Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:45 am

JT325 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:a 30 second walk

You have seen American Eagle's queue, right?

Yes. And Viper, Superman, Raging Bull, Maxx Force, X-Flight... Scream, X2, Goliath, Riddler... The Boss, Mr. Freeze, etc., etc. Notice a pattern? It’s not a space issue, it’s a Six Flags design feature. And a horrible way to treat paying customers.

You're right... Every queue should be 10' long... And have the line spill out into the midway and clog up the midway...

We get it... You hate SFGAm. You've repeatedly posted that you're "Done with SFGAm" for the next few years. Please stop bitching just to bitch.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:00 am

prozach626 wrote:
JT325 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:a 30 second walk

You have seen American Eagle's queue, right?

Yes. And Viper, Superman, Raging Bull, Maxx Force, X-Flight... Scream, X2, Goliath, Riddler... The Boss, Mr. Freeze, etc., etc. Notice a pattern? It’s not a space issue, it’s a Six Flags design feature. And a horrible way to treat paying customers.

Bruh... lol. Don't you think that statement is a little overboard?

No, I don't. But I definitely respect your opinion.

RaceBoarder wrote:You're right... Every queue should be 10' long... And have the line spill out into the midway and clog up the midway...

I respectfully disagree and have experienced other parks for many years manage their crowds and queue lines/exits much better and with guest comfort in mind. Bottlenecks don't make people happy.

RaceBoarder wrote:We get it... You hate SFGAm.

No, I don't hate SFGAm.

RaceBoarder wrote:Please stop bitching just to bitch.

Please stop defending for no reason. It's a well known and valid complaint in the industry.

But you are correct in that this is not typically the place to air those grievances.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JT2002 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 am

Hank has gone on record saying that RMC Eagle is too expensive, but retracing is feasible. Water Coaster, bet
I resemble that

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RCTycoonClassic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:31 am

JT2002 wrote:Hank has gone on record saying that RMC Eagle is too expensive, but retracing is feasible. Water Coaster, bet

Not only is it probably too expensive, why would they RMC Eagle with goliath in the same park, let alone so close to it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:14 am

^ If a ride is popular enough, it's not a problem to have two of them. Doesn't this park still have two log flumes next to each other?

As for RMC Eagle, they could always shorten the track length. Iron Rattler and Twisted Colossus didn't use the whole layout. I know this one is an out-and-back, but there's nothing saying they have to go all the way out.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TexasParkman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 am

Fiesta Texas has 2 RMC's- granted they are 2 different types of coasters. I really cannot see how making a coaster smoother would be bad because the park has another one. I would take the RMC treatment for Judge Roy at SFOT in a heartbeat!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah, that's definitely a thing. Can you imagine the look on everyone's faces when they get to this park and discover the brand new coaster they've seen all over TikTok and Youtube means this park has TWO rides from the SAME manufacturer? I can see the disappointment from here.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby DavidB » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 pm

I love the idea of one side staying 'traditional' and the other being converted. I know this is blasphemy to many, but it seems like a good compromise. Designers have a pretty solid idea of ride times at this point and they could get them close enough to still "race." The traditional side could be converted to RMC over topper as part of the project to freshen it up and keep it smoother while reducing maintenance. I thought the same thing about Racer when that whole discussion came up as well. I like wood coasters but AE didn't do much for me last month on my visit and would be on board with a conversion of one side.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:29 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Can you imagine the look on everyone's faces when they get to this park and discover the brand new coaster they've seen all over TikTok and Youtube means this park has TWO rides from the SAME manufacturer? I can see the disappointment from here.

Oh God... that's a thing now? Did enthusiasts actually start reporting stuff on Tiktok?

*shudder*
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Tiktok's got roller coasters, but I haven't seen any enthusiasts there yet. Just cool people.

The point is, the kids are going to see a new coaster and not care about who made it. Most of them will think Six Flags designed it in house anyway. No one but enthusiasts cares about who manufactures what.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!