 fast passes a park, one to dash for opening and the second when the next time comes up if they are still available counting anything else as a bonus. I've been on days where the lines are 3 hours across the board when it should be quite due to snow keeping crowds away previous days and still managed. Like others have said if you end up a slave to your schedule, you might just end up frustrated and not enjoying yourself as much if you miss deadlines or some passes have already gone.

I remember seeing somewhere the park doesn't allow camping for parades and shows and being shocked on my first trip to see people setting up on blankets mid-afternoon for Fantasmic at least 4 before it starts. To them, long waits and crowding are just part of the norm. Just be like that and relax and you'll have fun. ;)

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 am

Did anyone hear more about this? The site claims that the Oriental Land Company have officially announced their intent to make a 3rd park by 2025: https://mainichi.jp/articles/20171130/k00/00m/020/136000c

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 am

^Nice find! Is it construction finished by 2025 or starting in 2025 though? My Japanese is not so good!

The article says more details in May...I'm excited! Think it's still the rumored "Air" park or maybe a Studios?

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 am

^Since the article used まで, should mean finished by 2025.

Also worth pointing out total projected investment will be around 300 billion yen (DisneySea cost 331 billion in 2001), and is suspected to include some Japanese theming to cater to international tourists (Disney Japan Adventure?).
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Did anything in the article mention where (perhaps) this third park was going to be built?
Or was it just the announcement about the park, the cost and the probable opening year?
Just curious here.

EDIT: Also, our current plans are to not visit TDLR until 2024. But this announcement may
push our plans ahead a year, if it does indeed open in 2025. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:46 pm

^Mostly just announcing the project is in the works, though as pointed out previously, they are projecting to announce more specifics in May.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Nothing on the page (translated by Google) made any type of mention to its location. But, there are some places it could go without having to make new land.

Personally, I could see the park going on the peninsula to the South East of the current resort. If the OLC were able to acquire all the land remaining South East of Ikspiari that would make for a great expansion of a third park, parking, and an Ikspiari expansion!

Hopefully there is a big announcement in May!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Half a year before they make an announcement? That's cruel, LOL. :mickey:
But I understand, it's all about the planning, etc.

^ And, if it happened that way with the land, etc? Three parks in TDR? :lover:

EDIT TO ADD: Apparently, the year 2025 might not mean the park will be open by that time.
Here is a quote from www.tdrexplorer.com which covers a lot of stuff going in all the Asian Disney parks...

Sources say that Oriental Land Company has started negotiations with Walt Disney Company. Disney will have to approve the expansion plans and Walt Disney Imagineering will take the lead designing the new areas. Details will be announced by May 2018, with construction rumoured to start by 2025.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:15 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Discussions around the internet seem to point to this park having a Japanese-centric theme. If true, are we looking at Disney's Japan Adventure?

Because if so I'm totally down for Shinkansen Screamin'. :lol:
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Here's another quote from http://www.tdrexplorer.com ~

The ¥300 billion ($2.7 billion) plans would see both Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea expand to include new lands and attractions. One of the new areas could be Japan-themed to help attract new visitors. With Japan’s ageing population and a boom in tourists from other Asian countries, it makes sense to diversify the Park’s appeal to foreign guests looking for a uniquely Japanese experience.

So this Japan-themed area, would/could be part of either TDL or TDS. Or both. Maybe.
Or it might even be a part of Ikspiari, as they suggest, that could be expanded, too.

But even though Disney's Japan Adventure sounds like a crazy venture, only Tokyo Disney would probably do it, lol.

And kick the butt out of DCA! :smile:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!