Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 am

Knoebels just posted this to their Facebook page hinting about their new for 2015 coaster. Is it a Zierer???

UPDATE:
Just for consistency's sake (and for the thread description link), I'll do a quick roundup of confirmed info:

Name: Impulse
Location: Near the gift shop and Giant Wheel, replacing the Bumper Boats ride and Boat Tag game
Manufacturer / Model: Zierer / Tower Coaster
Height: 98 feet at highest point
Speed: 56 miles per hour maximum

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knoebels-Amusement-Resort/207828210550
knoebelstwitter.jpg
Last edited by A.J. on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:06 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:59 am

Not what I expected, but that looks like a fun ride.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:30 am

Really wasn't expecting that, where does it say zierer? I wonder why they went with this over a Eurofighter, trying to work out how this ties into the 3 states thing right now.
Last edited by Garet on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:35 am.

Postby imawesome1124 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:30 am

It's great to see Knoebel's appealing to the more "extreme" ride crowd. While Phoenix, Twister, and Flying Turns are all great coasters (just going by what people have said, never actually been to Knoebel's) the average GP would probably be looking for something with "loop-dee-loops," and might not be satisfied with just three wooden coasters, a kiddie coaster, and a coaster/dark ride. I think this is a great move by the park.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 am

That's pretty exciting, I've always heard pretty good things WIcked at Lagoon.

Leave it to Knoebels to go with a bit of a , uh, different manufacturer. I know Zierer has had some big projects recently but they're still relatively new to the major coaster market. You If Knoebels builds it it's going to be awesome, bout time to schedule up a trip to PA again.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:32 am

Well this should be fun! It probably won't be on the level of Pheonix or Twister but this is a big deal for a park like Knoebels and it's something they've been lacking. I wonder where they're going to put it though... hopefully it won't come at the expense of any notable attractions.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 am

Garet wrote:Really wasn't expecting that, where does it say zierer? I wonder why they didn't go with a eurofighter for this?

I'm not sure it says it anywhere, I think it's just a guess. Since this is only a tease, not an official announcement, anyone have any more idea based on what was shown?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am

robbalvey wrote:
Garet wrote:Really wasn't expecting that, where does it say zierer? I wonder why they didn't go with a eurofighter for this?

I'm not sure it says it anywhere, I think it's just a guess. Since this is only a tease, not an official announcement, anyone have any more idea based on what was shown?

Yup. Zierer designed Wicked at Lagoon, right? It does a launch to the vertical tower, continues the launch up the tower, and drops vertically down. The Zierer tower coaster doesn't have a beyond-vertical drop like a Euro-fighter does.

Also, it uses three-tube track for most of the entire layout, at least in the NoLimits screenshot.

Last edited by A.J. on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:47 am.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:44 am

It sure looks like a Eurofighter to me. 4 across trains, OTSRs, Gerstlauer uses the three tube track on plenty of the Eurofighters. Zierer was contracted out for fabrication for Wicked IIRC; the actual design was done in-house, which is why there's never been a followup.

(Now I hear that maybe it is Zierer, so go figure.)
Last edited by DirkFunk on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:46 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:45 am

Alright read the Facebook comments, they semi confirm this coaster. I'm sure it will be a blast.
Last edited by Mrlittle on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!