TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

I think it's going off discussion but i'll try and put a cap on this since Osaka is only a 90 minute flight we've been checking in quite often: The country is very likely to be opening up in the late summer or fall months but it's pointless debating until there's some kind of official announcement.

In terms of this discussion about closed vs not closed, yes tourists still can't go in. Bert is also right that you can go for business through his work. HOWEVER, you need a sponsor and Japan as a culture are pretty respectful of rules. If you've gone on a business visa and someone be it a person or company have put their name and reputation out there by sponsoring you, you're expected to try and be a part of the corona fight by limiting what you are doing to business. I'm sure you could do a trip to TDL while there but your sponsor might not be too impressed.

• Like 4

Tokyo Disney Resort has announced the debut of Disney Premier Access for two of its most popular attractions, available starting on May 19th, 2022!

1990351579_ScreenShot2022-05-13at10_21_10AM.thumb.png.89c1a466649ad95e34d1cb897aa6fe10.png

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_olc/auto_20220513546228/pdfFile.pdf 

Tokyo Disney Resort® announced that Disney Premier Access will become available on the official Tokyo Disney Resort® App on May 19, 2022. This new digital service provides guests with the convenience of reserving certain Park attractions by using the app while at Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea® Parks. By using this new service, guests will have more flexibility, be able to customize their visit, and get the most out of their Disney day.

With Disney Premier Access at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, guests will have the ability to select their preferred time and make reservations to experience attractions. This service, available for a fee, will provide options for how guests experience the Parks, offering convenience and added flexibility for those who want to personalize their experience and get the most out of their visit.

For the two attractions eligible for Disney Premier Access, Standby Pass is suspended starting April 25, 2022. However, guests can still experience these attractions as usual by waiting in line.

The two Parks will continue to operate with the goal of creating a seamless guest experience by reducing the daily capacity to a number lower than before the outbreak of COVID-19, and by introducing innovative services that will empower our guests to enjoy the Parks their way and continue to respond to guest needs.

Disney Premier Access Experiences

• Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast
  • Soaring: Fantastic Flight

Price

• 2,000 yen per access - All prices include tax.

The above information is valid as of the date of this release, and is subject to change. - Please check the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/) for information about the available date, price, etc., and instructions on the available Disney Premier Access experiences. - Depending on the circumstances and Park operating conditions, Disney Premier Access may not be available for purchase on the day of visit.

Visit https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/tdl/guide/disneypremieraccess.html for more details.

dpa_1_1.jpeg

dpa_tdl_2.jpeg

dpa_tdl_3.jpeg

dpa_tdl_4.jpeg

dpa_tdl_5.jpeg

dpa_tdl_6.jpeg

^ That's what we're actually planning to do, when we finally get over there in a few years' time.

Run to Soarin' after the rope drop in DisneySea, LOL! Then, park hop, and hustle over to Beauty/Beast Land, etc.

Or hit them on two separate days. That should work, right?  Right??? :mickey:

1081584341_ResizeofIMG_1082.JPG.8a6c31ec502c4e63b92d80642aff99f9.JPG

We miss this. Taken by my David.  At the end of the TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 2 weeks later...

After being closed to tourists for two years, Japan is opening its borders to visitors from 98 countries and regions.

It marks the most significant moment so far in the country's slow relaxation of its Covid-19 entry restrictions.

But some restrictions will remain, including a requirement to visit the country as part of a tour group.

Japan implemented some of the world's toughest virus control regimes, and banned foreign visitors from the delayed 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.

Travel restrictions had already been relaxed for foreign residents and business travellers, and the government recently raised the limit on daily foreign arrivals to 20,000 from 1 June.

Since mid-March international students have also been permitted entry.

From 10 June, tour groups will be allowed to enter the country. However the nearly 100 countries and regions, which includes the UK, will be divided into three risk categories - red, yellow and blue - which will determine whether or not visitors can bypass quarantine measures, according to Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Japan has largely remained closed since 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a move that has hit the tourism industry hard.

A major part of Japan's economy, tourist arrivals fell more than 90% in 2020 - nearly erasing inbound tourism.

Travel agencies have responded warmly to the news.

"We're continuing to see a lot of interest in visiting Japan despite it being off limits for nearly two years. I'm sure there will be a rush in bookings as soon as borders are fully open." said Zina Bencheikh, managing director of Intrepid Travel.

Other tour operators noted the cost of Japan's closure.

"The Japanese government is being very cautious," said James Greenfield, managing director of Japan Journeys.

"They want the first tourists to enter on guided tours and we're ready to do this and to do whatever is necessary to keep our customers happy and to recoup some income after more than 2 years without any," he said.

Source
Since the discussion about tourist visas happened here I figured I'd post it here. Borders are reopening but you need to go through a tour group for now.

^ Well, that's a great start. 😀 We want to return to Tokyo Disney Resort in a few years from now.

Hopefully we'll all be able to come back and visit, group or no group.

IMG_2690.thumb.JPG.30fe82fdfb7d841b692fc2c77d29e12a.JPG

Way back when. David and me & The TDL Castle, as part of the TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A couple of recently-taken photos of ongoing construction of Fantasy Springs, in DisneySea. They were taken, from above...

Expansion53.png.0334c11d98ea6abad903e70ea86aaf80.png

Right now, stuff on the ground is a jumble of metal and "chicken wire" sculpting.  Interesting how everything in DL looks, from here.

Expansion54.png.fc05e2cd7088a4ba205b8ac7c524b836.png

Mainly showing the Peter Pan attraction show building. And to it's left, TinkerBell's Ride and a themed eating spot. 🏴‍☠️

Thank you to Sunmz, who took these shots.

• Like 1

Hey Elissa! Guess what? It's Chip 'n' Dale's 80th Birthday!

And they've got a bunch of souvenirs to celebrate the occasion, at TDL Resort.

https://tdrexplorer.com/chip-n-dale-80th-anniversary-merchandise-at-disney-store-japan/

Have fun deciding what to buy. Thanks to TDRexplorer.com for the great listing of stuff!

chip-n-dale80a.png.9f36fae70f903f9bfe1b790b751fc7b8.png

It'll all be available from March 14 and 17th at various Tokyo Disney Stores.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to visit the parks on 8/30 and 8/31. Just trying to figure out when school vacation typically ends to figure out if I should push the visit to the next week! Will plan to get Premier Access for many of the rides if lines seem to warrant it... since we only have a day at each park, we will want to make the most of it.

Hey, thanks! I think we've opted to do a Full Day at Tokyo DisneySea and try to squeeze in just a half day (evening) at Tokyo Disneyland. Plan to just hit up a few of the favorites. If we can somehow still get premier pass for Beauty and Beast, great. If not, may not work out.

Just a whole lot of non-amusement park related things to do this time. So, doing my best to strike a balance!

^FYI - the big rides with long lines have been closing the line HOURS before park close. =(

Again, hopefully this will be changed and back to normal by the time you go but I tend to doubt it.  Also, B&TB Premier Access sells out in the morning so you would have no chance at that.  I agree to spend more time at Sea than Land, but the parks are very different from how they used to operate so keep that in mind. 

^Very very helpful information. Won't count on being able to hop in line for things before park close. That's definitely an element of the Tokyo Disney parks that is unfortunate compared to the U.S. parks where you can just get in line 5 minutes before close and extend your day a bit. That, coupled with seemingly earlier close (9:00 PM) might make it difficult to get too, too much done. But we will keep our eyes peeled on how the parks are operating closer to our visit.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Tokyo Disney Resort has announced that Fantasy Springs at Tokyo DisneySea will be opening on June 6th, 2024!

image.thumb.png.3632aebaeabdc26f2e2352f8cc0531bf.png

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/special/fantasysprings/

Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced that Fantasy Springs, the eighth themed port at Tokyo DisneySea® Park, will open on June 6, 2024. To enter Fantasy Springs and experience the new areas and their attractions, a Standby Pass (available free of charge) or Disney Premier Access (available for a fee) will be required.

Fantasy Springs consists of three areas inspired by Walt Disney Animation Studios films: Frozen Kingdom (the Frozen-themed area), Rapunzel’s Forest (the Tangled-themed area) and Peter Pan’s Never Land (the Peter Pan-themed area), as well as the Disney hotel, Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel. Themed to magical springs that lead to a world of Disney fantasy, this new themed port will be the only one of its kind in the world.

At the entrance to Fantasy Springs, nestled between Lost River Delta and Arabian Coast, guests will first be welcomed to this world of Disney fantasy by an entry archway adorned with magical springs representing Disney characters such as Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel and Peter Pan.

At Frozen Kingdom, with its beautiful views of the kingdom of Arendelle, guests can experience the Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey attraction and enjoy a heartwarming tale of two sisters that discover only true love can thaw a frozen heart, together with some of the well-known songs from the Disney Animation film Frozen. In Rapunzel’s Forest stands a tower where the long-haired princess, Rapunzel, has lived since she was a child. Here, guests can experience the Rapunzel's Lantern Festival attraction and take a romantic boat ride to the annual Lantern Festival. All photos are concept images. © Disney Peter Pan’s Never Land offers spectacular scenery, which includes Captain Hook’s pirate ship and the iconic Skull Rock that guests may recall from the Disney Animation film Peter Pan. At the Peter Pan’s Never Land Adventure attraction, guests join Peter Pan and his friends as they encounter Captain Hook and fly over Never Land. The Fairy Tinker Bell’s Busy Buggies attraction in Pixie Hollow, the fairy valley where Tinker Bell lives, welcomes guests at fairy size to enjoy the changing seasons.

Additionally, guests can stop by new restaurants, a merchandise shop and more, each with their own unique charms that bring to life the worlds from the films.

Furthermore, guests can enjoy a stay at Tokyo DisneySea Fantasy Springs Hotel, which will be the sixth Disney hotel in Japan. This Park-integrated hotel comprises two buildings: the “deluxetype” Fantasy Chateau and the “luxury-type” Grand Chateau. With the addition of this new “luxury-type” option to the current lineup of “value-type,” “moderate-type” and “deluxe-type” hotels, guests can experience an even more personalized resort stay immersed in a Disney dream.

To enter Fantasy Springs and enjoy the new locations and attractions, a Standby Pass (available free of charge) or Disney Premier Access (available for a fee) for eligible attractions in Fantasy Springs will be required, in addition to a valid Park ticket for Tokyo DisneySea. With a Standby Pass or Disney Premier Access for an attraction in Fantasy Springs, guests will be able to enter Fantasy Springs at a specified time to enjoy both the new area and the attraction. Standby Pass is available on the Tokyo Disney Resort App, and guests can obtain a Standby Pass free of charge after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience any of the four attractions at Fantasy Springs with a Standby Pass. Once guests obtain a Standby Pass, they will be able to enter Fantasy Springs to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction at a designated time. Disney Premier Access is available for a fee, and guests can purchase Disney Premier Access using the Tokyo Disney Resort App after entering the Park. Guests will be able to experience three attractions at Fantasy Springs with Disney Premier Access. With Disney Premier Access for an attraction at Fantasy Springs, guests will be able to enter Fantasy Springs at a specified time to explore the new area and experience the selected attraction with a reduced wait time, offering convenience and added flexibility for those who wish to maximize their visit to this new area.

Since opening in 2001, Tokyo DisneySea has been transformed after undergoing the largest development in its history, spanning an area of approximately 140,000 m2 . Taking just over five years from the start of construction in May 2019, there has been a total investment of approximately 320 billion yen in this project. The addition of the new themed port, Fantasy Springs, to the world’s only Disney Park themed to the sea promises to deliver even more moments filled with adventure and imagination to guests in Japan and from around the world. Guests can delight in the beginning of a new story at Tokyo DisneySea.

• Like 4

Awesome!  We're planning to (hopefully) visit* Japan and TDR in <gulp> 2029,

when the newly designed (outer) Space Mountain  is also open, by then. :mickey:

*If by then, we can still afford it, too. 😉

SpceMntnRedo01.png.24f736ce74c1bfa41ee55815b6247959.png

This looks nice, too. Closing in 2024. Re-Opening in 2027.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something to add, about Space Mountain. I totally forgot that besides there being a new design look for it, the whole 'mountain' itself was being rebuilt and moved farther back from it's current location! And where the Mountain once stood, a new Plaza is being created. It makes me wonder, if in rebuilding SM, will it be a clone of the original one, or a track re-design and build, etc? Time will tell.

SpceMntnRedo02.png.a7c363c43fa21853172c4de33dd04568.png

Artist Concept art of the new Space Mountain and Plaza at night.

• Like 1

I mean it could be an RMC dive machine for all we know.  Not that I'm trying to influence anyone that may be reading this...

Seriously, though, I'm kinda hoping they go for a Guardians-style rebuild to differentiate themselves from Disneyland.  AFAIK every other Space Mountain is it's own thing and only Tokyo and DL are the same layout.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

I mean it could be an RMC dive machine for all we know.  Not that I'm trying to influence anyone that may be reading this...

Seriously, though, I'm kinda hoping they go for a Guardians-style rebuild to differentiate themselves from Disneyland.  AFAIK every other Space Mountain is it's own thing and only Tokyo and DL are the same layout.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea what this is going to be but my first impression was that it would be some sort of version of the Guardians ride system. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just found an overhead photo posted, showing the footprint of the new Space Mountain, and how far back it will be, from it's original spot.

Looks a bit bigger than the original footprint so ...... maybe an add-on bldg, behind the mountain itself, to house a Guardians-like attraction, maybe?

^ Like you suggested. 🙂

SpceMntnRedo03.png.7a6fdecba3a234a64cc56f27b44888f5.png

Thanks to whoever took this shot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered two new photos taken and posted. Both in the direction of the fabled North Mountain w/Elsa's Castle and all.

The castle close up, looks (to me) pretty beautiful, and I can't wait to see how this all looks at night! :mickey:

Expansion58.png.d579e924cfba865c6509bd27ef45fea6.png

There's so many TREES in there, now! And the mountain and Castle ..... <sighs>

Expansion58a.png.589588a12124eff8e8c720a495758810.png

And the Close Up shot. Thanks to 'mikiman1988' for both photos!

• Like 2

News is out, that Space Mountain will close at the end of July next year, and then (hopefully) will re-open with it's new design and location, in 2027. And between April 9 and July 31 there are plans to hold a "Farewell Event" before it finally closes, Probably with merchandise (and special food maybe, too?) to go along with the eventual closing.

SpceMntnRedo04.png.884e8c4737a918c5f1592215e69a823e.png

I'm very surprised they're closing it so early with a 3-year gap between iterations.  Since the new version is completely detached from the existing building I don't know why they couldn't leave the original running longer.  Maybe it's just a money pit, maintenance-wise, so they're cutting their losses, but what do I know?

Edit - About two seconds after hitting submit I had a thought.  Maybe they're actually going for a Guardians-style system and even using the original building with a launch, just like UoE became the station and queue in Epcot while the actual ride is in a separate building.  That could be fun...

• Like 2

^ I am hoping that's what they're going to do. Add a show building onto the back of the new Space Mountain (still out of sight from the gp) and that adds more track and scene/effects to it, which would be great! Or just make a bigger mountain, etc.

And ultimately, after this and Fantasy Springs have been open for a while, our plans are to re-visit TDR in 2029. 😀

During their (Nov/December) Holiday Season, mid-late November, if we can. 🌲